Spring 1987

Carrot Top!

Hah! Looks more like Billy Squier to me! I can almost hear The Stroke blaring from out those T-tops!

Still beats my whip in '87, though. I think I was rolling a bright yellow Tonka dump truck in the dirt behind my house.

Hah! Looks more like Billy Squier to me! I can almost hear The Stroke blaring from out those T-tops!

Still beats my whip in '87, though. I think I was rolling a bright yellow Tonka dump truck in the dirt behind my house.

OMG!

I thought I had successfully forgotten about Billy Squier!

I was involved in music at the time... but it was way underground.

please dont wear loose shorts....

i worked at a rock climbing gym ..... i leanred big guys wearing loose shorts and no undergarments was common.... and unfortuantley, not as common as young girls

(except for the girls who wore skirts... :smilewide:)

You talking to me or K.C.? I'm 6' and 175 pounds, not exactly big, or are you talking about after you looked up? :rotflmao:

hahaha on SS623's face as he looks up and sees.... OMG!:lol:

i was disgusted...

but it sure made me feel better about myself....

one time, a girl in a skirt was wearing a thong.. and i mean, who goes rock climbing in a skirt and thong.... not that i was complaining... (i wasnt staring... i had to pay attention that she was, um, climbing correctly) :scratchchin:

WOW, you wear underwear? :AH-HA_wink:

Yeah, I wear comfortable and supportive Hanes boxer briefs. They are the best! I never ever go commando! :lol:

SS, no worries about me rock climbin. I dress approrpiately so the mouse stays in the house.

Yeah, I wear comfortable and supportive Hanes boxer briefs. They are the best! I never ever go commando! :lol:

SS, no worries about me rock climbin. I dress approrpiately so the mouse stays in the house.

too bad many people dont have the same standards as you...

other than that and the $h!ty pay, i liked that job

I take it you found that job had the side benefit of giving a boost of confidence where it counts, am I right? j/k :smilewide:

Edited by YellowJacket894

I take it you found that job had the side benefit of giving a boost of confidence where it counts, am I right? j/k :smilewide:

not the same kind of boost, but i work in a supermarket and see all the weird ass people in my town... trust me, that'll mkae you feel better about yourself in every way!

im out of that crappy supermarket in may, once schools out.. i got an awesome job lined up :AH-HA_wink:

not the same kind of boost, but i work in a supermarket and see all the weird ass people in my town... trust me, that'll mkae you feel better about yourself in every way!

You missed my point, but okay. :AH-HA_wink:

A supermarket? Ha! I worked at a gas station out in the f@#king sticks from October of last year to February. I got to see things that no man should have to see. I did get to see some interesting cars, however, so that served as an adequate counterbalance to seeing all of the inbreds coming down and creeping out from nearby Jackson County. Inbreds tend to drive some nice cars, surprisingly. One even had a '71 Dodge Charger R/T and that was a treat to hear! :smilewide:

im out of that crappy supermarket in may, once schools out.. i got an awesome job lined up :AH-HA_wink:

I have a better job in mind as well and I should be working at it by May. It allows me to be around the one of the things I love most in life: cars. :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by YellowJacket894

mine too! i cant do it now because of my high school schedule, but i will be working at S&K Speed, a local speed shop. i shop there all the time, and i talked to the owner about a job. i love it because im gonna learn more about cars, awork around a whole bunch of parts, some better pay/hours then the supermarket, and a hefty discount on parts.... nice nitrous kit may be in the future :AH-HA_wink:

mine too! i cant do it now because of my high school schedule, but i will be working at S&K Speed, a local speed shop. i shop there all the time, and i talked to the owner about a job. i love it because im gonna learn more about cars, awork around a whole bunch of parts, some better pay/hours then the supermarket, and a hefty discount on parts.... nice nitrous kit may be in the future :AH-HA_wink:

Well, my job will be less flamboyant than that. Sadly, there are no speed shops here in Madison County, just the occasional parts house joint, like your standard NAPA or CarQuest, etc.

The job I am looking into is detailing, actually, at a local GM dealer, and once I have fully acquired some mechanic skills, I hopefully will be working on them after that. It might sound like a lowly job, but the knowledge acquired from it will only benefit myself in the future.

$h!ty pay is better than being $h! on, which could happen in that "position". :lol: Count your blessings.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who trades cars like they change underwear. :lol:

I think there is a gene that causes it. I have the same problem and so does my brother.

My insurance agent jokes about it with me a lot. He's almost as bad as I am.

I think there is a gene that causes it. I have the same problem and so does my brother.

My insurance agent jokes about it with me a lot. He's almost as bad as I am.

Some family members say that I am just trying to replace something I don't have. I said, yeah, I am trying to replace an older vehicle with a newer one! :smilewide:

Some family members say that I am just trying to replace something I don't have. I said, yeah, I am trying to replace an older vehicle with a newer one! :smilewide:

My smarta$$ reply would probably be something like, "yeah, something I actually care about" and look at them pointedly.

My one sister gave me a bunch of crap. I don't listen to her anymore. She was upset since I had some nice cars and she didn't have one worth having.

Hmmm, let's see. I work a full time job for the Air Force and I am in the Air Force Reserves (the 2 jobs are tied together).

I take care of my family and all of our bills.

Yep, I have some nice cars, I earned the money. I get to decide what I spend it on once the necessities are paid for.

Hey, its our hobby, it's our fun. Those that don't understand probably never will. Unless, we take them to the drag strip and get them hooked too.

i was disgusted...

but it sure made me feel better about myself....

one time, a girl in a skirt was wearing a thong.. and i mean, who goes rock climbing in a skirt and thong.... not that i was complaining... (i wasnt staring... i had to pay attention that she was, um, climbing correctly) :scratchchin:

:scratchchin:

My smarta$$ reply would probably be something like, "yeah, something I actually care about" and look at them pointedly.

My one sister gave me a bunch of crap. I don't listen to her anymore. She was upset since I had some nice cars and she didn't have one worth having.

Hmmm, let's see. I work a full time job for the Air Force and I am in the Air Force Reserves (the 2 jobs are tied together).

I take care of my family and all of our bills.

Yep, I have some nice cars, I earned the money. I get to decide what I spend it on once the necessities are paid for.

Hey, its our hobby, it's our fun. Those that don't understand probably never will. Unless, we take them to the drag strip and get them hooked too.

If they really get on my nerves, I just tell them when they make my money for me they can tell me what to spend it on. ;)

Yeah, my family members were like this :rolleyes: when they found out I had an accident in the Sierra. "You won't keep that truck, it's been wrecked!" was the chorus. I have so many things I want to do to the house, though, and my new washer & dryer was 2 grand, so I really should pay that off before any more big purchases.

Yeah, my family members were like this :rolleyes: when they found out I had an accident in the Sierra. "You won't keep that truck, it's been wrecked!" was the chorus. I have so many things I want to do to the house, though, and my new washer & dryer was 2 grand, so I really should pay that off before any more big purchases.

2 grand? Wow.....