Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ocnblu

Mysticism

60 posts in this topic

Today at lunch, I had to go past the local BPG dealership. I immediately noticed a nice looking '09 Vibe GT in Mystic Blue with sunroof. Mystic Blue is a sort of teal color, and with the handsome 18" GT rims, it was by far the best looking new Vibe I've seen yet. After work, I decided to stop in and take a test drive. "My" salesdude was there who sold me my truck. He stuck a dealer tag on the car and I drove it off the dealer's front lawn.

The Vibe GT is pretty much a loaded vehicle, with a long list of standard stuff, including cloth seats with leather trim and a kickass Monsoon sound system. The 5-speed manual transmission and clutch work fine together. The 2.4L engine has good, smooth pickup, and seems torquey. I got up to 80 mph on the freeway before I knew it. The car has a bit more road noise than my Sierra (understandably), but it is not objectionable. And the color really grabbed me. The sticker price seems reasonable for a GT with sunroof and "smoker's package", at $20,100.

I told salesdude I'd be back in there tomorrow around 10 to have my truck appraised and to put together some figures. Not sure yet if I will chicken out, I'll let you all know.

I agree with Camino on this, the Vibe should not exist and that relationship with Toyota needs to be dissolved. I have started to whisper this in Mr. Burns' ear. :smilewide:

I agree with Camino on this, the Vibe should not exist and that relationship with Toyota needs to be dissolved. I have started to whisper this in Mr. Burns' ear. :smilewide:

Wow, we agree on something, although I tend to think that maybe its Toyota that should be dissolved, :AH-HA_wink:

Hehehe, after I posted this, I saw the "production" Camaro convertible thread up in the Camaro Center here. Sigh... I think I will officially "chicken out" tomorrow. :AH-HA_wink:

HHR SS . . . . . . . It's a good thing. :chevy:

HHR SS . . . . . . . It's a good thing. :chevy:

Even I agree. :yes:

:o Camino? You? HHR SS? Really?

Yup.

It is one of about three FWDs that impress me.

Especially the panel version.

Even I agree. :yes:

You feeling ok? Need a shot of RWD horsepower? :lol:

You feeling ok? Need a shot of RWD horsepower? :lol:

Yes, I'm going through LS1 withdrawal!

Yes, I'm going through LS1 withdrawal!

Horrible, horrible illness. Head on down to a Chevy dealership and test drive a new Z06. That's my prescription.

Horrible, horrible illness. Head on down to a Chevy dealership and test drive a new Z06. That's my prescription.

Those guys know me too well to hand me the keys. :lol:

Once the weather really breaks and I can get back in the barn to play with the nasty wagon, I'll make a recovery of sorts. Especially when I hear it fire up through those headers. 8)

i'm thinking of just test driving an hhr ss myself, for the hell of it.

Those guys know me too well to hand me the keys. :lol:

Once the weather really breaks and I can get back in the barn to play with the nasty wagon, I'll make a recovery of sorts. Especially when I hear it fire up through those headers. 8)

Oh, yeah, I am anxiously waiting for better weather so I can drive the 71Z/28 and the Sklyark to work. I love driving the Vette, but there is something about those two that is different, special.

Oh, yeah, I am anxiously waiting for better weather so I can drive the 71Z/28 and the Sklyark to work. I love driving the Vette, but there is something about those two that is different, special.

I know exactly what you mean, but I have lots of work to do before I can twist that key.

For that, I give you a standing ovation! 1074.gif

Who are you, and give PCS his account back! :confused0071::huh::D

I would say it PCs' evil twin but I think PCs IS the evil twin.

Crisis Negotiation Team to Ocnblu: "Sir, put the keys down and slowly back away from the Toyota, err um, I mean Pontiac"

:lol::lol::lol:

I saw tonight at my local dealer the color you are talking about. You really don't want to get this car, trust me :thumbsup:

Crisis Negotiation Team to Ocnblu: "Sir, put the keys down and slowly back away from the Toyota, err um, I mean Pontiac"

:lol::lol::lol:

I saw tonight at my local dealer the color you are talking about. You really don't want to get this car, trust me :thumbsup:

Damn-you're too late! I already own a silver one! :banghead:

*POP*

Never mind, just a bad dream.... :)

Here is something that will bring all of those bad Vibes to an end:

F08-0295014110image.jpg

:P

Edited by YellowJacket894

Here is something that will bring all of those bad Vibes to an end:

F08-0295014110image.jpg

:P

ow...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room