Sign in to follow this  
ocnblu

Mysticism

60 posts in this topic

ocnblu    719

Today at lunch, I had to go past the local BPG dealership. I immediately noticed a nice looking '09 Vibe GT in Mystic Blue with sunroof. Mystic Blue is a sort of teal color, and with the handsome 18" GT rims, it was by far the best looking new Vibe I've seen yet. After work, I decided to stop in and take a test drive. "My" salesdude was there who sold me my truck. He stuck a dealer tag on the car and I drove it off the dealer's front lawn.

The Vibe GT is pretty much a loaded vehicle, with a long list of standard stuff, including cloth seats with leather trim and a kickass Monsoon sound system. The 5-speed manual transmission and clutch work fine together. The 2.4L engine has good, smooth pickup, and seems torquey. I got up to 80 mph on the freeway before I knew it. The car has a bit more road noise than my Sierra (understandably), but it is not objectionable. And the color really grabbed me. The sticker price seems reasonable for a GT with sunroof and "smoker's package", at $20,100.

I told salesdude I'd be back in there tomorrow around 10 to have my truck appraised and to put together some figures. Not sure yet if I will chicken out, I'll let you all know.

zhawk    0
I agree with Camino on this, the Vibe should not exist and that relationship with Toyota needs to be dissolved. I have started to whisper this in Mr. Burns' ear. :smilewide:

Wow, we agree on something, although I tend to think that maybe its Toyota that should be dissolved, :AH-HA_wink:

ocnblu    719
Hehehe, after I posted this, I saw the "production" Camaro convertible thread up in the Camaro Center here. Sigh... I think I will officially "chicken out" tomorrow. :AH-HA_wink:

zhawk    0
Yes, I'm going through LS1 withdrawal!

Horrible, horrible illness. Head on down to a Chevy dealership and test drive a new Z06. That's my prescription.

Camino LS6    866
Horrible, horrible illness. Head on down to a Chevy dealership and test drive a new Z06. That's my prescription.

Those guys know me too well to hand me the keys. :lol:

Once the weather really breaks and I can get back in the barn to play with the nasty wagon, I'll make a recovery of sorts. Especially when I hear it fire up through those headers. 8)

zhawk    0
Those guys know me too well to hand me the keys. :lol:

Once the weather really breaks and I can get back in the barn to play with the nasty wagon, I'll make a recovery of sorts. Especially when I hear it fire up through those headers. 8)

Oh, yeah, I am anxiously waiting for better weather so I can drive the 71Z/28 and the Sklyark to work. I love driving the Vette, but there is something about those two that is different, special.

Camino LS6    866
Oh, yeah, I am anxiously waiting for better weather so I can drive the 71Z/28 and the Sklyark to work. I love driving the Vette, but there is something about those two that is different, special.

I know exactly what you mean, but I have lots of work to do before I can twist that key.

Blake Noble    144
I agree with Camino on this, the Vibe should not exist and that relationship with Toyota needs to be dissolved. I have started to whisper this in Mr. Burns' ear. :smilewide:

For that, I give you a standing ovation! 1074.gif

GMTruckGuy74    228

Crisis Negotiation Team to Ocnblu: "Sir, put the keys down and slowly back away from the Toyota, err um, I mean Pontiac"

:lol::lol::lol:

I saw tonight at my local dealer the color you are talking about. You really don't want to get this car, trust me :thumbsup:

daves87rs    316
Crisis Negotiation Team to Ocnblu: "Sir, put the keys down and slowly back away from the Toyota, err um, I mean Pontiac"

:lol::lol::lol:

I saw tonight at my local dealer the color you are talking about. You really don't want to get this car, trust me :thumbsup:

Damn-you're too late! I already own a silver one! :banghead:

*POP*

Never mind, just a bad dream.... :)

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this