Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Attention blackviper

Cory,

You might remember about 6 months or so ago I sent your sketches to Ed Welburn, well I never heard anything back.

Now that I am a GM god :AH-HA_wink:, Ed himself reads and answers my e-mails when I send them now. :smilewide: I discussed your sketches with him in an E-Mail a week or so ago, please see Ed's response below. give me 5 - 10 sketches and send them to my yahoo email at [email protected], I have limited web and email access where I am now, so that's a better email address for me. I will send them directly to Ed Welburn himself, also supply me with your e-mail address too, so I can forward it to Ed so he can give you his thoughts on them directly.

Please note, John is my 1st name, Börger is my middle name that my friends use, in GM I am only known as John.

Ed's response:

John,

I would love to see this young man's sketches. I'm curious to see the type of cars interest him.

You asked me about 1968-72 Pontiac A-bodies. That was a great series of cars with terrific body shapes. If you look at the latest trends in design you will notice that cars are beginning to become more sculptured again. Much like those wonderful Pontiacs. As we develop future vehicles for Pontiac, those great Pontiacs are definitely on our designers mind.

Thanks for the note,

Ed Welburn

There you go Cory, send them to me, opportunity doesn't knock twice.

Börger

Cory,

You might remember about 6 months or so ago I sent your sketches to Ed Welburn, well I never heard anything back.

Now that I am a GM god :AH-HA_wink:, Ed himself reads and answers my e-mails when I send them now. :smilewide: I discussed your sketches with him in an E-Mail a week or so ago, please see Ed's response below. give me 5 - 10 sketches and send them to my yahoo email at [email protected], I have limited web and email access where I am now, so that's a better email address for me. I will send them directly to Ed Welburn himself, also supply me with your e-mail address too, so I can forward it to Ed so he can give you his thoughts on them directly.

Please note, John is my 1st name, Börger is my middle name that my friends use, in GM I am only known as John.

Ed's response:

John,

I would love to see this young man's sketches. I'm curious to see the type of cars interest him.

You asked me about 1968-72 Pontiac A-bodies. That was a great series of cars with terrific body shapes. If you look at the latest trends in design you will notice that cars are beginning to become more sculptured again. Much like those wonderful Pontiacs. As we develop future vehicles for Pontiac, those great Pontiacs are definitely on our designers mind.

Thanks for the note,

Ed Welburn

There you go Cory, send them to me, opportunity doesn't knock twice.

Börger

Thanks. I'm still largely unsure if this is what I want to do, but I'll try to round up some of my better sketches.

I haven't forgotten you Dodgefan, we'll talk more once your formal schooling is over. :yes:

Bö®gÉr

Okay, I have no design talent or engineering skills, but if you could pull some strings and get me in on the GMC Denali XT focus group, I'd be one happy C&G poster! :AH-HA_wink:

• 2 weeks later...

All here is what I did. First blackviper, I compressed your sketches, which made them the best quality for Ed Welburn to veiw them in. Secondly I sent all 11 of your sketches to him with a personal note from me. I do believe he may be in China next week because of the Beijing Auto show, so don't get depressed if you don't hear anything right away.

I hope whatever you hear from Ed, whether good, bad or indifferent, that you will share that with us here at C&G, it would be good to see what he thinks of your work.

I wish you the best of luck. :yes: