New Metallica album name!

I did a little internet digging and the only source I found for that name was mentioned on some Metallica message board, so I'm a little skeptical. I don't really like the title that much though...St. Anger was not a good album and I hope Metallica distances itself from it with the new album. I really hope they come up with something better than "Reverend Furious."

It seems the boys decided that after "Saint Anger", Metallica's new album (due this year) should be called "Reverend Furious" :smilewide:

Ouch. :pokeowned:

The last Metallica album I liked was S&M....

Considering the ONLY album they've done since S&M was Stanger, I'd bet that the vast majority of Metallica fans would agree with you on that one. But it is a damn good album.

I did a little internet digging and the only source I found for that name was mentioned on some Metallica message board, so I'm a little skeptical. I don't really like the title that much though...St. Anger was not a good album and I hope Metallica distances itself from it with the new album. I really hope they come up with something better than "Reverend Furious."

It was a joke someone posted on Metallica's board. I just found it hilarious. I even put that up as my personal message on MSN :smilewide:

My favoutite titles are a few they were joking aroound with at the time St. Anger was recorded: "Floods of Vomit" and "Satanic Coo Coo Clock".

Anyway, one month from today (June 5th) I'll be rocking to their stuff, old and/or new, in Lisboa. I don't know how I'll be able to come to work the day after, but I'll worry about that then, hehe

If so, I will have Lars Ulrich's head on a pike and use it as my personal bowling ball.

:lol: poor Lars!

Edited by ZL-1

:lol: I found two more funny song/album names form the St. Anger sessions:

"We Put the Riff in Riff Raff"

"One Minute Closer to Death (Than You Were a Minute Ago)"

And from the ever reliable source known as wikipedia: Recently Lars told Examiner.com that "There's one called '19,' '10,' 'German Soup', 'Glass Cow','Casper,' 'Exploiter', and even 'Black Squirrel'.

Edited by ZL-1

my metalhead buddy calls metallica 'lica' now because he says they've pussied out and they don't play metal anymore.

That's funny... You know, because St. Anger isn't pure THRASH metal or anything :rolleyes:

I think a lot of people are just jealous of their success. Like them or not, you can't deny that they are one of the most successful bands ever and that they basically DEFINED a genre of music.

Then you get the music snobs who believe that everything has to be unbelievably technical to be "good music" For example, Dragon Force, which by-in-large SUCKS but is extremely technical.

Then you just get the metalheads who rebel for the sake of rebeling (After all, that's what it's all about, right?)

For me; the more people that hate MetallicA, the better. I never liked being a part of the "cool kids" anyway.

Best album from them was Master of Puppets.

Many of my peers (just post gen.X) thought that Metallica "sold out" with

the Black Album. While I love the Black Album and it was what got me

interested in the band once I owned the entire set of albums I can not

even think of an album thats as good as M.o.P.

S&M was cool, still listen to it at times, Ride the Lightning was great too.

Back in high school I thought "King Nothing" was one of the best songs of

that current era. (mid 1990s) but Saint Anger left me cold.

I think Saint Anger is their WORST album by far.

Best album from them was Master of Puppets.

Many of my peers (just post gen.X) thought that Metallica "sold out" with

the Black Album. While I love the Black Album and it was what got me

interested in the band once I owned the entire set of albums I can not

even think of an album thats as good as M.o.P.

S&M was cool, still listen to it at times, Ride the Lightning was great too.

Back in high school I thought "King Nothing" was one of the best songs of

that current era. (mid 1990s) but Saint Anger left me cold.

I think Saint Anger is their WORST album by far.

I agree 100%... Hell, maybe they did sell out, but at least they didn't put out the same rehashed $h! 9 times over. (*cough*SLAYER*cough*)

Personally, I love the black album and the Load albums. Of course, I love blues rock too and the lyrics of the Loads are a big draw to me, that's when Jaymz was in therapy the first time. They're very dark and very much my personality.

I think MOP is probably the best thrash album ever made, but Justice is probably my favorite MetallicA album because of the angst. I mean, the album starts out with a song that talks about the death of the world and then transitions into a song that is an anti-government political statement, then transitions into a song talking about being anti-PC. What more could I ever want?!?!

I would agree that St. Anger is their worst effort to date and the band has acknowledged that they feel the same way. However, I like St. Anger for what it is: A balls to the wall thrash album that is meant to make a statement that "Hey, we can still do this."

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

FoG:

Well, as with cars our taste in music seems to parallel pretty closely.

Justice for All is good stuff but I can't help but feel like Clif would

have kicked it up a notch.

I agree 100%... Hell, maybe they did sell out, but at least they didn't put out the same rehashed $h! 9 times over. (*cough*SLAYER*cough*)

I think the Loads have a few filler songs, but I find that to be the case whenever a band releases a two-disc album (which is what they were originally intended to be) and for the most part, they're good, diverse albums. Even when they were at their thrashy peak in the 80s, they had a much better range of styles than their peers, and that developed even more with the loads. "Low Man's Lyric" convinced me that if he wanted to, James Hetfield could easily make the transition to a bluesy country rock style, and kick ass at it.