Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Camino LS6

So what's the freakin' name going to be?

30 posts in this topic

C'mon GM, the name for the G8 Sport Truck was to be announced this month.

Only a few hours left to make that happen. :banghead:

June 2nd and still nothing. Tell GM's marketing guys to get off of their sorry asses so we can know which name won! :angry:

Well I got the call two weeks ago and they said I had to be quiet. Then when I was visiting the plant to see it built I had my Camera phone out taking pictures and was disqualified.

So not they have to start all over.

Now back to reality.......

I never heard a date and did read it was going to be some time before they would anounce the name. I know that they had to pick a list of names and then they had to be investigated only to survive GM legal. I know even when GM knows what name they want ahead of tiume it still takes a long time to find a name that passes approval.

I do have the feeling that so many of the sames names were sent in it should help pare down the choices some what.

It'll be called the Pontiac Daisy... and only available in Pink, Yellow, and White.

Who V8 the Daisy?

Marketing at its best.

Better check with Pontiac Custom-S. They might add the G8 ST to that website he mentioned when asked elsewhere about the G8 Wagon, nosuchpontiac.com.

Um, no.

It will get here next year - GM has commited to it.

But, at this rate, it will arrive before it gets a name.

Um, no.

It will get here next year - GM has commited to it.

But, at this rate, it will arrive before it gets a name.

You of anyone should know just picking a name off a list is not all that has to be done.

To make that list they have to have legal and marketing approve it and reshearch to make sure the name can be claimed, marketed and no offend anyone. We don't need another Lecrosse deal like they had in Canada again. It all takes time to dig into all angles of a name.

Besides till I am willing to bet it will show up on Woodward in a big anouncement. Where better to intro a performance truck.

You of anyone should know just picking a name off a list is not all that has to be done.

To make that list they have to have legal and marketing approve it and reshearch to make sure the name can be claimed, marketed and no offend anyone. We don't need another Lecrosse deal like they had in Canada again. It all takes time to dig into all angles of a name.

Besides till I am willing to bet it will show up on Woodward in a big anouncement. Where better to intro a performance truck.

Of course I know that, but there has been plenty of time. And Pontiac twice now has said that the name would be announced in a given month (May and June) and has failed to come through. They have also rejected, and then reconsidered El Camino as the name.

Let's hope that they come to their senses and leave that to Chevy.

Of course I know that, but there has been plenty of time. And Pontiac twice now has said that the name would be announced in a given month (May and June) and has failed to come through. They have also rejected, and then reconsidered El Camino as the name.

Let's hope that they come to their senses and leave that to Chevy.

Chevy will probably call the Brazilian Chevy Montana 'El Camino' if they bring it here like PCS has been hinting at...

Chevy will probably call the Brazilian Chevy Montana 'El Camino' if they bring it here like PCS has been hinting at...

That would be a crime!

It's encouraging to hear they're considering a V6 option (cool), and even hybrid (not for me, that's an image I care not to convey).

Ventura would have been a nice fit, if Venture wasn't so close.

The Pontiac Börgermobile. :smilewide:

I'd have to de-badge that one. :AH-HA_wink:

I'm sure that it'll just be called the "ST" too after all of this fanfare... I have a bad feeling

:rolleyes:

I'm sure that it'll just be called the "ST" too after all of this fanfare... I have a bad feeling

:rolleyes:

I can live with that if need be - despite the amazing lack of creativity and thought that name requires.

I just want to know.

Are the same people in charge of picking the name for the G8 ST in charge of choosing La Crosse vs Invicta vs Regal?

<_< Who's the chairman of that committee, D. Lay?

Edited by wildcat

I'm pretty sure it'll be called Invicta... I always thought the Alpha would be named Regal, and it can't be called LaCrosse because Oshawa owns the rights to that name as well as Regal.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0