Hey Daddy!

Happy Father's Day to all the fathers here at C&G. And to all the sons and daughters, what are you doing for your Dad today? We're getting together this afternoon at Romano's Macaroni Grill for a nice dinner.

Always had good meals at Romano's. Except for today, Father's Day. The food took forever to arrive at the table, and when it did... mine was cold and dry, Dad's was cold, future sister-in-law's was wrong, and bro's had, like, no sauce. Stepmom had the only good meal. Bleh. Just a bunch of hot servers I had to keep my eyes off of. Sigh. Edited by ocnblu

Ehh... don;t get me started.

My dad is in Slovakia right now handling the legalities of my

grandmother's will... it's been almost a year & he's just now

tying up all the loose ends, had to wait for the lawyers.

So we go out with Julie's dad to Cracker Barrel. Met up there

at 10am, it's freekin pandemonium. Finally get called in to

get seated at 11:45... it's almost noon by the time we get our

drinks and at about 1/4 past we place our order... 20 min.

later due to the thunderstorm the power goes out. Half an

hour later the power is still out and we're DONE waiting. All

we hae eaten is one cold biscuit each.

We move on to IHOP, half the people from C.B. beat us there,

so we finally went to Deli King, which is prob. what we SHOULD

have done to begin with.

And then the erst of the day was all donwhill... :P

Sofia DID get me a cool car book, w/ Julie's help of course.

He spent all day trying to get his Roadmaster running again--only with him does changing your tires and the car being parked for a couple of days mean something mechanical will then also go wrong. Little help from me, except for playing "okay, crank it" several times and helping him decipher parts that might be it.

Then out to dinner at the golf course clubhouse last night, which was fine--but not his style, hah. Neither my brother or I got him anything, so, well, that was it I think. Mom got flowers on Mother's Day, in my usual last ditch attempt.

While Father's Day was nice for me (was taken to breakfast at Cracker Barrel), the real deal was on Saturday as we travelled to Macungie, PA for the ATCA (Antique Truck Club of America) annual truck show. This year was the biggest I've seen, with a lot of new trucks never seen there before (my favorite was a 1937 1 1/2 ton Chevy Panel decked out like an old Budweiser Beer delivery truck). Club presence has definitely increased, and so has museum presence too. I spent the day looking at old trucks and new trucks (Mack Truck - Macungie Assembly Operations - self guided plant tour) with my two sons and wife. Sunday, besides breakfast, was a day out with the kids again and dinner over my parent's house. I got a matching t-shirt & hat that said "The World's Greatest Dad", some new Homer Simpson boxer shorts (pj's for me), and a one-year's subscription to "Vintage Truck" that netted me one extra free issue (7 issues for the price of 6). All in all it was a good day :AH-HA_wink: