Bloomberg.com: GM May Sell Mini-Cars to U.S. Buyers

Go, go, go. No more talk - do this! Every time I go to Brazil I see the Montana everywhere. In full dress, they are a great little truck. GM has the vehicle NOW. Just import the damned thing, don't study it!

They just spent $600 million on a new plant in Sao Paulo. Use it.

Ready for the Chevy Beat?

Yes, as a matter of fact I am. If you can give me one that's a convertible, even better.

Gas is nearly $5 per gallon here. I'm not considering a new car that doesn't get at least 30mpg. I would be thrilled if Chevrolet could get me one that better that in the city

Would think buildoinga ll 3 of those Micro cars would be a good idea. I think the Beat would wear the Pontiac grill nicely, and the Trax would look good next to the HHR, and the Groove would also look good in the Chevy showroom. Add the Corsa to Saturn and you have a good lineup of small, cool little cars.

Would think buildoinga ll 3 of those Micro cars would be a good idea. I think the Beat would wear the Pontiac grill nicely, and the Trax would look good next to the HHR, and the Groove would also look good in the Chevy showroom. Add the Corsa to Saturn and you have a good lineup of small, cool little cars.

Hmm... A Pontiac Beat would fit in nicely with the Vibe, naming-wise.

PCS, built in Brazil? [Pant, pant] When!!!!?

post-436-1215129084_thumb.jpg

Three years ago, I saw these all over the place in Brazil. I whined and complained THEN that we should have these, at least in Canada, like SO THREE YEARS AGO. I hope GM is listening. :hissyfit:

post-436-1215129084_thumb.jpg

Three years ago, I saw these all over the place in Brazil. I whined and complained THEN that we should have these, at least in Canada, like SO THREE YEARS AGO. I hope GM is listening. :hissyfit:

For whatever reason, I can't look at your attachment, just so you know. :scratchchin:

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

Carbiz, I think Borger wants to look at your "attachment". Shall we leave you two boys alone here in this thread?

I support the idear of a Pontiac-ized Beat. It's snazzy. The Montana should not in a million years be called "El Camino". I support the idear of it being sold here, though, as long as it has a suitably updated front clip, interior, and decent powertrains for US consumption.

my personal favorite, the Groove. boy these were attractive vehicles at the LA auto show. if they could come finished as they were there, with the option to soup them up, they would have instant hits. though they are similarly sized and obviously share commonality, this is an instance of successful platform engineering and should supply the more mass market brands. trax and groove can be chevy and beat can be a pontiac.

Well, my attachment was working earlier. Dunno what happened! Maybe I should get rid of my PS2 model 30, eh?

Bring them now, not later.

Glad to read they are 32 inches longer than the silly looking "smart".

Make some types a mild hybrid and crush the competition.

but they have to look mean/aggressive/stylish.

I agree that all 3 of the minicar concepts (Beat, Trax, and Groove) should be offered in the U.S. market. As much as many of you would like to see Pontiac get the Beat exclusively, you know it won't happen. They will give it to Chevrolet and maybe rebadge it as a Pontiac as an afterthought. I know this is negative, but I think the G8 sedan and ute (and possibly Solstice Coupe) will be the last exclusive products that Pontiac will ever receive.

As far as GM increasing its small car offerings; it would be great to see Saturn be fully converted to Opel and the newly rechristened division's lineup expanded to include more of the same products that are available in Europe. The Agila, Corsa 3-door/5-door, Tigra "TwinTop", Astra "TwinTop", and next generation Meriva/Zafira MPVs would be interesting and market appropriate additions to GM's U.S. small car arsenal.

I think with the ugly climate of the economies right now, it would behoove GM to sell minicars. I kinda like the Beat. I already have some license plate ideas for the Beat

BEAT IT

BEAT OFF

BEAT ME

The Groove is very cool as well, but my ideas for a license plate for it are not as stupid.

GROOVEE

GRVY BBY