Here, Spot! Good Boy...

ocnblu

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An Alfa 164. Haven't seen one in ages.

Wow..haven't seen on of those in ages either..there were two--a dark red one and a white one--that I probably saw 1/2 dozen times the 6 years I was in the Denver area. Another scarce import of that era are the Puegeot 405s, there was a dark blue one I saw maybe 3 times in that same 6 years.

Speaking of Alfas, saw a Milano on th freeway last night being followed by what I figured was an Alfa Giulia, but may have been a Fiat or Lancia, definitely a 70s Italian sedan (looks like a Datsun 510 with an upright rear-quarter pillar).

Saw my very first '09 GMT355 today, a black Canyon crewcab 4WD, with the new 16" rims and chrome trim. This one must have been a special edition of some kind, there was a small, green "E" sticker on the tailgate.:huh:

Drove by a few wrecks today. The first one had a Honda Pilot into the back of a Silverado, and there was also a smashed Civic on the side of the highway. The other wreck was a '70 to '73 Firebird into the back of a Honda Accord. The owner of the Firebird was looking forlornly at the front of his car, but it looked fixable.

At "my" BPG dealership's used car lot... a PRISTINE '95 Roadmaster sedan, triple maroon with leather, aluminum rims and big fat blackwall tires (a sign of authority in a big, American boat, imo). Posted price: $7995. I pray it doesn't get donked. It's an LT1-powered beauty.

Closing out August, since it's time to move on:

-55ish Buick, very cleanly done. Best-in-show quality chrome placed atop a burgundy and rust orange paint job.

-last gen Supra (hey, they've been rare for quite some time!)

-some Falcons and Fairlanes here and there

-orange G8

Forgot all about that Marauder I saw.

Edited by LosAngeles

At "my" BPG dealership's used car lot... a PRISTINE '95 Roadmaster sedan, triple maroon with leather, aluminum rims and big fat blackwall tires (a sign of authority in a big, American boat, imo). Posted price: $7995. I pray it doesn't get donked. It's an LT1-powered beauty.

What's the name of said dealership? I'd like to check out their website and see this car.

Driving down a back road I frequent, with corn fields and such, saw the top of an orange roof and then a black one moving along behind some corn stalks. Got closer and it was an orange Challenger SRT-8 and a black Mustang GT500 pulling out of a driveway onto the road and then lined up side by side to race after I passed. Wanted to stay and watch, hah!

Never expected to see that, or my first in person Challenger, like that.

Was at a car show Sat. Saw 1400 cars. Will list them all, one by one, in my next post.

All right, I won't. My buddy had his B-59 LeSabre flattop there, beautiful Silver Birch original cruising around. These cars have the weirdest seating postion- the seats are real close to the floor, and the front floors aren't dropped, so your legs go pretty straight out in front of you. I like it, but it sure is unusual.

Someday mine will be done (as I sit here, wasting time, poking buttons that aren't connected to my car).

Drank way too much beer.