Hey Guys!

Just wanted to stop in and say hello to fellow C&G'ers. I'll get right to the point and say that it's Josh and I'm obviously under my username that I use on Solstice Forums.

I've pretty much given up Internet blogging and GM sites as some readers of my site here may know. I'm just too busy. I recently went to work for GM at the Livonia Powertrain plant and it's been quite the experience. They hired me on July 14th after their 2 week shutdown ended. As most of you here know the Livonia Powertrain plant produces the Northstar V8.

My first week saw a lot of orientation and plant tours then we got to work the second week. I learned 4 jobs in 2 days on "the line" and truthfully enjoyed it. Then the "ax" came. Those of us that passed our drug test (4 of 10, they walked the other 6 out within the first week) were told we were being laid off for a week. Well a week turned into 2...turned into 3...turned into 4. Needless to say I went back to my job at T-Mobile were they actually gave me more to come back which I'm grateful for.

To make a long story short, they (GM) called back today telling me I had a new "return to work date." Several weeks ago I made up my mind that I was not going back due to the uncertainty in the auto market and lets face it...I need a check every week just like everybody else.

I'm hoping my account here can stay active because I'd like to be a contributing member of a GM forum and this certainly beats the alternative.

-Josh

Hey, cool, welcome (back?) Whachu driving?

Still the Tin Indian Kappa I hope.

Wow I'm glad that many of you here are still inclined to ask.

My dad actually took a buy-out at the plant I was working at and the pay-out just came through last Friday. He's pleased to say the least. He worked for 32 years. I did his work for 2 weeks and truth be told......It's not nearly as easy as others would like you to believe it is.

I"m still driving my 2006 Solstice.

My mom just recently traded in her 2005 Envoy for a 2009 Pontiac G5. She's even worried about gas and I did my best to keep it in the Pontiac/GMC la familia.....

I'm just glad to be in familiar territory and hope that I can contribute as a poster for quite awhile to come.

Wow I'm glad that many of you here are still inclined to ask.

My dad actually took a buy-out at the plant I was working at and the pay-out just came through last Friday. He's pleased to say the least. He worked for 32 years. I did his work for 2 weeks and truth be told......It's not nearly as easy as others would like you to believe it is.

I"m still driving my 2006 Solstice.

My mom just recently traded in her 2005 Envoy for a 2009 Pontiac G5. She's even worried about gas and I did my best to keep it in the Pontiac/GMC la familia.....

I'm just glad to be in familiar territory and hope that I can contribute as a poster for quite awhile to come.

Good to hear your dad is doing well. My dad plans to stick it out for a few more years.... :yes:

A change around would be good.... :smilewide:

Hey Josh, glad to hear you're doing well. Too bad to hear about Livonia, but this economy has been brutal to a lot of good, hardworking people. I hope your mother enjoys her new G5; IMO those are really sharp-looking cars.

Hope you stick around.

A change around would be good.... :smilewide:

Glad to hear your dad plans to stick it out for a few more. The old man was in a closing plant and saw this as the last time a buy-out would be offered so he took it and hasn't looked back since. He does more around the house to help out my mom so that's always a plus and a good thing.

What did you mean by "a change around would be good???"

Glad to hear your dad plans to stick it out for a few more. The old man was in a closing plant and saw this as the last time a buy-out would be offered so he took it and hasn't looked back since. He does more around the house to help out my mom so that's always a plus and a good thing.

What did you mean by "a change around would be good???"

I wanted to say "around here"....but I think I lost my brain this weekend..... :P (rough weekend)

Don't worry...I like when we get new people...and our "old" members back too...shakes up the views a bit. :yes:

I feel for my mom when my dad retires....should be interesting.... :lol:

Anyways, good to see you back man.....

I wanted to say "around here"....but I think I lost my brain this weekend..... :P (rough weekend)

Anyways, good to see you back man.....

I thought that's what you may have meant but I wasn't too sure and didn't want to jump to conclusions.

C&G still has a place in "me" if you will and I feel like there's unfinished business but as they say "business is business." This site is a great web-site and one that has a ton of potential and a great membership base around it. The community feel here is great and can't be match elsewhere.

I'm not here for any other motives than to enjoy a great GM community forum with people that I've grown to know, at least on the Internet and hope to ease back in to the community.

Hey,

I was curious as to what had happened with you. I read your 'Day in the Life...Day 1' but never saw a subsequent entry.

Hope all goes well for you.

Just busy with work at T-Mobile and school. Time is a rarity it seems these days. I may do more of them because it was really interesting to see how things went down in a GM/UAW plant. One thing is for certain. Safety is #1 and quality is a close second as I'm sure you can imagine.

One minute though they are preaching quality and telling folks to "stop the line" if they notice something going down the line that's wrong, has a bad part or whatever reason the line needs to be stopped.

But when the line is stopped....they all rush over and say they can't have that. Well which way do you want it? Do you want a quality product no matter the amount of times the line needs stopping or do you want the line to continually run?

Just busy with work at T-Mobile and school. Time is a rarity it seems these days. I may do more of them because it was really interesting to see how things went down in a GM/UAW plant. One thing is for certain. Safety is #1 and quality is a close second as I'm sure you can imagine.

One minute though they are preaching quality and telling folks to "stop the line" if they notice something going down the line that's wrong, has a bad part or whatever reason the line needs to be stopped.

But when the line is stopped....they all rush over and say they can't have that. Well which way do you want it? Do you want a quality product no matter the amount of times the line needs stopping or do you want the line to continually run?

Sadly, they somehow expect that too..

It's crazy......

• 4 weeks later...

I'm very sorry to hear that your Solstice hasn't gotten you any play. It's all over Edmunds :o

The "will it get me laid" question seemed to strike a nerve, at least with commenters on GM FastLane. "My Solstice never has gotten me laid, but you're willing to bet the Volt will?" asked Josh E. Oliver.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=132008

*raises eyebrow*

How'd the heck I miss THIS one?

Well...that will happen when you're gone for a month and don't read EVERY thread ;).

WELCOME back, Josh. I was just up in MI in early August:

http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/200808/002...lunch2_jpg.html

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Seems like it's been forever that you've been gone" ... Fort Minor ... 'Where'd You Go?'