Shortest and longest...

Which vehicle have you owned the shortest amount of time?

And...which vehicle have you owned the longest?

Shortest amount of time for me:

1997 Corsica/malibu ... just a bit over 2 years (1997-1999)

Longest amount of time for me:

1979 Monte Carlo Landau ... owned since 1992

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Tell them we're survivors" ... Rascal Flatts ... 'Life Is A Highway'

I once purchased a Jensen-Healey in order to sell it to my old boss...owned it for 7 days.

My Suzuki Swift GT has been mine since I purchased it new in March 1992, but I still own the MG Midget I purchased in July 1987.

Edited by Hudson

Shortest - 1995 Chrysler Cirrus - owned 14 months. It broke down multiple times and spent more time at the dealership, as in several months, than it did in my driveway.

Longest - current car - 2003 Buick Park Avenue Ultra - I've never kept a car for 5 years before. I'm shocked I have this time... feels good though.

I bought a new GMC pickup on a Friday, went on a road trip for the weekend, drove by a dealership with a new Corvette sitting there, just a few miles on it. I stopped in, and within an hour I had traded my new GMC on a Corvette. So I think I had the GMC a couple days.

The longest I had a car, owned it alongside many other vehicles was an Olds Cutlass, had that thing for about 18 years, never needed any major work. Probably the most reliable car I've ever owned.

Well this is going to be an embarrassing confession, but here goes -

In 2001, I traded in my 1999 Pontiac Bonneville SSEI for a Yellow Pontiac Aztek, not only did I trade the Bonneville in, but at the time I ordered the Yellow Aztek (yes I did an Employee Order Option 1). Azteks were on hold by GM and the Yellow paint was restricted, this was during Easter 2001. My dearler called the Saturday before Easter, and told me the news about the Azteks being on hold and the paint. So I decided, I was not going to wait. I logged into the GM Vehicle Ordering System and released my order number and took the yellow paint code off hold for just my Aztek only. Needless to say, my Aztek was produced and shipped the very next week to the dealer, I also gave my Aztek the highest priority to the rail-line for shipping. My dealer called the Tuesday after Easter saying GM had just confirmed that the order was produced and should be here in two weeks, he didn't know I changed that too. So in one week my Aztek was produced, shipped and received at the dealership. (My dealer still tells his employees about that).

At 1st it was cool to see people pointing at the Aztek and saying oh look an Aztek, one driver almost ran off I-64 outside Richmond Virginia when he saw it. But then I noticed people would point at it and laugh, it was time to get rid of it, so 6 months later I traded it in for a New 2002 Grand Prix GT. It remained at my dealership for 5 years, they used it as a loaner for people in for repairs.

So 2001 Pontiac Aztek was my shortest vehicle I owned, 6 months total.

1969 Pontiac Custom-S I've had the longest (25 years), had it since I was 14, could not drive it for 2 years, it was the longest 2 years of my life. This car and I are the same age, and I still love it after all this time.

Well this is going to be an embarrassing confession, but here goes -

In 2001, I traded in my 1999 Pontiac Bonneville SSEI for a Yellow Pontiac Aztek, not only did I trade the Bonneville in, but at the time I ordered the Yellow Aztek (yes I did an Employee Order Option 1). Azteks were on hold by GM and the Yellow paint was restricted, this was during Easter 2001. My dearler called the Saturday before Easter, and told me the news about the Azteks being on hold and the paint. So I decided, I was not going to wait. I logged into the GM Vehicle Ordering System and released my order number and took the yellow paint code off hold for just my Aztek only. Needless to say, my Aztek was produced and shipped the very next week to the dealer, I also gave my Aztek the highest priority to the rail-line for shipping. My dealer called the Tuesday after Easter saying GM had just confirmed that the order was produced and should be here in two weeks, he didn't know I changed that too. So in one week my Aztek was produced, shipped and received at the dealership. (My dealer still tells his employees about that).

At 1st it was cool to see people pointing at the Aztek and saying oh look an Aztek, one driver almost ran off I-64 outside Richmond Virginia when he saw it. But then I noticed people would point at it and laugh, it was time to get rid of it, so 6 months later I traded it in for a New 2002 Grand Prix GT. It remained at my dealership for 5 years, they used it as a loaner for people in for repairs.

So 2001 Pontiac Aztek was my shortest vehicle I owned, 6 months total.

1969 Pontiac Custom-S I've had the longest (25 years), had it since I was 14, could not drive it for 2 years, it was the longest 2 years of my life. This car and I are the same age, and I still love it after all this time.

Now that is pretty cool. I had a co worker who got one of the first Azteks...he loved that car. But he only had it for a few months...sombody broke into it, took it for a joyride and crash it into a tree.....

He never another one....until this year.

He picked up a 2002 with 48k for 3200 as a extra car....He drives it more than his current car now....

Shortest, my grandfather's '96 Taurus. I inherited the car after he passed in October 2002, but I had been using in since probably that September. So Sept '02 till about March '03. I put 4K miles on it in that time and it needed a transmission so I traded it with my father for my dad's '85 Chrysler 5th Avenue. BTW, the Taurus only had 44K miles on when it needed a tranny. My grandfather bought it brand new and NEVER beat on it, nor did I for that matter.

Longest, is one of my current cars, my '79 Delta 88 Royale. I bought it in October '01.

Shortest - 1995 Chrysler Cirrus - owned 14 months. It broke down multiple times and spent more time at the dealership, as in several months, than it did in my driveway.

Ouch.

Shortest: 1986 Monte Carlo SS, traded after 3 months for my '87 El Camino SS

I remember you telling us that story.... Shoulda kept that MC ;). he he

And, PCS...can't imagine you buying an Aztek....

Completing my family of cars...

1972 Monte Carlo ... owned since 2002

1976 Monte Carlo Landau ... owned since 1998

1981 Monte Carlo SC ... owned since 1999

1987 Monte Carlo LS ... owned since 2003

00 LS ... owned almost 4 years (1999-2003)

LONGEST- I've owned my 1940 Plymouth Coupe since the early 80's.

SHORTEST- I have had TWO cars I've owned a REALLLLLLY short amount of time.

A 1973 Mazda RX3 wagon that was mint- I got the car for free and was driving it home on my car hauler when my buddy pulled beside us at the lights and told me he just totalled his car, he needed wheels.

I pulled over and dropped the car, charged him $100 for a mint rotary wagon. LOL

A 1966 Hemi Belvedere minus engine/trans (see other threads for pics) that I loaded on a different car hauler I owned, made it a few blocks before people (I knew) were pulling me over with offers, and I ended up giving the car to my best friend for FREE. I figured I would tub the car or butcher it, and the car had a chance surviving with my buddy.

Both cars I owned for less than an hour.

Do you have a thing for 1981 GM cars?

It is pure coinsidense that I owned 2 1981 B-bodies in my time. I loved both of them though. Remember 1981 was mostly the start of the engine computer age to a large degree.