Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Camino LS6

I'm close to a decision

51 posts in this topic

I have been so disgusted by the garbage coming from both major parties (even here in our own political threads), that I believe that I will most likely return to my long-established pattern of voting Libertarian this year.

Last time I voted for Kerry (whom I don't like) just because I felt that "W" was such a rotten SOB that we needed to be rid of him at all costs - it was the only time that I have ever voted major party.

I just feel that all rationality has evaporated in the shrill partisan bleatings from the dems and the repubs, which leaves me hating the idea of endorsing either with my vote.

Not yet an absolute decision, but very,very, close.

I have been so disgusted by the garbage coming from both major parties (even here in our own political threads), that I believe that I will most likely return to my long-established pattern of voting Libertarian this year.

Last time I voted for Kerry (whom I don't like) just because I felt that "W" was such a rotten SOB that we needed to be rid of him at all costs - it was the only time that I have ever voted major party.

I just feel that all rationality has evaporated in the shrill partisan bleatings from the dems and the repubs, which leaves me hating the idea of endorsing either with my vote.

Not yet an absolute decision, but very,very, close.

Well voting Libertarian is like placing your vote in the toilet and flushing it out to sea. But it's yours to flush, I suppose.

Well voting Libertarian is like placing your vote in the toilet and flushing it out to sea. But it's yours to flush, I suppose.

So is voting republican in a state that is for sure going to be democratic, or vice versa. At the very least, it's better than not voting at all, even if it has the same effect.

So is voting republican in a state that is for sure going to be democratic, or vice versa. At the very least, it's better than not voting at all, even if it has the same effect.

As I said, it's his to flush. :unitedstates:

Thats one thing I like about living in a swing state, my vote matters.

write in mickey mouse.

Unless Micky Mouse has filed the proper paperwork in every state, votes for him wont be counted, so it would be the same as voting for Nader.

The level of political polarization has been increasing tremendously over the past 20 years. I'm amazed that we don't yet have a significant 3rd party to address the vast middle of America that is more fiscally conservative but also more socially liberal. Part of the problem is that the candidates the other parties end up with tend to be borderline wacko. That's not always true, but I think it is more often than not.

The political system has also been rigged to favor both the republican and democtratic parties and that makes it very difficult for a 3rd party to grow. That and the fact the the vast majority of people don't seem to realize that they are allowed to abandon the established parites and actually vote for a different party.

I used to be pretty involved in politics, but the more I saw the more I realized that I wasn't cut out for it. I truly think that both major parties are more concerned with winning than with what is good for the country and until the majority of voters also realize this, nothing is going to change.

Anywho, on a serious note, Obama is getting close to being the opposite of what libertarians stand for.

McCain is no where near the ideals that libertarians (myself included) would like, but its a hell of a lot closer than Obama is. Given how close this race is... the final decision is yours.

I agree with the Toyopet Camry driver,that scares me... :blink: Teh Riecr Civci is right.

Obama vs. McCain Matching Scores

1. John McCain

77.30% match on issues.

2. Barack Obama

70.28% match on issues.

i'm thinking more and more voting constitution party. prolly voting for a lib for governor here.

pro/con in my sig is a great resource for info too.

Obama vs. McCain Matching Scores

1. Barack Obama

94.90% match on issues.

2. John McCain

66.44% match on issues.

i just noticed there was a link...

McCain 95%

Obama 68%

and 68, this isnt even my car in my sig. Appearently a couple of years ago i thought this would be a funny sig and i never changed it. ^_^

Edited by Teh Ricer Civic!

Well I took the test and agree with McCain 98.6 percent of the time.

Going to be a lot of crow eating come November. By the way gm4life, how do you like your crow cooked? :smilewide:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room