Well, I Did It.

Cory Wolfe

I finally took my GED test.

I'm still awaiting official results, however, I heard that I passed with flying colors. I must say, I was shocked at how easy the test was. I went into it, having not studied beyond taking one practice test, expecting to fail. The first section, taking both Mathematics and Writing/Grammar wasn't hard in the least. For math, it was basics. For grammar, it was common sense. For writing, it was knowing how to write, which is clearly not that hard, unless we're talking about someone who has divulged themselves in rap and instant messaging slang. The second section, consisting of Science, Social Studies, and Reading, wasn't quite as easy, but still more so than I expected. For the former two, they pretty much supplied the answers in the questions and you just had to read into everything correctly. Not much of it really required knowledge of the subject. The S.S. part threw me for a few whirls, though, in that I couldn't always find a clear answer. Reading, well, anyone with basic reading comprehension could pass.

Overall, as I've said, it was much easier than expected. I still figured I would have failed atleast one part. I'm glad to get it over and done with. I'll know my official scores within a week or two, I'd say

Good job, now do something with yourself.

How's the H20 cooled, wrong drive KdF been for ya?

Edited by Sixty8panther

Thanks, everyone.

I put it off for a good two years. I figured it would have been more work than it was. I'm sort of kicking myself right now with the thoughts "That's all it took?!" Crazy.

Cool, now it's time to go to college!

Hopefully, anyways. I just need to decide what I actually want to go for. :D

Good job, now do something with yourself.

How's the H20 cooled, wrong drive KdF been for ya?

It's still doing well, 6k miles later. I've been fixing little bits and pieces here and there, mainly interior pieces that were missing when I bought it. I also installed my Clarion receiver into it (This makes the third car it's been in, since 2004... I'd say it was a good purchase despite being $300). The only real problems I've had are little electrical glitches that come and go and those are just annoyances, more or less. Oh... and a friend of mine screwed up my sunroof, haha. I believe it's just off the track, but I haven't had time to tear down the headliner and look at it. Damn friends. :P

Congrats guy! Good to see you back on the board too!

Thanks. It's sort of odd not feeling the compulsion to visit C&G on a daily basis anymore. C&G doesn't seem to call out to me anymore. I'm not sure why. I guess, in some respects, I've been busy with life to think about this ol' place. If any of you guys ever needed to reach me, though, I'm on AIM 3 or 4 days a week, when possible. My screen name is the same one you all know and love. *nods*

Edited by blackviper8891

Hopefully, anyways. I just need to decide what I actually want to go for. :D

Eh, that's secondary. I started college back in 1995 thinking I was going to go for architecture. Now I'm an Italian teacher.

Just get yourself in the door--you'll start taking a variety of classes and some things will just call out to you! :)

Modern Vee Dubs with high mileage always have an electrical glitch or two.

So long as it's been reliable.... that's the important part. Turn key, drive

under power of internal combustion, stop using the middle pedal. :spin:

So what's up with the poor G-body Rocket Supreme?

Well, to my surprise, my scores came in the mail today along with the official diploma. I suppose I'll post them.

Subject - Score - Percentile Rank for U.S.

Language Arts/Writing - 630 - 90%

Social Studies - 640 - 92%

Science - 660 - 95%

Language Arts/Reading - 720 - 99%

Mathematics - 620 - 88%

Total - Average Score

3280 - 656

I'm not sure what the scores were out of, but the minimum for each was 410, with an average of 450 and total of atleast 2250.

Modern Vee Dubs with high mileage always have an electrical glitch or two.

So long as it's been reliable.... that's the important part. Turn key, drive

under power of internal combustion, stop using the middle pedal. :spin:

So what's up with the poor G-body Rocket Supreme?

It's only got 74k :P

The Beast still resides in our yard, sitting for sale. We're down to $500 for a selling price. No one seems to want it. My Dad is about ready to sell it for scrap.