Oracle of Delphi

Back Home In The USA One Day And ...

115 posts in this topic

Stopped by a Delaware State Police Sobriety/Safety Check! How I've missed the Patriot Act!

Living in the European Union I've forgotten what a police state the USA has become.

State Police - I'm officer blah blah blah, we are conducting a sobriety/safety check!

Me - Ohh?

State Police - Yes, have you had anything to drink tonight?

Me - Yes.

State Police - What were you drinking?

Me - Water.

State Police - Looks to see if I have my seat belt on and then asked, Where did you just come from Sir?

Me - How is that question related to a sobriety/safety check?

State Police - Face gets bright red. Then asks Where are you going to Sir?

Me - Again, How are these questions related to your Sobriety/Safety check? I think you're violating a whole slue of my Constitutional rights by asking these questions.

State Police - Face beat red now, pull over we will need to run your tag and check for warrants, have your license and registration ready.

Now I could have taken the easy road and just answered their questions, but it's the principle of these Gestapo like questions that got to me, it reminded me of how the Gestapo would always ask German citizens for their "Papers Please!".

In the end they had to let me go, no warrants, no points, no violations of any kind, I smirked at them as I drove off. They only threw Safety Check on their Gestapo check so the Delaware State Legislature would vote for it.

Land of the Free MY ASS!

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

Two Maryland state troopers pulled a lady in an N-body Malibu over at the toll plaza before the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, and they were giving her a sobriety check. I pulled into the toll booth next to hers, and saw that she was failing the test pretty badly. They're out there for a reason, don't take it personally.

Myself, I didn't see a police car the entire drive through Sussex County. It's like the police presence disappeared once I crossed into Delaware.

I've always wondered what a cop would say if a driver were to refuse to turn over their license at a traffic stop by attempting to invoke the 5th amendment.

you didnt offer the officer a swig from the flask? wherer's my opel blitz

Edited by regfootball

Two Maryland state troopers pulled a lady in an N-body Malibu over at the toll plaza before the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, and they were giving her a sobriety check. I pulled into the toll booth next to hers, and saw that she was failing the test pretty badly. They're out there for a reason, don't take it personally.

Myself, I didn't see a police car the entire drive through Sussex County. It's like the police presence disappeared once I crossed into Delaware.

That's because all the Delaware State police are up here in New Castle County harassing me!

Next time I get stopped I will only speak German, lets see how they handle that! :AH-HA_wink:

What irritates me is I live in a small suburb thats mostly owned by one family and when they or their kids get pulled over for drunk driving or speeding, the cops panic when they realize who they pulled over and can't get the hell out of there fast enough. The one thing I can say is they are pretty good about not throwing the book at our teenagers, they just call us to come get them usually.

What irritates me is I live in a small suburb thats mostly owned by one family and when they or their kids get pulled over for drunk driving or speeding, the cops panic when they realize who they pulled over and can't get the hell out of there fast enough. The one thing I can say is they are pretty good about not throwing the book at our teenagers, they just call us to come get them usually.

But my mom lives in Texas! :smilewide:

Perhaps, just perhaps... they have learned from doing these checkpoints for -oh, decades- that "yes" and "water" are not quite enough to 1. accurately gauge the truth of the answers, and 2. accurately gauge the possible drunkenness of the respondant.

Perhaps you'd consent to a roadside lie detector test, should only take 30-40 minutes, so you won't have to tell them you just had the combo special at the CrackWhoreHouse Emporium....

Just so you can "feel free", some $h!head gets to mow thru someone's living room picture window in his 5300 lb BMW SUV and kill a family of 5 because all you would have them say is 'Have you been drinking?" and "Have a nice night".... because it's all about... you... and your fweelings...

The last time I was unable to talk my way out of a ticket, I met my now fiancee in court, so sometimes cool $h! happens. Other times its a huge pain. When I was 16 (seems like so long ago) I was driving my Dakota with the windows down. The Tom Petty classic Free Fallin was on the radio, so I cranked it and started singing along. I cant sing for $h!, I sounded quite bad. I ended up being pulled over by a cop who thought I was drunk. Fun times.

That's because all the Delaware State police are up here in New Castle County harassing me!

Next time I get stopped I will only speak German, lets see how they handle that! :AH-HA_wink:

Watch it, they might send you to Git'mo!

:P

The last time I was unable to talk my way out of a ticket, I met my now fiancee in court, so sometimes cool $h! happens. Other times its a huge pain. When I was 16 (seems like so long ago) I was driving my Dakota with the windows down. The Tom Petty classic Free Fallin was on the radio, so I cranked it and started singing along. I cant sing for $h!, I sounded quite bad. I ended up being pulled over by a cop who thought I was drunk. Fun times.

but RUNNIN DOWN A DREAM is a better air guitar tune

I play steering wheel drums and I suck!! LOL Drive with my knee and rock out!! :metal:

You are lucky to have gotten away like that...in many parts of the country, backtalk like that would have resulted in an arrest or a beating w/ their batons, tasering or worse...

I'm sure many police cops are honest and legit, but many are armed sociopaths.

Edited by moltar

ROCK OUT WITH YOUR COCK OUT!!!

Well I would but um....I don't have one anymore, it moved out. LMAO!!!!!

I'm glad you agree with me. :neenerneener:

Oh good; glad we've established this is another rant about absolutely nothing other than obtuse behavior & the opportunity to slam an entire country over a 1-minute exchange between 2 indivudals.

Oh good; glad we've established this is another rant about absolutely nothing other than obtuse behavior & the opportunity to slam an entire country over a 1-minute exchange between 2 indivudals.

Not to worry, I have a feeling the Patriot Act is about to go through a highly needed revision, come January 20th. :AH-HA_wink:

>>"Not to worry, I have a feeling the Patriot Act is about to go through a highly needed revision, come January 20th. "<<

The only thing I see to worry about from your standpoint is your apparent belief that roadside sobriety checks have anything to do with the Patriot Act. RSCs have been around a lot longer than 2001.

>>"Not to worry, I have a feeling the Patriot Act is about to go through a highly needed revision, come January 20th. "<<

The only thing I see to worry about from your standpoint is your apparent belief that roadside sobriety checks have anything to do with the Patriot Act. RSCs have been around a lot longer than 2001.

Not at all, but out new governor elect is very tied to Obama, so both the Patriot Act and these (cough, Sobriety/Safety checks, cough) will be highly revised come January. It will be the police who will be limited, not the Delaware citizens.

If you knew someone who had been killed or severely injured by a drunk driver I'm sure you'd be soooo upset about having checkpoints to check to make sure no one has had too much to drink :rolleyes:

Maybe you shouldn't act like such a pompous ass all the time and as if you're somehow above the law that everyone else abides by... you know what the officer meant when he asked if you had had anything to drink, no need to be a smart ass and say you'd been drinking water.

Perhaps your attitude is shared around GM and that's why GM is now in such bad shape. I wonder how many GM employee's go around with an "I'm better than everyone else" attitude, when in fact they aren't and just make themselves look like pricks.

If you knew someone who had been killed or severely injured by a drunk driver I'm sure you'd be soooo upset about having checkpoints to check to make sure no one has had too much to drink :rolleyes:

Maybe you shouldn't act like such a pompous ass all the time and as if you're somehow above the law that everyone else abides by... you know what the officer meant when he asked if you had had anything to drink, no need to be a smart ass and say you'd been drinking water.

Perhaps your attitude is shared around GM and that's why GM is now in such bad shape. I wonder how many GM employee's go around with an "I'm better than everyone else" attitude, when in fact they aren't and just make themselves look like pricks.

Right my little road stop brought down GM! :rolleyes:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead