Name that rustbucket

You may have nailed it.

Ya, I think so..definitely not a '65-68 Chevy rear bumper shape, or '65-66 Pontiac rear bumper shape. I believe '67 was the last year for the Catalina 2dr sedan. I'm pretty Buick and Olds quit their B-body 2dr sedans after '61 or '62.

I don't recall ever seeing a '67 Catalina 2dr sedan in real life or a magazine..pretty obscure body style.

Wonder how long before it's on craigslist for $6500 because it's a RARE CLASSIC ANTIQUE BIG BLOCK MUSCLE CAR. Not many left around! They don't make them like this anymore! When was the last time YOU saw one?! A similar model (numbers matching 1970 GTO Judge Ram Air 4-speed convertible with factory air, but who's counting, right? They're both two-door Pontiacs so it's like the exact same thing!) just went for $550,000 at Barrett-Jackson.

Wonder how long before it's on craigslist for $6500 because it's a RARE CLASSIC ANTIQUE BIG BLOCK MUSCLE CAR. Not many left around! They don't make them like this anymore! When was the last time YOU saw one?! A similar model (numbers matching 1970 GTO Judge Ram Air 4-speed convertible with factory air, but who's counting, right? They're both two-door Pontiacs so it's like the exact same thing!) just went for $550,000 at Barrett-Jackson.

:lol:

I do wonder if Pontiac built any '67 Catalina 2dr sedans w/ the 421, or a '68 w/ the 428. Kind of like the Chevy Biscayne 2dr sedans w/ the 427s.

If they didn't it would be a nice "phantom"

Chris

I knew it immediately, so reading everyone's guesses up until moltar's was fun for me. You guys did a good process-of-elimination. He's correct; it's a '67 Catalina 2-dr sedan.

'68 was actually the last year for the 25211 bodystyle- they were ususally under 10K units. I owned a '65 for a short while, and have seen at least 1 of each '61-68. There was a '68 20 minutes from me about 5 years ago, but I believe it sold (they have barns tho.....) Meh- '68 is too new for me.

I have not come across a 421/428 2-dr sedan, but I'll bet a few were built. Pontiac seldom ever did any powertrain/model/bodystyle restrictions; I can guarantee it was possible.

but but....

it's 1 of 5633 built

Ya...for some reason, I've always liked the genre of '60s 2dr sedans with base trim, big engine, dog dish hubcaps on steel wheels..

Another car I could just kill myself for not buying. A REAL 409, 1 OWNER! Car that was available locally a few years ago, about 20,000 original miles, still had all of the original paint, etc.

They wanted 14 grand for it...it was a base car, dig dish hubcaps, 2 door post Biscayne. Blue on Blue. Should have bought it...would love to know what happened to it.

But it would be cooler as a Pontiac.

Chris

I have always appreciated the hell out of Pontiac's Super Duty cars, meanwhile cursing the 'racing ban' of '63 that prevented my favorite year, '64, from seeing the SD treatment. Still & all, it would be triple sweet to own a '64 Cat 2-dr sedan on steelies with a 421 underhood.

Here's a hardtop - love those 'krinkle-cut' fenders. I've owned 3 '64s- just love 'em.

64-2337.jpg

Edited by balthazar

A '66 25211 w/ 421 badges, but the copy stated it's a 389/auto car. Still, it has the 'look' :

That is sweet...I plan to do my MCW resin 1:25th scale model similar to that when I get around to building it eventually... here's a pic of a built one:

66pontcat2dr.jpg

Pacific Slate Metallic is my favorite GM color for 2009; it is very similar in shade to the Stealth Gray (Pontiac, GMC)/Blue-Granite (Chevrolet) that's been offered since 2004 or 2005. Here's a close-up of the hood of a G8 in PSM:

DSCN7694.jpg

If my finances improve enough AND I don't lose my job next June, I could see this being parked in my driveway:

DSCN7688.jpg

(although I'd really love to have the Sport Performance Package option with the better-looking 19" rims; too bad they only come with "summer-only" tires)

It would look kind of upscale, I think.

Off topic, but I think Chevrolet did a MUCH better job with the color choices on the Camaro than Ford has done with the current Mustang.

Chris