Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gmpartsgirl

Finally, Cutlass Pics

45 posts in this topic

And lastly, a few from when we gave it to him, unfortunaely because the ex was coming I had had a few monster and vodkas and was a little shaky so the pics suck, but nevertheless here they are...

039-1.jpg

040-1.jpg

041-1.jpg

042-1.jpg

043-1.jpg

Edited by gmpartsgirl

Yeah, '87 one owner. It's tough giving it to the kid for xmas, but I couldn't not buy it and he is crazy in love with it. Some of the pics aren't coming up on my end, think photobuckets giving me fits. :(

Yeah, now he knows. I know I'm putting the car at risk with a teenage boy, but now he knows true car love, madness, obsession. What a REAL car is all about. The beauty that GM is capable of. I will make an Olds fanatic out of him yet. My first car was an '84 Brougham, as clean as this one. I'm living vicariously through him.

Now thats a sexy Cutty, very nice indeed, best of luck with it.

cars010.jpg

cars012.jpg

cars014.jpg

Wow, what a beautiful car! The departure of a plush cloth burgundy interior (which I have in my Regal and COULDN'T get in the LaCrosse) is the sad closing of another chapter in American automotive history.

I love your car. I didn't much care for the 78-80 Cutlass Supremes, but the 81-88(RWD Classic) series came back with a vengeance. The sloped back grilles and thinner, more Eldorado-ish taillamps made a difference. My favorites within that series are the 1982, 1984 (which I had) and the 1987, mostly because those years had the best grilles.

What I would like is a 1982 Supreme Brougham coupe - Light Jadestone Metallic / white top / jadestone cloth interior - 260 V8 - rally wheels - and low miles. I think that's asking for too much.

Gorgeous. That's one of my all-time favorite cars. Lucky kid.

Very sweet car... is that a hole in the air cleaner housing. or a label? I cannot quite tell. If it's a hole, I'll bet that ol' Quadrajet makes her moan like crazy under throttle. Edited by ocnblu

My ex flipped the lid over on the air cleaner so he could hear the four barrel. LOL It's a great car, thanks for all the compliments, it was a hell of a find. He's in love and so am I.

Shoot, now I see it, yes, the lid is flipped over, DUH. That's a time-honored tradition. My cousin and I used to do that on my uncle's bronze '74 Grand Ville 2 door hardtop with a 455, so we could make 'er moan while cruising through town. I wasn't old enough to drive, of course, but he'd just thrash that ol' Pontiac when he wanted someone to hear those four throats sucking air.

You can have an '84 parts car. *nods* :P

LOL still trying to get me to buy that car. Notice how I finally got one once I got his dumb ass out of the way? LOL

WOW!!!!! He is one lucky kid, for sure!

VERY nice Cutlass ... love that 2-tone paint, too. :)

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...RT 66 drive = Sept '09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Another year comes to a close" ... Sylvia ... 'Reflections'

VERY NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. AS nice as the 2 B-bodies I have. Better than the Pontiac in a lot of ways. I hope the kid realizes what he has. At least you dont have winter salt to ruin them if you drive them. Neither of mine have moves in weeks due to the snow. Even a sunroof which it seems you dont see very often. And the Interstate battery!!! I dont think I have enough of a thread to be able to turn my air cleaner cover over and be able to bolt it down. How many miles are on it? And does everything seem to run well?

VERY NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. AS nice as the 2 B-bodies I have. Better than the Pontiac in a lot of ways. I hope the kid realizes what he has. At least you dont have winter salt to ruin them if you drive them. Neither of mine have moves in weeks due to the snow. Even a sunroof which it seems you dont see very often. And the Interstate battery!!! I dont think I have enough of a thread to be able to turn my air cleaner cover over and be able to bolt it down. How many miles are on it? And does everything seem to run well?

The sunroof is really rare, and it doesn't leak, but I told him to please not use it, just let it be. And yeah no salt, Oklahoma cars are the best, no rust anywhere. It has 109,000 miles on it. So the old lady put about 5k a year on. I was glad that it was 100k and not 40k, so it isn't all dry rotted and everything works. Its ALL still there, no check engine lights, purrs like a kitten. It is running a little rich, I need to get the carb adjusted, other than that its great. I did cut off the factory cat because it was clogged and put a turbo muffler on it for him so it would make a little noise for him. I think he realizes the magnitude of what this car is, I've discussed it with him and he's crazy in love with it. Of course it further intensified his desire to be a mechanic like his father which I don't want, other than as a hobby, not a living. This car is never going anywhere, if he ever decides he wants something else, I'll but it from him. I've had to give up all my babies for one reason or another, but this one is forever.

Both mine have new catalytic converters too. When my Grandmother had the Bonneville it plugged up on her. Dad was just changing the Caprice as a maintenence thing. It doesnt seem like at least in my expeirience that check engines are much of a problem with these. The Bonneville will light once in the GREAT while if it is a mid idle but its rare. And you are right, mine too are for miles 117,00 for the Bonneville and 119,000 for the Caprice. Like you said enough use that they arent dryroted and that most of the things that go on these have been replaced. So they are good for a while again. Havent had to do anything with the carburetor with the Caprice, I think I can count on one had the times it ever stalled. The Bonneville is another story. Took 2 places and myself to get it rebuilt and running somewhat properly. I think there is a vacuum leak on that one but I have yet to really dig into it. People keep telling me I should get rid of the Bonneville since I now have the Caprice and the new Impala. I dont want to and if I do it someday it will be my choice not people telling me I have to. Again congrates on the car and I wish the 2 of you many trouble free miles of happy motoring.

Question, it is my understanding that the mixture isnt adjustable on these computer controlled carburetors. Is that correct? I could be wrong since I am not real mechanical. I was tempted once though to see what it would have taken to convert the Bonneville to some sort of fuel injection.

Edited by 2005 EquinoxLS

Great looking Olds I would need to stick a set of factory mags on here and you would be in buisness. Who orders bucket seats, a sun-roof with wire wheels honestly? Is it a 260, 305 or what? Great car tho.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0