Time for a change

Camino, I understand your emotions and you have right to be feeling that way. As a company GM has failed you and has failed many an enthusiast over these 4 years.

GM has great plans, but it is implementation which is going haywire. I think it is time not only for enthusiasts like you to show GM that you are serious when it comes to not having cars you have desired but also you can very well snub them for what you have not got. Somehow people in Renaissance center keep constantly forgetting that it is not about them it is about customers. The key to success is to feed the customers while creating your own identity. GM is not only creating its own identity by following imports in their game, but also loosing their own valuable customers.

Like Warren Buffet says cater your main customers first, the rest will come. GM seems to forget that strategy. By disowning their loyal customers they are shooting a goose which lays golden eggs. I have always mentioned that it pains me that GM does not offer manual transmissions in mid-sizers, or high output V8 in their single cab 1500 trucks, or navigation in their vehicles. These numbers may be small, but if you start counting them they add up big time. I think by looking too optimistically to the bigger picture, GM is forgetting the smaller components of the bigger picture which greatly help to make that picture a reality.

I have doubts about GM more than ever. They need some renaissance in the Renaissance center. Freedom from bean counters, pencil pushers, negative nannies, seat huggers and boot lickers is essential in that building.

Great post, SC.

But as much as I agree with you, this thread is about so much more than all of that.

For instance, I intend to resign from the staff of C&G.

For another, I'm all but sure that I'll be folding up my business for the last time pretty soon.

I've just reached the end of my tolerance for tilting at windmills.

See; in a way you are more like GM than you think: sounds like 'everything is on the table'.

Good luck in working thru your reevaluation. Even if no big change comes about, this is always a good occasional practice.

One bit of advice: if it starts looking like a move to Jersey is a possibility; start over !!

See; in a way you are more like GM than you think: sounds like 'everything is on the table'.

Good luck in working thru your reevaluation. Even if no big change comes about, this is always a good occasional practice.

One bit of advice: if it starts looking like a move to Jersey is a possibility; start over !!

Thanks.

And no, Jersey is not an option. :AH-HA_wink:

Great post, SC.

But as much as I agree with you, this thread is about so much more than all of that.

For instance, I intend to resign from the staff of C&G.

For another, I'm all but sure that I'll be folding up my business for the last time pretty soon.

I've just reached the end of my tolerance for tilting at windmills.

Camino, you have given some good advices to me over the past. I would like to give you my thoughts on this one. Your emotions are currently high, and like I said you have right to be pissed off at GM, but reconsider your ideas about C&G, your mod power has kept some sanity in here. Also give your self a trip and time off from everything. Just take your mother truck, or father wagon and go somewhere where nobody knows you. Rekindle your life and come back rejuvenated.

It is reacting which is killing America, and I think time has come for Americans to be proactive again, and your tilting windmills quote is a better example.

Edited by smallchevy

There's alot more to it than my choice of vehicle, I've had it with the status quo in so many things.

I have some thinking to do.

The key to the ONLY answer that this country

will have to the millions of unanswered

questions & unaddressed disasters all comes

down to a need to "SHUTDOWN & REBOOT" the

country.... look at the bottom of my sig. :wink:

Thanks guys.

Like I said, I have some thinking to do.

I wouldn't abandon C&G, but I think it is time for some new blood on the staff.

Frankly, I'm pretty useless as an admin in the technical sense and the frustrations of not being able to fix things when they go wrong (or get old) has been wearing on me for a long time.

I can't give C&G what it needs when it needs it, and I feel lousy about that.

As 68 said, I need to re-boot.

Camino, I understand your emotions and you have right to be feeling that way. As a company GM has failed you and has failed many an enthusiast over these 4 years.

GM has great plans, but it is implementation which is going haywire. I think it is time not only for enthusiasts like you to show GM that you are serious when it comes to not having cars you have desired but also you can very well snub them for what you have not got. Somehow people in Renaissance center keep constantly forgetting that it is not about them it is about customers. The key to success is to feed the customers while creating your own identity. GM is not only creating its own identity by following imports in their game, but also loosing their own valuable customers.

Like Warren Buffet says cater your main customers first, the rest will come. GM seems to forget that strategy. By disowning their loyal customers they are shooting a goose which lays golden eggs. I have always mentioned that it pains me that GM does not offer manual transmissions in mid-sizers, or high output V8 in their single cab 1500 trucks, or navigation in their vehicles. These numbers may be small, but if you start counting them they add up big time. I think by looking too optimistically to the bigger picture, GM is forgetting the smaller components of the bigger picture which greatly help to make that picture a reality.

I have doubts about GM more than ever. They need some renaissance in the Renaissance center. Freedom from bean counters, pencil pushers, negative nannies, seat huggers and boot lickers is essential in that building.

This is one of your best posts to date on this site IMHO. NICE!

Chris

Camino...If you get bored, come out to Ohio. I'll take a day off work and we can go to the Air Force Museum in Dayton.

http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/

I'll even buy lunch.

Chris

Camino...If you get bored, come out to Ohio. I'll take a day off work and we can go to the Air Force Museum in Dayton.

http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/

I'll even buy lunch.

Chris

That's a cool museum... I've been there once, about 15 years ago. My sister is working at Wright-Patt these days...

...and since I'm bored, check this out...almost worth the trip just to see this.

http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/factsheet...ia.asp?fsID=360

This is the only airplane (type) to ever have an actual nuclear reactor installed and flown on it.

Chris

Camino, you sound like you're about ready to climb a university clock tower with a trunk full of guns. Maybe it's time to drop off the face of the earth for two weeks and take a crazy road trip to clear your head.

And don't quit being a mod, either.

Buy a big compound out in the middle of nowhere and start buying and selling El Caminos

Or start building a Camry collection...one of each generation (there are only 5, going back to the '80s) and each bodystyle.. that would be cool. :)

4 wheels > 2 wheels.

2 Harleys then? :smilewide:

@ Camino - try and step back for a while, in any way you can: driving, hunting, fishing, jogging, sleeping... anything! I've had some pretty unexpected revelations on my job at the mining company roughly 3 weeks ago and I just felt disgusted at how low some people can go... I decided to use Christmas and New Year to spend quality time with family and friends before I made any serious decisions/choices.

I am seriously considering dumping most of my material possessions - they feel like a boat anchor around my neck these days.

Amen. Flexibility is the key to success - even if it means chaos sometimes. Man comes and goes without those material possessions, yet he finds liking to them in the time in between.

Might I interest you in some speed metal and a plane ticket to the mountains of NC? :D

And while we're making comparisons (RE: your departure from the staff here. None of us want to see that, but I agree that C&G needs direction as bad as GM does)

I can kinda relate too... After several years of being too scared to work for GM or Ford (Never mix passion and business, especially when the passion is doomed to failure) I have this undying urge to make a balls to the wall move to Detroit and commit to being a lifer. I mean, if I'm destined to be miserable and live a life of constant strife, it might as well be for a good reason.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

I think everybody feels like that at some point. I do at times. My job is ok but I am not getting rich at it and now our owners sold it to another company so I dont know what is going to happen in 6 months or a year. I figure 6 months is about the time the changes will start. And I dont really know if I will like them or not. I have been there 9 years and 3 months so I dont want to throw that away. Women dont seem to like me that much either, I have struggled with that since the interest came. My Dad dying last year hasnt really helped matters much. But there are the positives. My vehicles are everything I have ever hoped for. Never in my life have I thought I would own a brand new car but here I am. And to own 2 nice 1980's classics in the shape mine are in. I live in a nice brand new house my Mom and Dad built when we all found of the city was tearing down the 106 year old one we had been in for 29 years. So I guess my advice to you is try to look at the positives of things. They are there even if you really have to look to see them.