Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ocnblu

Happy Birthday Mr. Croc!

32 posts in this topic

Our very own Croc is TWENTY-THREE YEARS OLD today, is that unbelievable? When you see him, give him 23 whacks and a pinch for good luck.:)

Happy birthday, Croc!

What is this, your 4th or 5th one in the Southland?

Fifth. And I need to figure out what restaurant I'm going to. Suggestions anyone? Price is not a constraint, but don't suggest anything blatantly overpriced like Koi. I want damn good food, and I'm willing to pay for it.

Go get hammered then go to Chuck E. Cheese.

Whatever you end up doing, have a good one.

Chuck E. Cheese does not quite fit into my idea of "damn good food." But the party started last night, and so far it's fun.

I'll pass on just about any chain restaurants. I've been to both Fogo and McCormick's in Indianapolis, and was surprisingly unimpressed with both. McCormick's I will never go to again because they cannot steam crab legs (!!) without inducing vomit, and Fogo I just found to be overpriced and long on "experience" with little to offer in the way of innovative cuisine. Oh, and it was ridiculously expensive IMO for what it is.

Thanks for the suggestions, though.

My parents are staying in the South Beach area, so as far as close proximity to the Westside goes, I'm thinking maybe Gyu-Kaku (not too keen on the recent price increases and menu offering slashes), Larchmont Grill up in NoHo, Roscoe's (prefer something nicer, but it's sooooooo good), Pacific Dining Car (not sure on the dress code), Seoul Jung in the Wilshire Grand Hotel (been a lot), Gladstone's of Malibu (again, been there a lot...not as good as it used to be), or maybe something I find on Yelp! 5 minutes prior to leaving the apartment. Oh, and no Italian, even though I do like Mama D's of Manhattan Beach.

Cheesecake Factory BH and Gladstone's on PCH are almost reliable...and good.

Edited by trinacriabob

I'll pass on just about any chain restaurants. I've been to both Fogo and McCormick's in Indianapolis, and was surprisingly unimpressed with both. McCormick's I will never go to again because they cannot steam crab legs (!!) without inducing vomit, and Fogo I just found to be overpriced and long on "experience" with little to offer in the way of innovative cuisine. Oh, and it was ridiculously expensive IMO for what it is.

Thanks for the suggestions, though.

My parents are staying in the South Beach area, so as far as close proximity to the Westside goes, I'm thinking maybe Gyu-Kaku (not too keen on the recent price increases and menu offering slashes), Larchmont Grill up in NoHo, Roscoe's (prefer something nicer, but it's sooooooo good), Pacific Dining Car (not sure on the dress code), Seoul Jung in the Wilshire Grand Hotel (been a lot), Gladstone's of Malibu (again, been there a lot...not as good as it used to be), or maybe something I find on Yelp! 5 minutes prior to leaving the apartment. Oh, and no Italian, even though I do like Mama D's of Manhattan Beach.

Pacific Dining Car is BOMB!!!!! Either one in Downtown or out west. They have a website too just do a google or yahoo search.

Edited by CadillacKing3

PDC is definitely good! That's where we ended up going last night (Westlake location), and mmmmmm one of the best meals I've had! But, you get what you pay for...

Then later, one of my fraternity brothers had his 21st last night at midnight at The Edison downtown, and MAN they make those drinks strong!! But for $13 apiece they better...

Edited by Croc

Hey Croc,

Sorry I missed it, but HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY!

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...RT 66 drive = Sept '09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Walk right out into a brand new day" ... Everclear ... 'Santa Monica'

Hey Croc,

Sorry I missed it, but HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY!

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...RT 66 drive = Sept '09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Walk right out into a brand new day" ... Everclear ... 'Santa Monica'

Ditto!

Well it is in Crocistan, a little-known city-state in Eastern Europe.

Well it is in Crocistan, a little-known city-state in Eastern Europe.

I don't do eastern Europe...sorry, no dice.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0