Montreal Autoshow: Buick Allure

!!!TED!!!

Here are some pictures I took of the Silver 2010 Buick Allure CXL at the Montreal International Autoshow in Quebec, Canada on Tuesday January 20th.

This was a Canadian show debut.

Off the bat, I have to say that the interior is beautiful!!!

The car looks very striking as a whole, and the best angle in my opinion is the rear 3/4.

I noticed this model had slightly different headlights than what the press pictures showed.

The sweapspear looks cool in person, although the general proportions of the car will take some getting used to.

VIDEO:

IMG_0503.jpg

IMG_0504.jpg

IMG_0505.jpg

IMG_0508.jpg

IMG_0509.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

IMG_0511.jpg

IMG_0512.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

IMG_0514.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0518.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

I like the interior...looks like the front end is very tall, not unlike the current Taurus and the new MKS... I stood next to an MKS and it seemed like the fender line and hood were as high as a typical SUV.

I dont get the tall front end on non-European cars. I know Europe has pedestrian safety standards, but I dont think we have them, and lets face it, the LaCrosse/Allure isn't going to be a huge seller in Europe.

Maybe China has such regs. Or the US/Can will have them eventually. Or it's intentionally tall to make the design more appealing to Americans used to SUVs.

There's one more to be shown, one that, according to Sweden's car registry, is the same length as the Insigina... Can u guess which one it is? :smilewide:

9-5, I presume? So there is Insignia, Regal, LaCrosse/Allure, 9-5, and in a few years, the next Malibu and Impala?

9-5, I presume? So there is Insignia, Regal, LaCrosse/Allure, 9-5, and in a few years, the next Malibu and Impala?
3 SWB (Malibu, Insignia/Regal, 9-5) and 2 LWB (LaCrosse and Impala). I kept the Chevy's names, but nobody's sure how Chevy's naming scheme will turn out...

3 SWB (Malibu, Insignia/Regal, 9-5) and 2 LWB (LaCrosse and Impala). I kept the Chevy's names, but nobody's sure how Chevy's naming scheme will turn out...

That's certainly plausable. I don't see a reason for Chevy to change their names, but who knows. Of course, a question mark is what becomes of the Aura and G6 in the new GM reality...

I really want to know who designed and authorized that chrome strip across the back because I seriously question their taste level.

Alas, that seems to be a styling cue that a lot of car makers are doing these days...Lincoln, etc.

Alas, that seems to be a styling cue that a lot of car makers are doing these days...Lincoln, etc.

It isn't always so poorly executed, though. See, this Buick looks fantastic except for that chrome strip, which IMO makes it look like a Hyundai. Cadillac does their big chrome strip across the back of the CTS better. It just seems to me that the chrome around the taillight surrounds on the Buick is just fine. On the CTS, the chrome strip works because there is very little chrome on the rear; on the Buick it is just overkill.

IMG_0503.jpg

Wonderful dash board...nice curves and sweeps

IMG_0511.jpg

Hideous roof rail...chunkier than that on the Malibu

IMG_0514.jpg

Great canted grille with fanned out vanes...it's what is immediately around it that's not too nice, like the shape of the headlamps per the Sebring

Hmm, no articulating projector beams for Canada? This looks more like the heads seen through the camo on the pre-production mules. Guess they got Allure instead of Invicta like I heard. That makes me feel better. I would have been very jealous.

Loving this car!

That bling across the rear incorporating the logo is just tacky, marring what otherwise would be an impeccable exterior.

As a designer, I would have narrowed it down to about the width of the trim around the tail lights. Blingy, but understated, like a Buick should be. That logo could use a little downsizing as well, kinda SUV sized to me. Still would like to see the red, white and blue back in there.

The tail lights are all wrong for a Buick. Why can't they create nice slender horizontal units like on Buicks of yore. The Lexus looks is very tired. Also the dumb mislocated strip of chrome on the bottom of the doors is going to be a disaster when road salt and curbs brush up against it. Why can't it be up in the middle of the doors where it will actually do some good to protect the doors from dings and stray shopping carts and break up the tall ungainly bloated shape of this car? Lexus, Lincoln, Hyundai and Mecedes to name a few also make this huge blunder. The interior is much better executed IMO.

Except for the placement of the portholes I like the new Allure/LACrosse inside and out. Perhap a member familiar with Photoshop could do the following modifications and post a picture:

1. Remove the portholes from the top of the hood and add Enclave type portholes on the side of the hood similar to the Enclave.

2. Add a bold silver/chrome pinstripe on the sides following the sweeping spear profile.

Gord.

The tail lights are all wrong for a Buick. Why can't they create nice slender horizontal units like on Buicks of yore. The Lexus looks is very tired. Also the dumb mislocated strip of chrome on the bottom of the doors is going to be a disaster when road salt and curbs brush up against it. Why can't it be up in the middle of the doors where it will actually do some good to protect the doors from dings and stray shopping carts and break up the tall ungainly bloated shape of this car? Lexus, Lincoln, Hyundai and Mecedes to name a few also make this huge blunder. The interior is much better executed IMO.

The chrome moulding on top of the rear tail lights makes me think of the rear of a '59 Buick with the fins going up and sideways.