Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

BACON EXPLOSION

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got done eating hamburgers, so not going vegan anytime soon, but seriously, just reading that article raised my cholesterol. I kinda like living, I'd rather not have a fatal heart attack at 45. The only thing thats missing is the processed cheese on top. :puke:

Edited by Satty

they were talkign about this on D & D this morning http://www.wcsx.com and one day they are going to make them and have everyone try it whats funny is the one guy thought it was gross and the others were ripping on him. great morning show if you live in the metro detroit area.

Just got done eating hamburgers, so not going vegan anytime soon, but seriously, just reading that article raised my cholesterol. I kinda like living, I'd rather not have a fatal heart attack at 45. The only thin thats missing is the processed cheese on top. :puke:

This is why you drive a Prius? You wouldn't want to risk any excitement at all... :P

This is why you drive a Prius? You wouldn't want to risk any excitement at all... :P

Heh-heh...a friend of mine has a Prius for a daily driver, 50+ miles round trip. Though on Fridays he commutes in his weekend toy ('08 Challenger SRT8). I guess one day a week is enough excitement.

A basic bacon sandwich is a delight. I used to toast my bread for a bacon sandwich, but untoasted bread is better, because you can mash it down to keep the bacon from falling out. 4 slices of bacon between two pieces of whole wheat potato bread... duhROOOOOL...:drool:

A basic bacon sandwich is a delight. I used to toast my bread for a bacon sandwich, but untoasted bread is better, because you can mash it down to keep the bacon from falling out. 4 slices of bacon between two pieces of whole wheat potato bread... duhROOOOOL...:drool:

I had 4 slices between a toasted sesame seed bagel for breakfast today. Had 4 slices between a couple pieces of toast a couple days ago, with bacon salt. Was good.

I love it! All meat with none of that vegetarian crap like tomatoes or lettuce to get in the way of all that meaty goodness. I should make this when I get the time.

Amen brother! :cheers:

As a lover of bacon I must make it my mission to try this at least once.

Hmm...if you topped this with some Provolone, Monterey Jack, and Cheddar...

I've got to go back to Original Pancake House some Saturday...they are an Oregon chain w/ a few stores around the West...great thick bacon, and many types of pancakes, incl.... bacon pancakes. Pancakes w/ bacon bits. Heaven.

anyone have any BBQ sauce they'd recommend?

for this particular recipe, i am not sure what type of bbq sauce would be the best. i usually like famous dave's rich and sassy or devil's spit. the basic kc masterpiece is very good bbq sauce. i am forgetting which hickory smoke sauce i like. i've tried some sauce lately called 'legend' bbq sauce and it was good and might be suited to this recipe pretty well. the wife made some bbq sauce one time from scratch when she made beef tenderloin, that was pretty killer.

most of the time i use bbq sauce its with beef and this is all pork. i am unsure how bacon and bbq sauces mesh. you may have to try this recipe several times to find out. :)

Here's how to make it:

http://www.bbqaddicts.com

And this is the BBQ Sauce they recommend. They say whatever you use go for a sweeter and less spicy one, because it sticks and thickens better.

Cowtown, Blues Hog, and Fiorella’s Jack Stack

We have KC...ot's pretty good stuff. We've also go some Jack Daniel's...which I think is also very good. However I would like to try one of these small time sauces to see what they are like.