Intrepidation

It's Here: The 2010 Chevy Camaro configurator

78 posts in this topic

camaro_configurator.jpg

Chevrolet's new Camaro is the last of the neo-ponycars to hit showrooms, and now it's finally possible for you to put your money where your mouth is after all those breathless "I'd buy one..." comments. Dreamers and real buyers alike can head to the new Camaro Configurator website and trick one out just right. The price of entry for a base-trim LS model is a mere $22,995, and it still looks fantastic – there's something about those black steelies with trim rings. A V6 that belts out more power than some of the storied V8s of yore while netting 29 highway miles per gallon is a persuasive argument for going base, though we couldn't help ourselves and wound up with a Cyber Gray 2SS costing $36,390 that would provide great amusement should it ever wind up in the Autoblog Garage. You can head on over and build your own dream Camaro, too, even if you're not actually going to buy.

Autoblog

I don't like the way they package the options. I can get the Inferno Orange Accent Trim Package on the 2LT but not the more expensive 1SS, I have to spend even more and get the 2SS.

Then I can get it with one shade of red (Victory Red), but not the shade of red I want, Red Jewel Tintcoat.

I also don't like how you can only get preset rotation angles and not a real 360. You can't look from above the car either. I don't see an option in the builder to see what the interior looks like either.

I don't like the way they package the options. I can get the Inferno Orange Accent Trim Package on the 2LT but not the more expensive 1SS, I have to spend even more and get the 2SS.

That's because the Inferno Orange Accent Trim is only an option with leather interiors, and leather interiors only come in the 2LT or 2SS.

What bugs me is... it doesn't show some options like the Hurst short throw shifter.

I can get past the color even though I really like it and adjust go with black. However I much prefer the SS' front fascia to the LT/LS'. In order to get the options I want it comes out to $39,085. :(

If I option a 2LT the way I want it comes out to $30,565...but then I don't get the exterior look I want.

I can get past the color even though I really like it and adjust go with black. However I much prefer the SS' front fascia to the LT/LS'. In order to get the options I want it comes out to $39,085. :(

If I option a 2LT the way I want it comes out to $30,565...but then I don't get the exterior look I want.

Funny... while I like the look of the front end of the SS over the LT, I can't get past the non-functional aspect of the scoop. I wish I could get the SS without the scoop thing...

Then I can get it with one shade of red (Victory Red), but not the shade of red I want, Red Jewel Tintcoat.

I also don't like how you can only get preset rotation angles and not a real 360. You can't look from above the car either. I don't see an option in the builder to see what the interior looks like either.

GM could make a fully working model of Christ and you'd still complain that the water to wine function only dispenses merlot.

^ nice!

I really like the ground-effects package! Back in '98, '99 I always dreamt of putting a flat gray body kit on our '98 Z28. This is pretty much it (but gray plastic, right?)!

Yeah I love the appearance package, and I think it once again looks better on the SS...so what the hell, I'd just go for it. It really enhances the low slung, mean appearance...and I think it looks better on black than the red. So I guess it's win/win. :P

It probably is gray plastic or fiberglass.

Everyone, post a screenshot of your Camaro. I can crop them if you don't know how. I want to see what everyone's looks like. :D

Their site won't support 800x600 resolution. Q_Q

But those steel wheels look awesome!

Ok, here's mine:

MyCamaro.jpg

Bonnet Stripe Package? Do they mean Hood Stripe Package? Where the fu*k was that website made, Merry Old England? Oh wait, don't tell me Australia ... :rotflmao:

There are two stripe packages listed. One is the up-and-over stripes, the other is the bonnet stripe package, which includes the fender/door stripe in addition to the up-and-over.

My 1LT/RS came to $27,000 even.

Everyone, post a screenshot of your Camaro. I can crop them if you don't know how. I want to see what everyone's looks like. :D

I have no idea how to do a screen capture.

I have no idea how to do a screen capture.

On that webpage press the print screen/prnt scrn button, then open up windows paint and hit ctrl+v @ the same time. Then save the image, upload to your online image account, i.e; photobucket, image bay, etc. Then post it here.

Basic LS, with few luxuries. Totally Mad-Max. 8)

camaro.JPG

On that webpage press the print screen/prnt scrn button, then open up windows paint and hit ctrl+v @ the same time. Then save the image, upload to your online image account, i.e; photobucket, image bay, etc. Then post it here.

Thanks!

Here's my "no BS" SS:

my2010camaro.png

By CaminoLS6

I'll be going with something chrome and aftermarket for the wheels, probably a 5 spoke CCW ensemble.

2010Camaro.jpg

2SS, cybergray with black stripes.

Cant build mine until roof delete become available. And I have a feeling its going to be very pricey.

Edited by Satty

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead