Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Camino LS6

I am no longer a GM fan

140 posts in this topic

It's over.

I can't support such a company any longer.

Because of that, I cannot remain a part of the staff of C&G.

I value the friends I have made here, and I don't intend to disappear completely, but this site has always been about the future of GM - and I no longer believe it has one.

So, as of tomorrow, I hope to be just a regular member here. I will stop by now and then, read a bit, post about old cars, and be on my way again.

To do otherwise would be dishonest.

Sorry to hear this. At least you will still be around once and a while.

We want to keep hearing updates about your various projects, so don't be a stranger.

i am pretty close to ditching GM. the CTS wagon and camaro might be the only cars i really like a bunch now. they cut everything else i liked.

We all hate what is happening but if we could survive the plastic cladding era, the bloated SUV decade and Hummer... we can definitely survive this.

I'm not about to give up on American industry or America for that matter.

You shouldn't either.

i am pretty close to ditching GM. the CTS wagon and camaro might be the only cars i really like a bunch now. they cut everything else i liked.

I'm down to teh DTS, Lucerne, Impala and LaX CXL... they'll all be toast soon.

We all hate what is happening but if we could survive the plastic cladding era, the bloated SUV decade and Hummer... we can definitely survive this.

You shouldn't either.

This.

You shouldn't either.

I didn't, they gave up on themselves.

It's over.

We lost.

I didn't, they gave up on themselves.

It's over.

We lost.

It's all relative, Camino'.

Le Resistance lives on in some form or other.

Make 'hay' while the sun shines.

You shouldn't either.

Loyalty is a 2 way street.

Loyalty is a 2 way street.

That's like saying you're not going to be friends with your old buddy who you used to go running with because he got into a massive car accident and has to lose his leg or die from gangrene.

It's not over until all three companies no longer exist. As long as they have fight left in them, we should support them.

Camino, I think you're forgetting something, there is a possibility that Opel, Holden and Daewoo might all be given their freedom in the coming months. If so, there is a good chance they would merge. Then Holden and Opel could be sold in North America ...

Would that not satisfy you?

I would also like to point out that while loosing Pontiac sucks, and it has been painful for GM fans to watch, it's not like you're alone. Chrysler fans have had to watch the company nearly go under in the 80's, only to be saved thanks to government loans and the K platform, then when things were looking up in the late 90's Daimler took the company over under the guise "merger of equals". Sure, it seemed good at first wit the LX cars and the Pacifica, but we've had to watch the company slowly go downhill into mediocrity for several years now. Let's not forget the storied Plymouth brand was killed off right before it was to get the PT Cruiser, which was a huge hit for years. Then what was left of Chrysler was thrown away to whoever wanted the leftovers, to be bought by a private equity firm. Since then we've had to endure countless rumors of the company being chopped up and sold off, merged, and so on.

Then of course the NY Times decided to write a story claiming Chrysler could go bankrupt this week. This stuff is just the tip of the iceberg, and it won't end any time soon.

Yet despite all of this, myself and many others remain fans of the company and continue to support it, and as long as it exists we will probably continue to, through good times and bad.

Giving up just isn't something I'm good at, and if we give up on them, who else will be left to care?

Camino, I think you're forgetting something, there is a possibility that Opel, Holden and Daewoo might all be given their freedom in the coming months. If so, there is a good chance they would merge. Then Holden and Opel could be sold in North America ...

I'm confused. Is the Cruze not part of GMDAT?

It's not over until all three companies no longer exist. As long as they have fight left in them, we should support them.

+1

Gotta have some hope.

If nothing else, I will support GM because for family.

That is a good enough reason alone for me...

I would also like to point out that while loosing Pontiac sucks, and it has been painful for GM fans to watch, it's not like you're alone. Chrysler fans have had to watch the company nearly go under in the 80's, only to be saved thanks to government loans and the K platform, then when things were looking up in the late 90's Daimler took the company over under the guise "merger of equals". Sure, it seemed good at first wit the LX cars and the Pacifica, but we've had to watch the company slowly go downhill into mediocrity for several years now. Let's not forget the storied Plymouth brand was killed off right before it was to get the PT Cruiser, which was a huge hit for years. Then what was left of Chrysler was thrown away to whoever wanted the leftovers, to be bought by a private equity firm. Since then we've had to endure countless rumors of the company being chopped up and sold off, merged, and so on.

Then of course the NY Times decided to write a story claiming Chrysler could go bankrupt this week. This stuff is just the tip of the iceberg, and it won't end any time soon.

Yet despite all of this, myself and many others remain fans of the company and continue to support it, and as long as it exists we will probably continue to, through good times and bad.

Giving up just isn't something I'm good at, and if we give up on them, who else will be left to care?

Gotta go with DF here...he is making good points... :yes:

Maybe.

But it won't be GM, so my position stands.

As long as there is a GM to support I will support them.

There is nothing left there for me to support.

GM has decided they don't need me, so be it.

There is nothing left there for me to support.

GM has decided they don't need me, so be it.

Camaro, Duramax, Silverado

Have one, don't want the other.

And where would I be if I would only buy Oldsmobiles? You don't see me stomping off the site because Olds is gone. I've been a member here since before the Olds announcement.... and look.. I'm an admin now.

Hey if it has the Zeta platform and a GM engine.....Holden Maloo?

If Holden/zeta were here, there would still be something left to care about.

Lacking that...

And where would I be if I would only buy Oldsmobiles? You don't see me stomping off the site because Olds is gone. I've been a member here since before the Olds announcement.... and look.. I'm an admin now.

And I'm glad you are - there just isn't anything left for me now.

If GM builds something that works for me in the future, I'll give it a fair shake.

But I'm done cheering for the company itself now.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0