BlkHhr104

If gm had to kill a another brand?

44 posts in this topic

Don't start this again...all it does is hurt feelings.... BTW, I'll go with Saturn (or just rename it Olds....they should spin off or sell Saab)

You mean it was a thread before if it was on the old C&G i was only a member for 2 and half weks on the old site so ididnt see much

Yeah, just a really bitter subject...but I know a lot of folks will flock to it later, watch.....

Can I bring Olds back, just to drop it again? That was poorly done and funny, I'd like to see it again. Or Hummer.

Oh... not this again...

If anyone brings up Pontiac, I will take a rope, climp a tree, tie it to it, tie it to my neck, jump, and secure my place in hell. There I will meet each and every person who did as they die. Then I will torture them while I laugh, and laugh, and laugh... Posted Image Edited by blackviper8891

Peace be with you, Hummer.

Satty, I just knew you were going to do that... :P As for my actuall choice.. Me being selfish: Saturn. Me being realistic: Buick. Me being hellishtic: Saab and/or Hummer. Me being dazed from drugs: Chevy and/or GMC. Me being dead: Pontiac. :lol: :D ;)

:angry: No GM brands cut! Do a better job with what they have! Don't squander any more of their legacy like they did with Oldsmobile!

<_< You wanna cut something, cut the pinhead executives who've let Buick and Pontiac be starved for proper ideas, products, positioning, and marketing.

Chevrolet. All the brands out now are too established to get rid of, might as well be bold if you're gonna be stupid.

Chevrolet.  All the brands out now are too established to get rid of, might as well be bold if you're gonna be stupid.

[post="3617"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That would be brilliant. You're no longer handicapped by the bowtie and could easily move everything they make elsewhere in the GM stable. Chevy was the last of the original six anyway.

If it's REALLY the case that GM has to cut, sadly I have to agree, it's Buick. Although it's highly debatable that GM's lineup for upscale would be completely void. It's really not like someone shopping for a top-model Camry or Avalon would consider a Pontiac, and they're not at the point where they would get a base Cadillac. The brands right now will work, but GM must be extremely cautious in pricing and equipping the cars, e.g. if Buick is to stay then they should eliminate the base cars, making it completely upscale but under Caddy. GM is improving lately, just give it some more time.

Pontiac - butt ugly beek faced cars, running Buick and Oldsmobile and Chevy based engines. You know theres something wrong when I never really liked Pontiac because of the styling but now try hard to like the models and support them because I know they are in trouble. which brings us to the problem - - - - -saturin Crush saturin, they were built with great profits made by Buick and Oldsmobile during the 70's and 80's just so they could get in the way and screw everything up. Dont worry Im sure they will turn a profit some decade soon, now that they got Oldsmobiles market share - yaright, then kill Buick and they will get Buicks market share - yaright, then Kill Pontiac so they will get their market share - yaright ! Chevy next ?

Buick. Saturn would have been my choice but when comparing its upcoming cars to Buicks...well, Saturn wins that battle.

Saturn. I realize that it is a young brand with no bad stigma, but if I were running GM and forced to cut one brand, it'd be the one that has no heritage. GM could make Buick and Pontiac really outstanding brands if it actually tries. Saturn doesn't know what it wants to be, doesn't know what it is. It doesn't sell very many cars and was originally created as a Japanese import fighter. I wouldn't shed much of a tear if GM cut Saturn.

We do not need to cut another brand! We need to bring back LaSalle, Oldsmobile & REO! :) But if a brand had to be cut here's the order I'd do it in: 1. Saturn 2. Saturn 3. Saturn 4. Saturn 5. Hummer, uh I mean Saturn

Chevrolet.  All the brands out now are too established to get rid of, might as well be bold if you're gonna be stupid.

That would be brilliant.  You're no longer handicapped by the bowtie and could easily move everything they make elsewhere in the GM stable.  Chevy was the last of the original six anyway.

[post="3618"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I say it's time for a lynichin' ;) j/k

Hummer. seriously, how many of them (other than H2's which are just glorified minivans) have you seen on the road? Isn't this what GMC is for? I think they should just keep them to the military. Edited by Turbojett

I say it's time for a lynchin' ;) j/k

[post="3882"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You better be, pal....

You better be, pal....

[post="3884"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

they can take our lives, but they can't take our Chevies. :D

I think its funny how people say Saturn stole Olds market. Saturn has always had GMs worst cars, yet they still manage to get conquest sales. Olds was given some of GMs best cars in the 90s, yet couldnt stop their sales from dropping.

The Saturn/SAAB/Izuzu conglomerate. I wouldn't even think twice about it.

Dumping SAAB would result in the least amount of casualties. Of course, the argument exists that GM would lose a foothold into the elite high-end import market, but SAAB's barely had a foothold for 20 years.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor