Spy Pic of Camaro

It's a chop based on the 1999 Nomad concept

Posted Image

That being said, I think the chop looks pretty good except the shape of the foglights and mirrors are obviously too thin for a production car.

It's a chop based on the 1999 Nomad concept

Posted Image

That being said, I think the chop looks pretty good except the shape of the foglights and mirrors are obviously too thin for a production car.

[post="54260"][/post]

You're WAY off. That pic is only one of a set.

It was real and it was great. There is no dought what car it is when you see it. If you missed it all I can say, I have seen the future and it is GOOD! Sorry, I will not go into anymore detail to preserve this thread. Things look a little hot right now for some sites. Please everyone don't go into details and or ask or send photo's.. Some very important people are very upset and this site is clean so far and lets keep it that way or we might lose more future info when it comes. Edited by hyperv6

Did anybody save the pic? Can you email it to me at [email protected]

Thanks

[post="54312"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

i wouldnt publicly ask that.... and i wouldnt give you the pics if i saved them...

no offense to you but they are worth the wait... and they arent final... they arent official... so its not the real thing... just wait until they are on GM.com under concepts...

crap. This is what happens when I'm gone for 36 hours. :(

Thank You to ************* in that order who hooked me up with the pictures.

-Edit-
Stupid, if anyone happened to send you illegal, embargoed pics, don't say their f-ing names. Christ almighty...
-Flybrian

Scott Settlemire is spitting fire on another site...and I can't blame him at all. I think someone is literally going to die in Warren, MI tomorrow.

http://chirpthird.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3806

3rd & 9th post.

(edit: hmm the site seems to be down/overloaded at the moment)

[post="54376"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

who is scott? is the RedPlanet or fbodyfather?

who is scott?  is the RedPlanet or fbodyfather?

[post="54377"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

yes. he posts on this site now too. he also posts at Cz28, he's the person responsible for getting out invites to Camaro enthusiasts for the big unveil. you can see why he would be upset, it's basically like a betrayal. their are reasons why these kinds of things are kept under wrap. Now, the big day at NAIAS to silence the investors and critcs won't be quite so big.

?

[post="54380"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I've been seeing them going back and forth. What I don't get are the sites that clearly knew this was an issue. I won't name names, but there is a site that seems to always do what C&G does, that site knew we had taken them down, since they always do what we do, and still went on with reposting them later on. that said, I was able to see the other views of this car from that time, so I am guilty too. I loved what i saw though!

I've been seeing them going back and forth. What I don't get are the sites that clearly knew this was an issue. I won't name names, but there is a site that seems to always do what C&G does, that site knew we had taken them down, since they always do what we do, and still went on with reposting them later on. that said, I was able to see the other views of this car from that time, so I am guilty too. I loved what i saw though!

[post="54382"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The site where I saw them an industry magazine site has said in the past they won't be the first. But they won't be the last. And the pica are in 2 threads there.

Sorry... I honestly did not think this was still hush-hush. I mean once they're out they're OUT. GM is not going to bang on everyones door are they...? :huh: Pardon my stupidity. :ph34r: Anyway, the pice were appreciated and I love both proposals... the differances are minor but significant. I have not seen one of these split image clays in years. "The Great Camaro" has a few of these in there from when the original (1st gen) was being designed in the mid 1960s. Oh-happy day! :D

Sorry... I honestly did not think this was still hush-hush. I mean once they're out they're OUT. GM is not going to bang on everyones door are they...? :huh:

Pardon my stupidity. :ph34r:

Anyway, the pice were appreciated and I love both proposals... the differances are minor but significant.

I have not seen one of these split image clays in years. "The Great Camaro" has a few of these in there from when the original (1st gen) was being designed in the mid 1960s.

Oh-happy day! :D

[post="54393"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Panther This is going to hit harder than the Z06 leak last year. There was some major effort by security to find out who leaked it. If some if found losing their job at GM will be the best thing that happens to them. This is a jailable offence. As for the web site's I expect many will be cut off for posting and playing dumb. Scott is a web sites best friend and asset and you do him wrong by playing dumb I expect you will not see much in future clues and updates.

Newbie, Scott is more than setting up the showing. He was also the head of the last F body program and look like may be a leader if not the the leader of the new one. If he says something on Camaro's take it to the bank. He also is a car guy like we need more of in Detroit and will fdo more to make the new car rigth and what people expect more than anyone.

They no longer build a lot of clays like they did in the 60's and are near the point clays are nearly a thing of the past with everything being done on the computer it is not used like it once was.

So I expect what we saw was very close to what we will see in Detroit as the concept car. Things like the mirrors and other non concept things will change but I figure that we have seen pretty much what it is. Also note from Concept to street at GM in most cases is 18 month of late. So that is why people are very hot at GM.

Also note it was not just pictures but the under body and drivetrain layout that was exposed. That is more damaging info then the car it's self.

I honestly think this is VERY BAD. Also this concept is NOT the one that we will see in Detroit. This concept is at least older than 2003 based on previous comments of people who went to clinics. Think of what was leaked as the 99 GTO's brother with the 99 Nomad as its cousin.

Here's what my source just told me this morning about these exact pics. ...."This pic is very close to the show car, it's changed a bit since the pic was taken. If you look close you can see the clay model is split down the center with a different but simalar theme on the other side. The pic was taken in an inclosed patio used for outside design reviews, and photo shoots. The brick pavers show up in a lot of "officialy released" photos"....

Panther This is going to hit harder than the Z06 leak last year. There was some major effort by security to find out who leaked it. If some if found losing their job at GM will be the best thing that happens to them. This is a jailable offence. As for the web site's I expect many will be cut off for posting and playing dumb. Scott is a web sites best friend and asset and you do him wrong by playing dumb I expect you will not see much in future clues and updates.

Newbie, Scott is more than setting up the showing. He was also the head of the last F body program and look like may be a leader if not the the leader of the new one. If he says something on Camaro's take it to the bank. He also is a car guy like we need more of in Detroit and will fdo more to make the new car rigth and what people expect more than anyone.

They no longer build a lot of clays like they did in the 60's and are near the point clays are nearly a thing of the past with everything being done on the computer it is not used like it once was.

So I expect what we saw was very close to what we will see in Detroit as the concept car. Things like the mirrors and other non concept things will change but I figure that we have seen pretty much what it is. Also note from Concept to street at GM in most cases is 18 month of late. So that is why people are very hot at GM.

Also note it was not just pictures but the under body and drivetrain layout that was exposed. That is more damaging info then the car it's self.

[post="54411"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

yea i'm familiar with him from Cararoz28.com

i was just wondring if he was fbodfather

but... it was... haha, yea i always apreciate his commentary on the boards...

Scott Settlemire is spitting fire on another site...and I can't blame him at all. I think someone is literally going to die in Warren, MI tomorrow.

http://chirpthird.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3806

3rd & 9th post.

(edit: hmm the site seems to be down/overloaded at the moment)

[post="54376"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You need some sort of password to see it now. What did he say?

oh boo hoo.  so people see a very unoriginal and often drawn and idealized design.  One with its roots directly in the 60s.  big F'ing deal.

[post="54688"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The big F-in deal is... while it was "unoriginal," the images are usually a sketch/rendering done by an enthusiast, this was something done by GM and illegally distributed.

My bad... once again: Sorry. As far as the design the only change I would make would be the inclusion for the 1969-only speed lines that extend from the squared off wheel arches almost like creases in the sheetmetal. But I'm not at all surprised they were left out. When the car gets a redesign/facelift this element will surely show up and add new life to a design which will be a few years old by then. The 1967 and 1968 Camaros had standard wheel arches, these Ferrari-Testa-Rossa-Mercedes-Benx-300SL fender creases only appeared in MY1969.

My bad... once again: Sorry.

As far as the design the only change I would make would be the inclusion for the 1969-only speed lines that extend from the squared off wheel arches almost like creases in the sheetmetal.

But I'm not at all surprised they were left out. When the car gets a redesign/facelift this element will surely show up and add new life to a design which will be a few years old by then. The 1967 and 1968 Camaros had standard wheel arches, these Ferrari-Testa-Rossa-Mercedes-Benx-300SL fender creases only appeared in MY1969.

[post="54841"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Sly I bet my money on the real show car having those speed lines. This is a clay guys and I am still saying it is not the most recent.

Cool. I am obsessed with those speed lines. Crispey's rendition of this styling element was very elegant but still muscular:

Posted Image

I guess I'm one of the few who dislike the "speedlines" on the squared-off wheel arches. I much prefer the rounded wheel arches on your 68, Sixty8 (lol, that sounds weird to say). I just feel that those as well as other elements featured on the 69 made it look bloated and not nearly as tight looking. I'd be happy if they wouldn't make it to production. I absolutely love what I've of this concept so far (well, except for the interior) and that's rare for me to like something this much being that it's over half retro. I mean... you don't want me to like it less like most retro vehicles, do you? :lol: :D :P

Sly this one is for you. I added the swooshes and some elements, Cobalt Widebody and Malibu cross country crossbar, I feel the concept will prbably have to fit it into the Chevy family a little bit better. Also gave it a splash of color. Sorry, GM/Scott S. has asked that every website remove the pics. - Northstar. Edited by Northstar