2008 Chevrolet Malibu rendering

GMan

These guys really need me to do their concept speculation drawings for them. I have some input on the next Malibu from sort of an insider point-of-view. My current Vis-Comm Instructor at school is the fellow who designed the next Malibu. I have seen his sketches of other cars he did (the G6 concept and a Corvette based Pontiac that went up against the Solstice) and I have listened to what he has said and that drawing is nowhere close to what it will look like.

The windshield is WAY too upright, as with the sub-theta drawings we saw. It seems to have the new corporate Chevy nose which is attractive. Nice thick C pillar and that taught aggressive bobbed tail featured on the SS concept. I don't like the warped beltline look of the current G6 and I don't like it here. 300 and Aura-esque fender surrounds look nice and aggressive and finished. Meh, not bad.... But PM is only accurate 50% of the time and I tend to trust Chris more.

I'm going to agree with others about the overhangs, way too big, especially the front. The green house look inflated, but that's the trend in cars these days. The C pillars look good, but they will invariably cause a blind spot. I hope it looks better than this, but it looks better than the current ugly duckling. I hate how sketches like this have the car with impossibly huge tires. I've never understood the need for such unrealistic tires in sketches. Mark

Whaaaaaat??? The proportions of thisn thing make it a lot closer to a next-gen Zeta-based Caprice than any midsize car. The tall greenhouse in relationship to the low doors is kind of remeniscent of the 1st gen. Lumina.

Wow... thank God PM sucks at this because that isn't exactly beautiful (although it somewhat resembles one of my past designs, minus the huge overhangs).

Is that guy in the background of the Sabb picture trying to dress like a penis or what?

NO.. but now we know what you have on your mind. :lol:

Hahaha... WMJ, have I been a bad influence of you? :lol: :D

WMJ is truly wild as all hell. In other news... If what I think you think I think Ah-HA and evok are saying is true, I'm surely pissed. This whole cancellation thing is damn stupid, especially for the volume autos. Please, if anything is dead, let it just be the Malibu name and not the midsizer itself.

Um.. you missed the last part. The rest of that post isn't all that great. Okay.. GM needs the new Malibu like Courtney Love needs a hit of heroin. Without it, there will be a disaster of epic proportions. So...Toyota, Honda, Ford, Hyundai, and pretty soon Dodge have or will have vehicles that outclass the current Malibu in every way possible. Someone tell me why GM isn't even going to put in the effort. Because I'd really like to know the reasoning behind that.

Posted Image
See if this is better than my last one.If someone has accually seen the prototype,give me some points of reference on what to mod and how.This is just a quickie 2 minute mod. It can definately be changed quite easily. Edited by prototype66

Its kind of outdated looking, it looks like they took the HHR, extended it and glued on the back of a late 90's Eldarado

[post="55687"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Ehh... That may not be the greatest looking car ever made, if the sketch is anything to go by.

But how.. just HOW in the name of all that is holy, can people actually say this is ugly while championing the current Malibu on other threads?!? That thing is about eight times as good looking!

I mean, if that is ugly then the current Malibu should be inducing mass-projectile-vomiting just by driving around :blink:

The sketch shows, large overhangs nonwithstanding, a rather handsome, rather sporty car. Admittedly there's more than a hint of 6-year-old Chrysler in the styling, but that doesn't stop it from being quite nice looking.

Better looking than any bread'n'butter sedan from Honda or Toyota (or Chevy for that matter), which is what it needs to be.

I said exactly the same thing Sixty8. The nose also reminds me of the Lumina.

[post="55259"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The whole thing reminds me of the Lumina! And the 1988 Venture concept in particular that kind of previewed the original 1990-94 models. I would've liked to see something more 2003 SS concept, not just for Malibu, but all Chevy's, right down to Aveo or a minicompact.