2010 Subaru Outback at the Georgian College Autoshow

!!!TED!!!

i test drove a 2010 outback a few weeks ago. i liked the interior a lot. the drive was ok. most folks will be satisfied with this vehicle. i am not sure who would buy a CRV over a more basic outback. the legacy in lower trim is a nice value buy.

the interior really is a comfy place. not overly cushy, but the finish and fit and level of amenity is better than most UJS type cars. I would actually prefer this interior over the plasticky and cheap buick lacrosse.

CVT was ok, i still am not a big fan.

rear seat is spacious and habitable for humans!

Legacy would be my top pick for japanese brand mid sizers.

Edited by regfootball

I saw a 2010 Outback parked outside my office yesterday. They look huge compared to the original Outback from the '90s. White w/ gray trim. The new face has a very strong Toyota/Lexus vibe to it..

The rear of the Legacy sedan reminds me of the Sonata.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

I think cars today look more unique than they have for the past 30 years or so.

Yea the ones from GM, Ford and Dodge. All of these jap cars look like the same bland/boring piece of garbage with the same bland/boring engine choices.

They're unnecessarily giant, imo. I thought the Forester was their bigger vehicle (forgotten Tribeca notwithstanding). I also wish the regular Legacy wagon were still available Stateside. Plus, the Impreza wagon is missed, a 5-door hatch is NOT a wagon.

Will Subaru actually get a version of the RWD coupe collaboration with evil empire Toyota? I thought I read that Subaru bosses are reluctant to participate.

Yea the ones from GM, Ford and Dodge. All of these jap cars look like the same bland/boring piece of garbage with the same bland/boring engine choices.

No, including Japanese makes. They're finally starting to let loose and create designs that are distinctly their own, not just follow an "average car" template. You may think they are ugly, but they are not bland.