November Car Spotters

ocnblu

Interesting...all sitting at the same traffic light (Hamilton and Refugee) at 2:30 yesterday afternoon.

A really built for off road Wrangler Rubicon, a really pristine 60's Lincoln, and a Suburu WRX that is run in rally's by a local SCCA guy.

Three VERY different yet cool vehicles, IMHO.

Also-Really nice black LS1 TA, Black 64-66 Corvette Roadster (SWEET! on US 35 down by Jeffersonville), slammed mid 70's fullsize GMC truck (also black, great looking truck).

I've also seen a bunch of large trucks being driven by very attractive females, but no blondes.

Really nice looking brunette driving a large tandem axle dump truck, a redheaded MILF driving a Lifted GMC S-15 ZR2 Jimmy, another redhead driving a lifted Z71, another brunette driving a Semi Truck...

Kind of strange.

The two I enjoyed the most were the 64-66 Vette and the ZR2 Jimmy. The Jimmy was riding on what looked like 38 or 40 inch tires and was really clean and sharp, dark blue.

Chris

Few interesting Cash for Clunkers cars coming through the local Pick-N Pull.

Cadillac Allante

Camaro LT-1, black on black, nice shape...pink paint all over the locked up LT-1.

Two nice Aurora's and a really clean Navy Blue Roadmaster.

Two Mustang GT convertibles, and 89 and a 95.

Interesting, the 89 had aftermarket aluminium heads on it when it went in...went back to look and the heads were gone....hmmm.

Interesting how the motors locked up...couldn't budge the lifters in the Mustang motor.

Also interesting how quickly some of this stuff is picked clean.

Also a prfoundly rough 3rd gen Firebird marked CFC...but that bird had to have been dead for about ten years.

Chris

Kind of interesting, kind of sad.

My wife and youngest daughter (christina) are sitting here watching some old movie from the 1970's.

Just heard tire noise, turned around to watch the tube...and watched a 58 Chevy ragtop go over a cliff.

Wild how many cars have been wrecked in movies, eh?

Chris

Though I have too much stuff going on anymore to even leave the house or work, turned my errands trip today into car shopping time...remember mom wanting a Camaro? Yeah, about that.

On the lot, however, and I've snapped it before, but it just looked so damn good today even if the photo quality is awful. That Cyber Gray Corvette Grand Sport convertible with red leather and auto trans...YES, PLEASE!

cgmvettegs.jpg

Mom gets a Camaro, somehow, and I'll take this in addition to the G8...yes...

Local dealer has a Cyber Gray Camaro SS/RS with black hood and deck stripes. BG dealer has a secksi white Terrain SLT inside the showroom.

Oooh...so many new GM's that are so damn good looking/impressive otherwise...I could spend a day at a dealer again just sitting in them.

Yet to catch a Terrain, the closest being one on the road and another that was going directly from the truck to the detail bay as the new buyers waited for it...damn, those and Equinoxes are just gang busters for sales now...

ive seen these over the collected week.

mercedes something or other 45 or 450 i dunno just looked odd. there is a local guy tooling around in a unimog too

1104091408a.jpg

1104091408.jpg

seen this 64 buuick on the way into work monday my guess is a 225 or electra, didnt look too fancy

downsize-15.jpg

then today i scored this pic of a local E-body

1107091201.jpg

and at kmart there was a nice monte carlo daily driver... and as a courtesy i took that buggy in with me

downsize-13.jpg

downsize-14.jpg

and then there was this... solar powered r/c car. its almost as big as a prius.

downsize-12.jpg

1107091026a-1.jpg

Well, there's this Silverado parked in my driveway. It's got temp tags and paper floor mats... :scratchchin:

Saw a grey Citroen DS on a residential street in Old Laurel the other day. It was in poor shape, but there was no mistaking it; I stopped and stared at it for a few minutes until I saw a car coming up behind me in the rearview.

Camino, I knew that was a Formula Ram Air hood, but wasn't sure if it was just "added" to a Firebird model. I thought Formula's had a little more 'oomph' to them over a Firebird??

The Formula had the hood and rear spoiler, model-specific badging and some different interior trim, IIRC. Haven't seen one of those in ages...my brother had a '74 Formula 400 long ago...

Camino, I knew that was a Formula Ram Air hood, but wasn't sure if it was just "added" to a Firebird model. I thought Formula's had a little more 'oomph' to them over a Firebird??

Could be a regular Firebird with Formula parts, but it has badges missing so I can't be sure one way or the other.

Sweet looking 'bird, I just miss the cars of the 1970's so badly.

Coming back from meeting with Z06, his fiancee, and Oldsmoboi my 16 year old son and I were running with the top down on a beautiful evening at sunset. Perfect, restored 66 Mustang ragtop with the top down passes us and then runs with us in traffic for about 60 miles. Perfect!

Sweet sightings...Lotus elise...perfect red stock restored 68 Camaro with a big block...neat old 53 Chevrolet...

Chris

2010 Camaro, yellow LS/RS... with a Hurst t-handle shifter..."RS" emblems on the fenders... Tweety Bird sticker on the fuel door, ugly red plastic strips on the rear quarter strakes... chrome bezels around the backup lamps... *vomit*:nono:

2010 Camaro, yellow LS/RS... with a Hurst t-handle shifter..."RS" emblems on the fenders... Tweety Bird sticker on the fuel door, ugly red plastic strips on the rear quarter strakes... chrome bezels around the backup lamps... *vomit* :nono:

At least they didn't buy a Genesis or an Avalon!

Chris :iroc-dragster:

One of those DTS-L's or whatever they're called passed me today. I don't like where the back doors stop, but otherwise handsome.

So, are you going to post some pictures of your new ride and give us the details???

The Silverado's not for us per se, but rather the family business. It's here until dad can put the tracking unit into it. It's a nice truck, though. Rides and handles excellent, and XM is some kinda neat radio.

Had the day off because of the holiday--strange to have a day off in the middle of the week, so quiet in my neighborhood. Had a good nap earlier. Went to Borders, and on the way there, saw a gorgeous white '65 Cadillac Calais 2dr ht, no vinyl top. Massive.

<!--quoteo(post=554038:date=Nov 10 2009, 06:47 PM:name=gm4life)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gm4life @ Nov 10 2009, 06:47 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=554038"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->2010 SIM Chevrolet Camaro LT/RS or SS/RS with 20 inch chrome rims.

2009 Red Dodge Challenger SE w/ optional 18 inch wheels.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

'SIM'?

Silver Ice Metallic, that is the short hand from Camaro5. Sorry.

2010 Canyon extended cab 2WD, metallic red/tan SLT at the local BG store. I walked over to look at the window sticker, when suddenly, an old lady sitting in a Volvo XC90 next to it (I didn't even notice it, ha) leans out of her door and says "that one's sold. It's mine. It's got leather." She startled me a li'l bit.:lol:

Saw something I didn't even know was sold in America, a red Noble M12, like this one:

I've seen at a show...apparently, they are sold in the US as a kit.

Saw the sweet black '69 Electra conv. from a couple blocks over drive by..hadn't seen it in months.

Saw something I didn't even know was sold in America, a red Noble M12, like this one:

I've seen at a show...apparently, they are sold in the US as a kit.

Saw the sweet black '69 Electra conv. from a couple blocks over drive by..hadn't seen it in months.

Noble-M12-GTO-04-1024.jpg

Actually there is a garage called "The Speed Factory" on High Street here in Columbus that services them.

Chris

Went out with my family to eat, and not one but two C6 Z06's pulled up next to us.

Kind of cool!

Also saw an SRT-4 Caliber in the wild...wonder how many of these will be around in ten years.

Chris

Some good ones from a good trip to Jersey today.

1) The last new Pontiac at my favorite dealer, a white Solstice convertible. Been there a while. As with other Solstices, little interest--found out the one coupe they had, they dealer traded off because it had even less interest than the standard convertible. Still, I liked this one & started thinking "hmm...0% for 6 years...it'd be an affordable little fun car..."

Image00001.jpg

2) New Lacrosse's...I want one...at least a CXS...not sure why, because I got rid of a new Malibu for same things this car has (FWD, V6/6-spd, etc.) but I just really, really like the car itself. Add in the EP-II, the looks, the interior that's 10x better than any Epsilon before, or even my G8 in ways, 19" wheels with road sensing suspension, DI 3.6L, White Diamond...just want one.

3) Roger's Fleetwood. Enough said. Gangsta. And now with working windows on the passenger's side...we did well :thumbsup:

Image00002.jpg

Image00004.jpg

4) Camaro's at a dealer not far from home, on my way back.

Image00005.jpg

Image00007.jpg

5) The weird one...really weird...cruising south on the Jersey turnpike tonight, I saw a pop up trailer and a car pulling it. Got closer & realized it was a '97-03 Grand Prix GT sedan without a rear bumper...then slowed to ride by the rear end for a few more seconds and saw it wasn't damaged, but the rear bumper/fascia was just removed and an unusual hitch setup installed going into the center of where the bumper usually would be, attached to the trailer. Again, weird. Couldn't figure it out. But it was cruising right along, not sagging unusually or anything, just like that...I wish I could have seen it in the light!

Edited by caddycruiser