Restraint

Blake Noble

Say if someone calls you up, deliberately disguises their phone number and voice using an app for a jailbroken iPhone, and then threatens you with the following, just to name a few things said:

• "I'm going to put a gun in your mouth and blow your fucking brains out if you don't apologize."
  • "I'm going to wreck all of your fucking cars and burn your house down."
  • "I'm going to kill you right in front of your parents."

You probably do have the means to apply for a restraining order, correct?

It's good to know I'm still in-check when it comes to the knowing the law and how to make it work for me.

If at all possible, I believe I will press charges for terroristic threatening as well and maybe pick up a permit to carry a concealed weapon to go along with my restraining order.

I have two eyewitnesses for this.

I know this is just the start of a second part of a shitstorm that I had hoped had died down.

I guess some people (i.e. the asshole that totaled my Firebird) turn into children after you make them do the right thing. Me apologize for pursuing legal action and forcing a low-life piece of shit to give me what I was entitled to? Me apologize for not letting it go? Me apologize for doing what was right? He better keep dreamin'.

Edited by whiteknight

its safer in 3rd, cause they are after the 1st...?

my little sis had a psycho ex once that went waaaay off the deep end. called her and threatened her and her friends safety, "checked" himself in and out of the hospital for suicidal ideations and wanted her to foot the bill cause it was her fault. i told her to tell him the next time he called "with a shotgun" against his head to be a man and put it in his mouth... (geez i hope blu doesnt see that). i finally got the chance to answer the phone one night and was proud that all i said to him was dont call this number again boy.

the police told her to record the conversations with a digital recorder for proof in case its needed.

could it be the douche that totaled the firebird we is talkin bout here?

its safer in 3rd, cause they are after the 1st...?

my little sis had a psycho ex once that went waaaay off the deep end. called her and threatened her and her friends safety, "checked" himself in and out of the hospital for suicidal ideations and wanted her to foot the bill cause it was her fault. i told her to tell him the next time he called "with a shotgun" against his head to be a man and put it in his mouth... (geez i hope blu doesnt see that). i finally got the chance to answer the phone one night and was proud that all i said to him was dont call this number again boy.

the police told her to record the conversations with a digital recorder for proof in case its needed.

could it be the douche that totaled the firebird we is talkin bout here?

Yes indeed it is.

I'm not going to take it lightly or as a joke. Basically, I now have a problem and must work toward fixing it and eliminating any possibility of extremity, if I make any sense. This motherfucker is in the military; he's supposed to be on meds for a mental instability, which I'm starting to question if he's actually taking them; he has access to guns. This could be nasty for me. I don't intend to be the victim of the next Steven Green.

Edited by whiteknight

I don't think there is going to be much the Police can do in this situation. Restraining orders are usually granted when there are patterns of threats or there have been actual injuries suffered. Since you have no actual evidence other than a hunch who it is and I'm guessing this is the first verbal threat they have made, I am guessing the police will take a report and that's it.

I don't think there is going to be much the Police can do in this situation. Restraining orders are usually granted when there are patterns of threats or there have been actual injuries suffered. Since you have no actual evidence other than a hunch who it is and I'm guessing this is the first verbal threat they have made, I am guessing the police will take a report and that's it.

I know who it is, it isn't a hunch. Even though he tried to disguise his voice, I recognized a bunch of commonly used phrases that only he uses and his vocal pattern. That was what tipped me off to who was doing it. I even got him to say that it was him and the third time, since he knew I wasn't buying it, he didn't bother with disguising his voice (but he still hid his number). I have two other people who listened to the third call and recognized it as him. He did threaten me and my family way back when he found out legal action was being pursued. I have eyewitnesses for that to call upon as well.

The evidence of his activity will be with his cell phone carrier's and my cell phone carrier's call logs.

It isn't as good as recorded evidence, but I believe it will suffice.

Edited by whiteknight

If you have an established record of verbal abuse and threats, a TRO may be granted, but I'm guessing the police will visit him first so they can have a report for the judge to read.

The ass is still in TexAss, so I guess he'll just have a surprise waiting for him if he comes back to Kin-tuck-ee.

whiteknight, you seem to have a solid head on your shoulders. Are you frustrated with the people around you/their mentality? Ever thought about leaving Appalachia for a more cosmopolitan area? You in college/looking at colleges?

Edited by Croc

whiteknight, you seem to have a solid head on your shoulders. Are you frustrated with the people around you/their mentality? Ever thought about leaving Appalachia for a more cosmopolitan area? You in college/looking at colleges?

+1

Chris

I've definitely thought about getting out of Kentucky, I just can't seem to really determine where to go. Junior year of high school, I considered going to AI in Cincinatti and living on the outskirts in Newport, but I also had my doubts about living there and eventually just forgot about it.

As for being frustrated about the people around me, most definitely. You wouldn't believe just how many idiots seem to live around the Madison County/Fayette County area. Since graduating high school, I've lost quite a few friends simply because of their own stupidity. I literally have one really friend here that's proven to be honest and reliable and that's pretty damn sad. The rest I don't speak to or are guys I sort of know and chat with if I have them do something to whatever I'm driving.

I know I'm going to go to college sometime during 2010, hopefully in the Spring, but the colleges around here are too expensive (UK, UL), slightly expensive and kind of sub-par (EKU, Morehead), or decent and free but with a bunch of strings attached to getting in (Berea College).

Forget moving to a more 'cosmopolitan' area. Just don't make friends with people who are total dicktrees.

Dicktrees grow everywhere and it's sometimes hard to spot one. :AH-HA:

Edited by whiteknight

Can I be real honest bro...

Whtienight...been thinking about you and your situation. I have a suggestion, and feel free to tell me to take a flying leap.

Here goes...I would go to Berea College. I love the school, think it is top notch in a lot of ways. Plus...my wife works with financial aid for students. You would not believe the number of 20 year olds $40,000 in debt for just an associates degree. A lot of people are never going to be able to pay back their school loans in a million years.

Next idea. Instead of buying a Trans Am...buy an original Jeep Cherokee with the inline six or a previous generation Wrangler. Do a very mild build on it...31" Tires...shocks...springs...very mild lift...

Find a four wheeling club near you and Join it. Guys that wheel in my experience are almost always a great bunch of people. If you join one group and don't like it...find another. Like I said, I work an hour south of Columbus...I know lots of guys that wheel...my wife has a few second cousins that have gotten their Jeeps in magazines.

The other thing to think about...wheeling is very family freindly. If you get a girlfriend...which I am assuming you will...wheeling groups can be very inclusive. This is why I own a Miata and belong to a Miata club...they are a very family friendly group. Don't underestimate the positive impact this might have with the fair sex.

Sorry to hijack your thread....

Chris

I've definitely thought about getting out of Kentucky, I just can't seem to really determine where to go. Junior year of high school, I considered going to AI in Cincinatti and living on the outskirts in Newport, but I also had my doubts about living there and eventually just forgot about it.

Of course, neither is southern Ohio. Have you ever thought about going to another region of the country?

As for being frustrated about the people around me, most definitely. You wouldn't believe just how many idiots seem to live around the Madison County/Fayette County area. Since graduating high school, I've lost quite a few friends simply because of their own stupidity. I literally have one really friend here that's proven to be honest and reliable and that's pretty damn sad. The rest I don't speak to or are guys I sort of know and chat with if I have them do something to whatever I'm driving.

Yeah, Indiana isn't too different in that regards. I have around 5 non-family contacts in the Indy area I truly give a $h! about, and maybe another 5 that entertain me occasionally.

I know I'm going to go to college sometime during 2010, hopefully in the Spring, but the colleges around here are too expensive (UK, UL), slightly expensive and kind of sub-par (EKU, Morehead), or decent and free but with a bunch of strings attached to getting in (Berea College).

OK forgive me for prying, but what's the situation here? High school diploma? GED? What happened? I'm asking because of the Spring admit you're talking about. Also, there are plenty of scholarships/financial aid opportunities out there. Look for them, apply for them.

If you want to take this to PM go for it.

I highly recommend the Pittsburgh area. We've got a ton of business growth, just enough cosmopolitan for a big city but we still know how to party with beer n'at (local slang). Two championship teams (Superbowl and Stanley cup in the same city in the same year, how often does that happen?) Lots of great schools. Cheap to live in. Close enough to Kentucky that you could get home for a long weekend no problem, but far enough that no one from home would bother you. We have a 27 year old frat boy for a Mayor. We're a top city for green energy, robotics, computer research (Google has a major lab here), premier medical and design schools... We've been in the top 10 "Most Livable" for a few years running.....

The list just goes on and on.

Perhaps the better question is "What do you want to do with your life?" Weighty, for sure, but knowing what you want to get out of college/life--at least on some level--is important. Personally, going somewhere else for college is the best trial balloon you can launch.

Of course, neither is southern Ohio. Have you ever thought about going to another region of the country?

I've thought about Oregon ...

Yeah, Indiana isn't too different in that regards. I have around 5 non-family contacts in the Indy area I truly give a $h! about, and maybe another 5 that entertain me occasionally.

If I move out of central Kentucky, I know I won't be back again. If it wasn't for my parents moving here because of the jobs they were holding down way back in the mid-90s, I probably wouldn't be living here. Most of my family lives in southeastern Kentucky and around Bowling Green.

OK forgive me for prying, but what's the situation here? High school diploma? GED? What happened? I'm asking because of the Spring admit you're talking about. Also, there are plenty of scholarships/financial aid opportunities out there. Look for them, apply for them.

If you want to take this to PM go for it.

I graduated high school with the rest of my class back in June, but I'm in the middle of taking some time away from school all together. I didn't exactly have a pleasant high school experience and that combined with past personal issues really left me feeling burned out about, well, everything. I knew I really needed a breather and a chance to put my head on straight so that I could really determine what direction in life I should take. I know that, with out a doubt in my mind, if I went into college right after high school with a complete and total lack of enthusiasm and not really knowing what major to work for, I would be a college dropout.

Edited by whiteknight

Oregon? Hmm? What part, Portland area? That's the most expensive place to live in the nation, but it offers so much in terms of livability.

So no ideas on what you want to narrow your prospective fields down to? I mean honestly...can you rule anything out? Astronaut? Firefighter? Elephant trainer? Can you think of some kind of basic curriculum that works for you? Sciences, History, Language, Literature, Math, Arts, Music, etc? What were your best classes in HS? Are you creative or analytical or a bit of both? Organized or messy? Night owl or early bird? SOMETHING so we can help.

Oregon? Hmm? What part, Portland area? That's the most expensive place to live in the nation, but it offers so much in terms of livability.

I was thinking a bit more south, between Portland and the Fremont National Forest. I'm not really familiar with Oregon, though ...

So no ideas on what you want to narrow your prospective fields down to? I mean honestly...can you rule anything out? Astronaut? Firefighter? Elephant trainer? Can you think of some kind of basic curriculum that works for you? Sciences, History, Language, Literature, Math, Arts, Music, etc? What were your best classes in HS? Are you creative or analytical or a bit of both? Organized or messy? Night owl or early bird? SOMETHING so we can help.

My best classes in high school were History, English, and Art. I'm more so creative (I'm a multi-instrumentalist, I'm always dabbling in music production/engineering/mixing/etc. and I'm always screwing around with Photoshop) than analytical (I do like the challenges that come with doing my own mechanic work), but I am a bit of both. I guess that comes from being sort of a "jack of all trades, but a master of none." :P

I'm leaning to a degree in graphic design, but I doubt if I could find work doing it. I'd also like to do something with music for a living, but I don't think I could stand producing pop records the rest of my life and I'm trying to keep money out of the picture when it comes to making music. I've also considered journalism, but if I couldn't write about music or write for an auto rag, it wouldn't be any fun for me.

To be honest, I would love to own my business by the time I'm middle aged. I can work as hard and do a job as good as the next guy, but I don't intend to stay a solider forever; I'd like to be the General.

Edited by whiteknight

Can I be real honest bro...

Whtienight...been thinking about you and your situation. I have a suggestion, and feel free to tell me to take a flying leap.

Here goes...I would go to Berea College. I love the school, think it is top notch in a lot of ways. Plus...my wife works with financial aid for students. You would not believe the number of 20 year olds $40,000 in debt for just an associates degree. A lot of people are never going to be able to pay back their school loans in a million years.

I did find out that I can qualify for financial aid recently where I still haven't moved out yet to save on bills. :P

I wouldn't mind going to Berea College, but they base a lot of their admissions on your parents' income now, which is a big reason why tuition is free. Because of that, my chances for admission are slim.

Next idea. Instead of buying a Trans Am...buy an original Jeep Cherokee with the inline six or a previous generation Wrangler. Do a very mild build on it...31" Tires...shocks...springs...very mild lift...

Find a four wheeling club near you and Join it. Guys that wheel in my experience are almost always a great bunch of people. If you join one group and don't like it...find another. Like I said, I work an hour south of Columbus...I know lots of guys that wheel...my wife has a few second cousins that have gotten their Jeeps in magazines.

The other thing to think about...wheeling is very family freindly. If you get a girlfriend...which I am assuming you will...wheeling groups can be very inclusive. This is why I own a Miata and belong to a Miata club...they are a very family friendly group. Don't underestimate the positive impact this might have with the fair sex.

Sorry to hijack your thread....

Chris

You're fine man. No worries.

It would be great to find a girl who wouldn't mind turning a wrench, but so far all of my ex's haven't been able to distinguish a wrench from a ratchet. :P

Edited by whiteknight

I highly recommend the Pittsburgh area. We've got a ton of business growth, just enough cosmopolitan for a big city but we still know how to party with beer n'at (local slang). Two championship teams (Superbowl and Stanley cup in the same city in the same year, how often does that happen?) Lots of great schools. Cheap to live in. Close enough to Kentucky that you could get home for a long weekend no problem, but far enough that no one from home would bother you. We have a 27 year old frat boy for a Mayor. We're a top city for green energy, robotics, computer research (Google has a major lab here), premier medical and design schools... We've been in the top 10 "Most Livable" for a few years running.....

The list just goes on and on.

I've been checking out Pittsburgh since your suggestion, and so far, it does seem pretty nice for a large city ...

I can second the whole Pittsburg thing. My son and I went over last weekend to meet with Z06 and Oldsmoboi. We got there early and ended up driving around for about 4 hours with the convertible top down on a nice fall day.

Having been all over the US, from New England to Florida to the south to LA to Seattle...all I can say is...I think Oldsmoboi is right. If I had it all to do over again, I would think really hard about Pittsburg.

Also, Pittsburg for some reason seems to have a really high number of very attractive females on a per capita basis. Something else to consider!

Chris

I've thought about Oregon ...

If I move out of central Kentucky, I know I won't be back again. If it wasn't for my parents moving here because of the jobs they were holding down way back in the mid-90s, I probably wouldn't be living here. Most of my family lives in southeastern Kentucky and around Bowling Green.

I graduated high school with the rest of my class back in June, but I'm in the middle of taking some time away from school all together. I didn't exactly have a pleasant high school experience and that combined with past personal issues really left me feeling burned out about, well, everything. I knew I really needed a breather and a chance to put my head on straight so that I could really determine what direction in life I should take. I know that, with out a doubt in my mind, if I went into college right after high school with a complete and total lack of enthusiasm and not really knowing what major to work for, I would be a college dropout.

Take a little time off. I wish I would have...I went right from high school to college, which for me personally was a big mistake. You've got a BIG plus one from me on getting your head in the game before you tackle college.

Chris

You know, real estate in PA isn't as expensive as I first thought ...

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/reo/1464787362.html

You can find real estate in KY that cheap ... but six times out of ten it's in the middle of nowhere, miles away from nothing, in the worst possible areas of the state.

Edited by whiteknight

...trust me...road trip Pittsburg.

Methinks you'll be happy!

You may want to do it sometime other than the middle of winter, however.

Chris

I might just check it out this Spring and, if it's for me, put everything in motion by next Fall.

Imagine that. An affordable house that you don't have to rent.

Why is real estate so much more expensive in Kentucky? What is this state's saving grace other than the Corvette Plant and Museum? :P

Edited by whiteknight

I can second the whole Pittsburg thing. My son and I went over last weekend to meet with Z06 and Oldsmoboi. We got there early and ended up driving around for about 4 hours with the convertible top down on a nice fall day.

Having been all over the US, from New England to Florida to the south to LA to Seattle...all I can say is...I think Oldsmoboi is right. If I had it all to do over again, I would think really hard about Pittsburg.

Also, Pittsburg for some reason seems to have a really high number of very attractive females on a per capita basis. Something else to consider!

Chris

We have a really high ratio of attractive females to attractive males. Seriously, being gay in this city is difficult because most guys don't take care of themselves.

You know, real estate in PA isn't as expensive as I first thought ...

http://pittsburgh.cr...1464787362.html

You can find real estate in KY that cheap ... but six times out of ten it's in the middle of nowhere, miles away from nothing, in the worst possible areas of the state.

That is a very nice example, but Hazelwood has it's bad areas. You can find real estate that cheap in some more reliably nice areas if you look. If/When you're interested in coming to take a look, I'd be happy to take you around town.

We have a really high ratio of attractive females to attractive males. Seriously, being gay in this city is difficult because most guys don't take care of themselves.

Which is why I was hoping that Paulino would move to Columbus if he moved out of long island. We have a large gay male population and more good looking men than Pittsburg.

Columbus is also a very gay friendly city...

Chris

...and WOW...that house in Hazelwood...for 40K...seriously???

Here in Columbus 40K buys you a SHACK covered with graffiti.

Even in Chillicothe, where I work, which is a depressed city an hour south of Columbus...

that house would sell for $85,000 in a bad part of town. And about $150,000 in a decent part of town.

A nearly identical house to that sold in a good neighborhood here in columbus for almost $300,000...and Pittsburg is a better looking city than Columbus!

Wow.

Chris

Don't underestimate going to NHL Hockey games either. Hockey really wasn't my thing until I went to a few games. Now I'm hooked, and the Penguins (Pittsburg) have a very large and loyal following.

Enjoy Pittsburg if you move there!

Chris

wooooo H-Cube doesn't answer the phone unless he recognises the number through caller id. H-Cube is pretty druk right now, though 303-919-9450

This reminds H-Cube of his enemy in high school...the SOB that ultimately beat him for valedictorian by 3,000th of a point..at graduation, H-Cube's nemesis said 'Wherever you go, I'll be there with a sniper rifle'...he wrote a similar sentiment in my yearbook..from 7th grade through 12th, we were bitter enemies, extremely competitive for positions 1 or 2 in our class....

Sadly, at the 20th reunion last year, I found out he had apparently committed suicide, though they never found the body. So I still look over my shoulder...

H-Cube is druk, so pardon me for my rambling...

LMFAO!!!!

Re: the topic...

Definitely start gathering evidence. And eventhough I think this guy is all talk (Most people who issue threats are either 1) all talk or 2) extremely stupid -- why threaten someone and leave evidence of the crime youre going to commit?) it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to start watching you back a bit more and consider carrying something for protection.

Be careful though, I really think any sort of violence should be a last resort and I know that in NC, there are VERY specific laws about shooting someone even if it's self defense.