Lutz on GMTV about Enclave

I love the Enclave. I'll go so far as to say, outside of the Corvette, it's the most attractive vehicle GM has done in a long, long time.

This is the new (1/12/06) topic at the GM Fastlane Blog site. Please do as I did and post some positive feedback about the Buick Enclave. Buick and GM need your support and encouragement, and this vehicle deserves it!

Edited by wildcat

If the HF V6 is making 280-300HP then it will be above 300HP in Cadillacs I would assume.

EDIT: Interesting that he said all the leather around the center stack would stay. I wasn't expecting that.

He doesn't seem to want to mention the UV8. "We don't have a V8 that can fit right now.

If the HF V6 is making 280-300HP then it will be above 300HP in Cadillacs I would assume.

EDIT: Interesting that he said all the leather around the center stack would stay. I wasn't expecting that.

He doesn't seem to want to mention the UV8. "We don't have a V8 that can fit right now.

I'm guessing the same, Northstar. It would be interesting if the Cadillac version would make something like 305hp. The "above 300" line would fit well into Cadillac's marketing scheme, imo.

And the UV8 will come for sure. The Northstar needs an update/replacement.

As far as the Eclave goes: Wow, impressive! Can't wait to see the Saturn and GMC :)

GM did an excellent job with the Enclave.  As of late they are hitting on all 8 cyl.  Lutz magic is starting to finally show.

Lutz is the key on interiors AND getting the detailing right on the exteriors. He is making the rules change so that things like this can happen.

There was a lot of talk last Summer about the 3.6L HF engine getting direct injection and making 305HP in a Cadillac.

Is this the engine?

I think the Enclave is a home run, but I would be really impressed with a V6 SRX making 305HP with the Driver Level one package available for less than 40K.

Cadillac dropped both the MSRP and invoice of the SRX $3,000 and now the car is

only $36,990. I Invoice is $34,600 now feel that both the Enclave and the SRX are extremely competitive at around 35K.

I feel that if Cadillac will offer me early termination on my SRX next year I will either step into another SRX w/more options or the Enclave depending on the HP levels. And whether i like the new 2007 caddy interior.

So that means the UV8 will be dimensionally smaller than the N*.  A good idea since the LWB EPII models could need the V8 for sporty versions.

That's an interesting thought, but if the 3.6 is making 280-290hp in them and we have RWD cars above them with V8s, do they still need those V8s?

Well, I have to say, it is beautiful. And I'm feeling very positive about it transforming from concept to production after watching this video.

I really would like to see the production version out already... I wish it was coming out in September 2006, but I guess waiting a few more months isn't that horrible.

Now I'm confused... aside from talking about the Enclave for a second... let's talk about the UV8...

If the 3.6L is supposed to make about 280-300hp, it's going to make the Northstar seem not so great in Caddy applications. So then they'll get the UV8, no? Making upwards of say, 400hp? Then that almost makes the V-series pointless. So, does that mean the V-series will get a hp boost as well?! Say pushing 500hp?

Now I'm confused... aside from talking about the Enclave for a second... let's talk about the UV8...

If the 3.6L is supposed to make about 280-300hp, it's going to make the Northstar seem not so great in Caddy applications.  So then they'll get the UV8, no?  Making upwards of say, 400hp?  Then that almost makes the V-series pointless.  So, does that mean the V-series will get a hp boost as well?!  Say pushing 500hp?

pretty much! all in the sake of keeping up with the competition. look to lexus, bmw, and infiniti and you'll see these numbers are where they are going too.

Anyone know the tow rating on this thing?  I need something to tow the regal to the track this racing season, and the Sierra Denali is a little pricey  :(

I hope this comes with a V8 option. If it does I hope it can tow  B)

not sure dean....you can assume atleast 1000...everything is atleast 1000..not sure if it will go higher then that...you can email buick.com about it?

That's an interesting thought, but if the 3.6 is making 280-290hp in them and we have RWD cars above them with V8s, do they still need those V8s?

The UV8 could have much more than 300 hp standard. If it is based on the HF3.6 and displaces 4.7L or so and carry's DI it could be well in the 375 hp range easily.

300/3.6=83.333

83.333*4.7=391.6667

The Enclave is a beautiful vehicle. I love it, and although I'm not a HUGE Buick fan (parents had a '97 Buick Century that went through two 4T65E trannies in its lifetime before it was traded in for the ZR5 crew cab S10, but that Century damn sure rode good and got good mileage), I could say that if I had the money and the need for it, it would doggone sure be in the driveway along with the wife's car (she wants a Magnum, i'm trying to talk her out of it).

Keep in mind while the V6 will have HP, most ricer cars have high horsepower with anemic Torque, meaning they can not tow crap.

The UV8 could still have say 350 detuned HP and a but load of Torque. 450 or so. My thoughts on that. A awesome towing motor.

Keep in mind while the V6 will have HP, most ricer cars have high horsepower with anemic Torque, meaning they can not tow crap.

The UV8 could still have say 350 detuned HP and a but load of Torque. 450 or so.  My thoughts on that.  A awesome towing motor.

I foresee the DI 3.6 will have a good amount of torque. I mean, 260-280 torque should be fine. If you want to tow heavy things, you'd want to opt for the V8 anyway, imo.

If the 3.6L is supposed to make about 280-300hp, it's going to make the Northstar seem not so great in Caddy applications.  So then they'll get the UV8, no?  Making upwards of say, 400hp?  Then that almost makes the V-series pointless.  So, does that mean the V-series will get a hp boost as well?!  Say pushing 500hp?

Basically. :)

I've heard a rumor that the V-Series could get the V8 from the Z06 Corvette which makes 505 hp. The UV8 could make 450 horsepower and then the V-Series wouldn't be pointless.

The UV8 could still have say 350 detuned HP and a but load of Torque. 450 or so.  My thoughts on that.  A awesome towing motor.

It wouldnt stay stock either. I have a problem keeping cars stock. :blink:

So I might be able to get a little more power out of it to help the towing. :)

It wouldnt stay stock either. I have a problem keeping cars stock. :blink:

So I might be able to get a little more power out of it to help the towing. :)