Strange things said about your car

Flybrian

You know once they start making the Prius in Cali that whole "American Made" argument kinda deflates....

In all seriousness the Prius can't easily be compared to the Cobalt/Focus because there really is nothing like the Prius on the road right now. A comfortable four seater hybrid car that gets near 50MPG. Now in a few years with the Volt, Insight, and V4 Prius out it won't be so special... FYI of the thee I'll take a Volt Plz.

People will continue to buy what they want because hell it's their money. It's not a car that would ever be on my radar screen because it isn't a big American barge but that doesn't mean that I should slam people who buy the car they want now does it.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (gm4life @ Oct 26 2008, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is still made in Japan only putting our country in a deeper hole trade wise. Another fact any Toyota built in North America all the profits go over to that evil blood sucking Jap company.

Nice..bring out the racist slur...

Strange things said about my car?

Well, for my Mk V Golf (Volkswagen Rabbit) the strangest thing I've heard is that...

"It's a gay looking car."

I don't get it.

QUOTE (MyerShift @ Oct 26 2008, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, for my Mk V Golf (Volkswagen Rabbit) the strangest thing I've heard is that...

I don't get it.

Well, what I've heard that about Jettas...apparently, they are a gay icon in the SF Bay Area...a straight coworker of mine in Denver who had moved from Ca driving a '99 Jetta was always getting teased about it by people that knew about that stereotype...similar to the stereotype about Subaru wagons and lesbians in some areas..though I haven't heard it applied to Golfs or Rabbits.

Edited by moltar

QUOTE (gm4life @ Oct 26 2008, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just was to lazy to write out Japan. Take it how you want. I just buy American. By the way I like the way the Rabbit alot I think they are sharp.

Why thank you! I am getting all excited for the Mk VI. It's really been growing on me!

My nephew has a sweet GTI... Although I like the red better than his silver. European cars are generally worth the price premium. Plus they drive great and also Europeans know how to drive unlike American's with super-sized cup holders. Even so I buy domestic. I have never not recommended a European car if it fit someones needs and budget. Now I would lie I have said I have ever recommended a Toyota besides the 4Runner and Tacoma because I haven't. Edited by gm4life

QUOTE (fightingbee @ Oct 27 2008, 12:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I did have some Honda Del Sol driving ricer kid once tell me my '96 Saturn was cool becuase they're really Japanese cars. I had to remind them that with only one small exception years ago Tennessee was indeed still part of the US and what "95% domestic content" means.

Interesting...

I've seen someone mistake a customer cavalier for a civic....

QUOTE (MikeyMo84 @ Oct 24 2008, 11:40 AM)
btw physical size has nothing to do with penis size either...ive seen the skinniest scrawniest boys with HUGE ones and big tall muscular guys with TINY ones

not that im directly implying anything tho...just an observation ive made

I know... I was just trying to get under her skin. smilewide.gif

QUOTE (gm4life @ Oct 26 2008, 10:13 PM)
At least I don't drive a Prius that could be confused with a person making a smug "typically" liberal statement vehicle that it is. You know there is a big difference and in daylight it is very easy to tell the difference from the front or back on a Torrent. The Bonneville has a different profile and wheels and a chrome Bonneville badge out back so you know what it is. You prolly could confuse a Prius with a tree. I am glad you have two real cars made by great American compaines. neenerneener.gif Buy American. Also the extra cost of a Prius over a Focus or Cobalt and you will have hard time ever seeing your money back. I hate people buying cars so they feel like they are saving the world... unitedstates.gif camarosmile.gif

It's ok man..

Most imports can generally be confused for other imports all of the time... I mean, they're all bland, organic and awkward looking, so go figure.

Except for the Pious... It looks 'extra special' awkward and sad, much like it's drivers.

smilewide.gif

QUOTE (vonVeezelsnider @ Oct 26 2008, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
People will continue to buy what they want because hell it's their money. It's not a car that would ever be on my radar screen because it isn't a big American barge but that doesn't mean that I should slam people who buy the car they want now does it.

That's really all the "green argument" does anyway.

It:

1) Gives the elite another way to control the masses (Remember, only use what you need and leave the LUXURY of more energy to the elite that control you. For example: does Al Gore really practice what he preaches with his huge house, business, SUVs and planes?)

*Yes, I do subscribe to the Conflict Theory of Sociology* (Hate to use wikipedia, but I can't publicly post scholarly articles)

2) Gives those that discriminate (Mostly white upper class people) a reason to discriminate against you in ANY way they want and justify it for "the greater good" Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

QUOTE (FUTURE_OF_GM @ Oct 27 2008, 11:42 AM)
It's ok man..

Most imports can generally be confused for other imports all of the time... I mean, they're all bland, organic and awkward looking, so go figure.

Except for the Pious... It looks 'extra special' awkward and sad, much like it's drivers.

smilewide.gif

So true... Now lets kick some a$$. suburban.gif

QUOTE (MyerShift @ Oct 26 2008, 11:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't get it.

It isn't a gay looking car. No gay guy (other than Blckviper) would be caught dead in one.

But I still lust after the GTI, both the first/second gen and the current one.

Chris

QUOTE (FUTURE_OF_GM @ Oct 27 2008, 12:42 PM)
It's ok man..

smilewide.gif

Given that the planet has too many people fighting for too little space...isn't a car (like the Prius) that produces celebacy a GOOD thing?

Chris scratchchin.gif

QUOTE (Sixty8panther @ Oct 26 2008, 06:03 PM)
Apparently this old beat up, rusted Buick that looks as
if it survived two tours of duty in Afghanistan and two
dozen hailstorms is mistaken for a 9C1 Caprice quite
often, & I get asked all the time by kids and adults if it
IS or less often, WAS a Police car. tongue.gif

Don't ever restore that car, please. I love the "patina." Seriously.

Chris neenerneener.gif convertible.gif

QUOTE (MikeyMo84 @ Oct 26 2008, 06:52 PM)
you need truck nutz on the back of that thing

I've seen truck nutz on the back of a Miata, and on the back of Nash Metropolitan.

Chris convertible.gif

QUOTE (Sixty8panther @ Oct 26 2008, 09:07 PM)
I seen dem truk nuts the other day on a
Dodge Ram, the truk was blak but the
nutz was blu like a po-lice light, I thuink
it was been a few dayz since that Dodge
rammed a Toyo-dur Tah-coma.

Lord God Almighty, I'd hate to see the "love child" of THAT union.

Chris convertible.gif

QUOTE (66Stang @ Oct 27 2008, 01:57 PM)
Given that the planet has too many people fighting for too little space...isn't a car (like the Prius) that produces celebacy a GOOD thing?

Chris scratchchin.gif

Hmmm...maybe.. kind of the reverse of the Routan. Though everyone I know that has a Prius is married with child/ren.

I'd prefer the Suburban, myself.

Going back to our other thread...I'd really love one with a diesel. And that sweet Allison tranny. That would be the "A" ticket, methinks.

Chris

66, what are you talking about? The VW Rabbit has been the #1 researched new car over at www.Gaywheels.com for about a year now. I've owned a '92 Golf GL 2 door, two '98 Bugs, and an '00 GTI 1.8t. If my local dealership had a half-decent reputation for their service department, I would have seriously looked at a white '09 Rabbit 2 door this time.

QUOTE (66Stang @ Oct 27 2008, 05:02 PM)
Lord God Almighty, I'd hate to see the "love child" of THAT union.

Chris convertible.gif

The Toyota drank way too much wine while pregnant and the baby
came out with downs syndrome, you might have seen it actually,
they named it Honda Ridgeline.

(dear lord I really am going to hell for that joke blink.gif )

----

As far as the "Roadm0ster" it's an exercise in EXTREME
bargain basement, no attention given to cosmetics,
winter-beater turned daily driver bang/$$.

I bought the car for $200 & as lord is my witness the
TOTAL investment in it, when I install a brand new $67
heater core later this week, will be WAY under $500.

Not including oil changes, gasoline, & naturally
regisration & insurance.

BEAT THAT.

I should confess that some pro-bono floorboard patches
were done a few months ago... SpeedingPenguin got a
brand new welder for his birthday. If I had to pay for that
repair I'd probably be at $700+ since even the most
affordable welding shop would have asked for $200.

Annnd, before I forget, XP715 stayed at my house, in the
driveway until 2:30 am one morning to help me bleed the
brakes after I installed a few new brake lines. Now THAT
is a friend through thick and thin.

He left, I cleaned up, took a shower and drove off to UPS.

On ZERO hours, ney, minutes of sleep.

That was a long day. alcoholic.gif Edited by Sixty8panther

QUOTE (Sixty8panther @ Oct 27 2008, 09:37 PM)
The Toyota drank way too much wine while pregnant and the baby
came out with downs syndrome, you might have seen it actually,
they named it Honda Ridgeline.

(dear lord I really am going to hell for that joke blink.gif )

----

That's not fair to children with downs syndrome, the Ridgeline is uglier than that.

I have the brother of a former co worker that works in a local Honda dealership, apparently the "new Ridgeline" isn't selling at all. Go figure.

Chris

QUOTE (ocnblu @ Oct 27 2008, 06:36 PM)
66, what are you talking about? The VW Rabbit has been the #1 researched new car over at www.Gaywheels.com for about a year now. I've owned a '92 Golf GL 2 door, two '98 Bugs, and an '00 GTI 1.8t. If my local dealership had a half-decent reputation for their service department, I would have seriously looked at a white '09 Rabbit 2 door this time.

Serious?

I was half joking, but I know quite a few gey people and none drive VW's. scratchchin.gif

Chris

QUOTE (66Stang @ Oct 28 2008, 01:55 PM)
Serious?

I was half joking, but I know quite a few gey people and none drive VW's. scratchchin.gif

Chris

i know at least 7 gay guys around here with c-class benzes and a few with jeeps

oh and they seem to love the chrysler sebrings too...esp the 1st gens Edited by MikeyMo84

QUOTE (Chevy Nick @ Oct 29 2008, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm always amazed when people ask me if my Corvette is new. Sorry, it's 9 years old.

It is still a nice looking car!

Chris

• 4 weeks later...
Quit talking about your car, I cant quit laughing!
--An old friend

While out for lunch today, I kept making fun of the LeSabre, pointing out things like the wood wallpaper, the missing door handle, the purple window tint and the fact that it only took 3 tries to get it to start on a 19 degree morning.

QUOTE (FUTURE_OF_GM @ Oct 23 2008, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
got the "your cars just compensate for your small penis" speech from an uber hippie idiot (architecture seems to have a lot of these people)

Ain't that the truth? It's amazing how one could like, or be competent, at architecture and hate architects. It really attracts some weird ones, including its share of granolas.

Yes, this neighboring lady said that about a guy with the largest of the Ford trucks, with huge tires and Texas plates. I think he works in some type of construction endeavor 1/2 the time and is at the gym the other 1/2 of the time.

Comments for BOTH of my cars:
Others: Gee, it's a Buick, it must consume a lot of gas.
Me: Not really, it has a 6 cylinder engine.
Others: So, what do you get, about 17 to 20 miles per gallon?
Me: No, about 27 to 30 miles per gallon on the highway.
Others (eyes open wide): Reeeeaaaaalllllyyyyy????

• 1 month later...

Me: "What do you think my car looks like clean?"

Not me: "Crap"

And talk all the crap you want about the Prius, its been to the east coast and back, and piled up a ton of miles, but has only lost $1500 in value. Find me a GM that can average over 45mpg for nearly 20000 miles and maintain that kind of value. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Satty @ Jan 6 2009, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wait...Trina drives a Jag?

Trina could move to Virgina...and then put his Bone in a VA Jag.

That would solve problems right there.

(Bad play on words, and nut funny...but...)

Chris

QUOTE (ocnblu @ Jan 6 2009, 07:43 PM)
Good Lord. Uh... perhaps some of us prefer NOT to hear about Bobbi's bone? Ya think???blink.gif

I'd rather hear about his Jaguar. Didn't know he was into British cars...

(Just kidding, Bob.)

Chris