ocnblu

Next Year's Model, All-New for 2010

55 posts in this topic

Yes, it's frigid out. But that doesn't mean we have to endure a shrinkage of cool car spottings. What have you seen out there? Post it!

Gold Terrain, leaving a house close to me that used to harbor an old Vue in its driveway.

Gold Terrain, leaving a house close to me that used to harbor an old Vue in its driveway.

Neighbor down the street who's had a fire engine red late model Envoy for a while, now brought a maroon Terrain home to be its little brother. Nice driveway, even if I don't like the colors on either.

Went for a spin today to check out some of my latest work in houses being built, then to the GM dealer in Lewes since they're closed. Several other people--including a Honda Element checking out new Enclaves--had the same idea.

1) Last new Pontiac. 2009.5 (has the interior updates) GXP in Dark Steel Gray with Light Taupe 2-tone leather. Call me crazy, but I've loved it since it appeared, batwing & all. Wish I could buy it, with the crazy deals, for a 2nd runabout. Second G6 I drove was a GXP coupe back in 2008, and I wanted one since then, even after my lemon GT situation. The color combo certainly makes this one pop.

Image00001.jpg

2) Camaro 2SS. Red Jewel with Beige leather (the last 2 they ordered have been beige interior equipped), the first time I've seen it and I like it. I'd take this car too, just would have to remove the grotesque GM accessories billet fuel door. Bleh.

Image00002.jpg

3) Camaro 2LT. Imperial Blue with Beige leather, again. Like mom's, as a 2LT, but no RS and that makes a big difference, but still very nice with the polished 19's, sunroof, and beige leather.

Image00003.jpg

Image00004.jpg

4) Canyon regular cab in Gray Green. I don't know what it is, but between the new colors--this is the BEST, period--new wheels and other touch ups, these small trucks have been looking terrific in the past couple of years. This one was parked off to the side and caught my eye immediately, especially the color--really pops, even if the pics make it look drab.

Image00005.jpg

Image00006.jpg

I parked my G8 by the red Camaro & gray G6 and someone was eyeing it when I walked across the lot...no, you can't have it :AH-HA:

Caddycruiser, you are so much like Eve holding out the apple. Evil, evil man. You know I dream of a 2010 GMT355 regular cab in that color. Why must you taunt me so?:AH-HA:

PS: I like that color combo on the G6 GXP, gray and tan looks good together.

Caddycruiser, you are so much like Eve holding out the apple. Evil, evil man. You know I dream of a 2010 GMT355 regular cab in that color. Why must you taunt me so?:AH-HA:

PS: I like that color combo on the G6 GXP, gray and tan looks good together.

I know! I was looking at the G6 & Camaro, looked over and WHOA...immediately thought of you before I even started over. It was just perched there for a reason. You wouldn't mind the 2.9L I-4, would ya...well...and 2wd? :smilewide:

Well hmm... it would make a great little runabout truck for flat, temperate climates like Lewes, DE, but I have to have something small but super-spunky, like myself :AH-HA: The 3.7L, 4X4 with G80 positraction, Chevy with tan interior is what I have in mind. I've decided on Chevy because since the regular cab has black handles and mirrors, it would look better with the body-color bumpers... sort of like a little bulldog ex-Army truck in that color. Butch!

Well hmm... it would make a great little runabout truck for flat, temperate climates like Lewes, DE, but I have to have something small but super-spunky, like myself :AH-HA: The 3.7L, 4X4 with G80 positraction, Chevy with tan interior is what I have in mind. I've decided on Chevy because since the regular cab has black handles and mirrors, it would look better with the body-color bumpers... sort of like a little bulldog ex-Army truck in that color. Butch!

I like your style, rather it be in a Cobalt or a Colorado :AH-HA:

Another one that just had me LAUGHING hysterically and other drivers around me chuckling & pointing...

A black '04ish Corvette (local car, too...never seen it before though) that was stock except for one addition--a set of those big fleshy balls dangling between the 2 center exhaust tips :AH-HA:

Awesome, hah, cruising down Rt. 1. I wish I could have seen who was driving it...

Edited by caddycruiser

Prolly somebody really cool. Big fleshy balls dangling FTW!:lol:

Honda Crosstour in white, it isn't nearly as hideous as you all make it out to be.

Went to the movies today, saw the black on black '90s Cutlass convertible again, top down. Really clean car. Saw a gorgeous white '65 Mustang convertible, top down also. Pretty quiet day otherwise.

Last night, New Year's Day, on the same major north-south boulevard where I seem to "spot" all the cars:

A beautiful 2006 or 2007 white Monte Carlo LT with the upturned spoiler and the 5-spoke 17" machined alloy wheels, identical to the one I would have bought. As it turned left onto this major street in front of me, its fluid lines grabbed my attention.

Regardless, I am happy with the decision to purchase the LaCrosse with its highly touted powertrain.

Platinum White Tri-Coat '10 Taurus Limited...I've been unsure of the butts on these things, and I still am a bit, but in traffic and against so many other new or recent cars, it had great presence. The big blue oval doesn't help, but still. Nice car.

taurus-butt.jpg

Saw a bright red w/ black interior '68 Shelby GT500KR convertible (rollin' top down on a sunny Sunday afternoon) and a bright red w/ black stripes '70 Chevelle SS, both minty.

Brand new, shiny white/tan leatherette Jetta TDI Sportwagen manual with massive sunroof... in our employee parking lot. Complete with new-style front end and all. Now I'm dying to find out who's it is!

Brand new, shiny white/tan leatherette Jetta TDI Sportwagen manual with massive sunroof... in our employee parking lot. Complete with new-style front end and all. Now I'm dying to find out who's it is!

Scope it out...scope it out...I hate when co-workers get new cars and don't tell me or anyone about it :AH-HA:

Saw a '95-96 Caprice in gold today that looked showroom fresh, all original. Nice to see one of these that's not trashed or donked or modified into a faux Impala SS.

Today started out seeing a black '46 Cadillac sedan followed by a silver '67 Sedan de Ville. On the way home, I was side-by-side with a red Solstice GXP coupe for a while. When it turned off of US-1 in College Park, a black G8 GXP pulled into traffic to replace it.

Prolly somebody really cool. Big fleshy balls dangling FTW!:lol:

Someone should make plastic vaginas for Toyota drivers to stick on their rear bumpers.

Someone should make plastic vaginas for Toyota drivers to stick on their rear bumpers.

Ahahaha...

Just sitting in traffic at a red light, and looking around me, 4 ladies in an Acura TSX behind the ball'd Vette & beside me were looking and chuckling, others in a minivan were pointing and I think trying to distract the back seat kids...just perfect. Add a vag to a Toyota, one typically going 37mph in a 55 with Dilbert behind the wheel and ta-da...good idea :AH-HA:

Edited by caddycruiser

Saw a couple nice GM oldies today...a very clean, unrestored-looking '83-84 Monte Carlo SS in white w/ dk blue interior and a silver '71-72 Ventura II in silver w/ large Pro Touring/G-Machine style wheels (aluminum rims, black spokes). Very sharp.

'70 Cutlass hardtop, blue w/ blue bumpers, driver condition, growling fiercely as it drove by twice.

'63 Chevy II 4-dr sedan, dark blue over med, stock & nice, driving.

'62 Belvedere 2-dr sedan, white w/ a jaunty red insert at the beltline, 3-spd on the column, exc, parked @ gas station.

in all my slack jawed disbelief i watched as a prius passed a mitsu 3000gt on the 2 lane rd in front of my house.

Did you go out there and offer to call a tow truck for the 3000GT guy? Because his car was obviously broke down for that to happen.:AH-HA:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor