Drew Dowdell

HUMMER SHELVED!

28 posts in this topic

HUMMER SHELVED!

GM Confirms Hummer Sale Dead

post-51-12670416476103.png

DETROIT General Motors today announced that Sichuan Tengzhong Heavy Industrial Machines Co., Ltd. (Tengzhong) was unable to complete the acquisition of HUMMER. As a result, GM will begin the orderly wind-down of the HUMMER operations.

"One year ago, General Motors announced that we were going to divest HUMMER, as part of focusing our efforts on Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac going forward. We have since considered a number of possibilities for HUMMER along the way, and we are disappointed that the deal with Tengzhong could not be completed," said John Smith GM vice president of corporate planning and alliances. "GM will now work closely with HUMMER employees, dealers and suppliers to wind down the business in an orderly and responsible manner."

GM will continue to honor HUMMER warranties, while providing service support and spare parts to current HUMMER owners around the world.

All the pre-bankruptcy posturing GM did was just to get the financing. They got it, and who cared about what else happened after that.

Seems like a better thing from a PR standpoint. At least they also won't have to give any tech info to the Chinese... even if the Chinese wouldn't bother getting it legally and would just take apart what ever they want to manufacture for themselves.

LOLOLOL__________________________________LOLOLOL____________________________LOLOLOL

LOLOLOL_____________________________LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL_____________________LOLOLOL

LOLOLOL_________________________LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL_______________LOLOLOL

LOLOLOL______________________LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL___________LOLOLOL

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL_______________LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL_____________LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL___________________LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL___________________LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL________________________LOLOLOL__________________________LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Good riddance. Sadly, the only one that really mattered was shuttered... (Pontiac).

IDK TED we haven't heard a peep for so long I had a bad feeling :nono:

I think alot of us saw this coming but didn't want to admit it.

Somewhere, a steroid abusing muscle bound man with shrunken testies sheds a tear for he can no longer buy something to be able to compensate for it.

Somewhere, a steroid abusing muscle bound man with shrunken testies sheds a tear for he can no longer buy something to be able to compensate for it.

Actually I think Mark McGwire drives a Suburban.

And all the hip hop felon banger-wannabees will have to settle for Escalades...

rotflmao.gif

I'm happy the deal didn't happen, but sad to see Hummer go. I hope there is still a way to get keep it alive.(and american owned)

Edited by wskikevin

Again, this is where it would be nice if GM could manage some of the brands as brands instead of divisions. Offer up one or two Hummer models when the market wants them and just sell them at a Chevy or GMC dealer. Market dries up, kill 'em off, but without any of the major expense that comes with closing a division. Few years later demand is back? Bring them back. Same for Olds, Saturn, Pontiac, etc, etc.

Anyway, I'd rather Hummer be dead than Chinese.

I think that man goes to my gym. I overheard him in the locker room yesterday describing how he was jumping curbs in his H2 for the fun of it during Tuesday's snowstorm, and a cop tried to pull him over. He jumped some more curbs to escape from the cop.

I think that man goes to my gym. I overheard him in the locker room yesterday describing how he was jumping curbs in his H2 for the fun of it during Tuesday's snowstorm, and a cop tried to pull him over. He jumped some more curbs to escape from the cop.

Him-Duuuude Check out this beast its got 52" of ground clearence check out the SERIOS off roading

passenger- douuuud thats grass

Him- i no right

pass.-ya thats...

BADASS!!!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor