Car Spotting

LosAngeles

2006 Trailblazer. I had to do a double take because I thought it was a new Tahoe.

Lincoln Mark LT crew cab. Looked like some F-150 owner got a $1500 gift certificate to JC Whitney for his birthday. Not very impressive at all.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw an old lady driving a really nice '79 Grand Prix on the way to visit my father at the shop this morning. Y'know, the ones with the separated lights and extra skinny grille. Also a few houses down from the shop a guy's had a '76ish LJ in his side yard for damn near forever; what a neat looking car that is.

my local dealers have finally gotten some qmt-900's in. the tahoe looks as good as in pictures, the yukon actually looks much better, the nose isn't so goofy in person. and they have a solstice, it is sharp. btw, has anyone else noticed the buick terraza has 6 lug rims?

Seen a little bit this month (forgotten more than I can remember)...including:

-pearl white Flying Spur

-sky blue Gremlin with white stripes

-Ford Crown Vic with hydraulics, doing all the hopping and three wheel motion stuff (might be hope for this car in the hood yet)

-another Mazda5 today

Another new 9-5, surprisingly... this time a grey wagon. Also a new M5, driven like a stereotypical BMW driver. It did sound nice, though.

what is the stereotype? saw a new M5 today from behind only, looked pretty good, from behind....

have yet to see a new 9-5

I see GTOs about as often as I see all Pontiacs in LA, which is very rarely, but sporadically every now and then, not daily but every few days....and i've been noticing a lot more G6s lately.

I saw a grubby white Lucerne this morning (winter gunk all over it). It was -9 and sunny out at 7:30 when we went out for breakfast. Unusually cold for Denver. I saw an equally grubby yellow Solstice (only the 2nd one I've seen on the streets).

I saw a sharp gray M45 3 times today--same car, in 3 different areas at different times.

My first '07 Yukon with 20s yesterday at the dealership. Doesn't look as bad in person as in pictures, resembles a big Envoy from the front. The saleskid was a waste, blathering the usual "line".

Local VW dealership is ruining all of their GTIs and GLIs with stupid flat black painted hoods with red pinstripes... supposedly to correspond with the grilles. Then they're slapping $600 surcharges on the stickers. Anything to gouge the customer... and in this case, to destroy the looks of perfectly fine, brand new vehicles.

Local VW dealership is ruining all of their GTIs and GLIs with stupid flat black painted hoods with red pinstripes... supposedly to correspond with the grilles.  Then they're slapping $600 surcharges on the stickers.  Anything to gouge the customer... and in this case, to destroy the looks of perfectly fine, brand new vehicles.

That's horrible... it's not a Civic, damnit!

What I've seen since I last posted.

-Carrera GT

-orange Murielago

-black Diablo

-Flying Spur

-Lancer rally car on a trailer

-numerous late model Ferraris (that I don't know the name of)

*Another B9 (maybe the nice interior makes up for the horrid exterior?)

*A new ML500 (I'm warming up to these...)

*A riced-up 4th-gen Maxima complete with Altezzas, airplane wing and blue flame outline "graphics"

*A couple Infiniti Ms

*Two trailers of new VWs (mostly Passats)

Just remembered one more:

*A Subaru WRX wagon with "Gay Guy" written in dirt on the tailgate. :confused0071:

Edited by Variance

I went to a car show today, got a great haul including a few never-before-seens, old and new. There were several 1st-gen Camaros, a few second, plenty of Sting Rays and Stingrays, a few Mustangs, my favorite of which was a white '69 Mach 1 :wub:, several classic trucks including a Studebaker Champ, a De Tomaso Pantera, a boattail Riviera, an MG, and even a Honda 600. I was tempted to put it in the trunk of my car and take it home with me.

As far as new stuff, there were only two real ones of note. There was a gray Solstice, the first I've seen, sitting appropriately beside an immaculate red Fiero. I must say, the interior looks much better in person than in press photos. The other was a Noble M12. Wicked car.

All in all, a very good day. I really wanted to kick myself, though, because I forgot my camera. Oh well, some other show, some other day. I did get a pic of the 600 on my camera phone sitting next to a Monte Carlo, though. That car is so ridiculously tiny!

convertible geo metro. didnt even knew they existed.

And a Camo car most likely a pontiac G5 or Pursuit whatever they are calling it. same head lights as a colbalt but the tails looked different.

Friggin' four '07 S550s today, and one red '07 Camry SE.

I saw an '07 S550 yesterday. Also a previous-gen S500 coupe, and two new ML500s.

And three different solstices on the road.

I think the new design S is horrible.

It's better in person than I thought it'd be, but it's not as elegant as the previous-gen models.

-RBB