Sign in to follow this  
99camaroSS

2007 Dodge Nitro

Chrysler Group today announced the 2007 Dodge Nitro — the first mid-size sport-utility vehicle from the Dodge brand."The Dodge Nitro's styling delivers something extra; that little something mid-size buyers are still searching for — attitude," said George Murphy, Senior Vice President - Global Marketing. "In addition, the Dodge Nitro offers many features that are not typical of a mid-size SUV, such as two V-6 engines, 20-inch tires and chrome-clad aluminum wheels and a performance suspension." Engine choices include V6 engines at 210 and 255-horsepower.

Three models are available: Dodge Nitro, Dodge Nitro SLT and Dodge Nitro R/T. Available on the Dodge Nitro and Dodge Nitro SLT is a 3.7-liter SOHC V-6 engine. It produces 210 hp (157 kW) @ 5,200 rpm and 235 lb.-ft. (319 Nm) @ 4,000 rpm. The Dodge Nitro R/T features a new 4.0-liter V-6 engine that delivers 255 hp (190 kW) @ 5,800 rpm and 275 lb.-ft. torque (360 Nm) @ 4,000 rpm. Standard on the Dodge Nitro R/T and optional on the Nitro SLT is a new performance suspension and 20-inch tires and chrome-clad aluminum wheels, providing performance-oriented drivers with fun-to-drive handling and a firm ride.

Three transmissions — one manual and two automatic — will be offered. The Dodge Nitro comes with a standard six-speed manual or optional four-speed automatic. The Dodge Nitro SLT has a standard four-speed automatic. The Dodge Nitro R/T has a standard five-speed automatic. All U.S. models offer 4×2 and 4×4 capability. The new mid-size SUV boasts excellent acceleration, braking, handling and towing capacity of 5,000 lbs. when properly equipped. Standard on the Dodge Nitro SLT and Dodge Nitro R/T is a new Chrysler Group feature, the LOAD 'N GO cargo floor that slides 18 inches rearward for easy and convenient loading and unloading of packages, and can hold up to 400 pounds. It is made of a heavy-duty plastic for easy cleaning. A compact utility table is an available option on the Dodge Nitro model.

The Dodge Nitro also includes many standard safety features, including Electronic Stability Program, Anti-lock Brake System, Electronic Roll Mitigation and side-curtain airbags.

Available options include a DVD-based navigation system with traffic data update, rear-seat DVD entertainment system, AM/FM/6-disc/DVD/MP3 audio with premium speakers with a subwoofer, remote start, UConnect, and Sirius Satellite Radio

SOURCE: LEFTLANENEWS.COM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

*snort*It...*snort**giggle*...

:lol: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Remember when Dodge trucks looked good?

By the way, Dodge doesn't know their own history? Their first midsize SUV was the old Durango.

Dodge also doesn't know their size class-this is still a compact, not mid-size SUV. Good move on NOT offering a 4-cylinder engine, something they shouldn't have bothered with the Liberty the first time anyway.

Like I just said in the Combustion Chamber, I like it, especially in black with the 20" rim package. When is it out?

I love it, though the interior should not be the same as the one in the Caliber. At least DCX has changed its HVAC controls.

The exterior is awesome. It grabs your attention and does not look like anything else on the market.

The exterior is fine except for the front end. I suppose that's the point, but I find it hideous being flat. Its like they're trying extra hard to force that grille onto everything.

*snort*It...*snort**giggle*...

:lol: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

By the way, Dodge doesn't know their own history? Their first midsize SUV was the old Durango.

Wasn't the first Dodge branded <though mitusbishi built> mid-sized SUV the Raider?

or would have have been considered a compact?

Its just as akward as the jeep commader...scale its all about scale with certan styling cues Hummer gets it right, Dodges all have a pig look from the charger to the durango. even the ram. I'll take the crd liberty anyday over this thing

NO! :ph34r:

All joking aside this thing needs a paper bag.

So I guess ugly is officially a DCX trait now?

Uhmm, I really don't see why everyone on this board finds it so ugly. I really like it; the black one especially. There is a reason the Liberty is the number one selling vehicle in its class, so GM fans should treat this as good competition and not just blow it off as just some ugly truck.

It looks alright, apart from the chrome around the headlights (the concept looked much better without it) and the rear looks exactly like the H3. The interior is better than recent Chryslers, but it's nothing special. I suspect most buyers will be people who were gonna get a Liberty anyway.

Uhmm, I really don't see why everyone on this board finds it so ugly.  I really like it; the black one especially.  There is a reason the Liberty is the number one selling vehicle in its class, so GM fans should treat this as good competition and not just blow it off as just some ugly truck.

To me, when I see this...

Posted Image

I immediately think of this...

Posted Image

...and to me, the Pathfinder looks cleaner and more refined. The Nitro looks like Dodge took the Pathfinder, beefed up the fender flares, watered down the sides and rear, outlined the headlights in trim and slapped a Dodge grille on the front.

I find the front design to be entirely unappealing.

I truly think DCX is shooting itself in the foot by trying so hard to be different. Distinctive product is essential in today's automotive market, but from a styling standpoint, it's almost as if they've lost sight of what makes a design appealing. Yes, the Imperial, Compass and Caliber (among others) will turn heads, but I'm not sure it'll be for the right reasons.

Moreover, the blocky design language that's become a prerequisite for DCX designs has quickly gotten old IMO.

I'm a fan of the cab-forward shapes. They seemed sort of futuristic to me. I own one now. Having worked at Arby's when they were running that campaign about being differnet, or something, always remember: Different isn't neccesarily better.