Camino LS6

What car was hot

51 posts in this topic

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I have yet to pin down my year here, so in observance of that tradition, suffice it to say: the GTO. ;)

1961_Chevrolet_Impala_SS.jpg

Mind you this model year was introduced in my birth year :AH-HA:

Bathy I had you pegged as older than I you've done a lot of homework :smilewide:

Bathy I had you pegged as older than I you've done a lot of homework :smilewide:

Some call it a chronic sickness.... ;)

Admission of guilt: I just wanna hump that '61 Chevy. That is one of the nicest asses ever put on a car.

Solon08%20003_.jpg

295115_f520.jpg

But what I know most about my birth year is that there was no Corvette produced for sale for that MY. :scratchchin:

Lots of great cars in my birth year....kind of the high point of the muscle car era.. too many to choose from---Buick GSX, Olds W30 442, Chevelle SS 454, Pontiac GTO Judge, Hemi Cuda, Hemi Challenger R/T, Mustang Mach 1, Boss 302, Boss 429, Cougar Eliminator, Torino GT, Torino Cobra, Mercury Cyclone, etc.....plus the 1st of the 2nd gen Camaro and Firebird.

Here's one in particular I like from '70.

mump_0611_01z+1970_ford_mustang_mach_1+drivers_side_view.jpg

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

What else...1965...hmmm..Mustang...GTO....still two of my fav. cars...

If you were born in a generous automotive year, just find a good pic of one example and post it up. It doesn't have to be the "ultimate" for the year, just a hot car from the year of your birth.

Yah, given his knowledge and areas of interest I had pegged him more around 55-65.

Yah, given his knowledge and areas of interest I had pegged him more around 55-65.

If everyone only took an interest in things from their lifetime, there'd be no History channel, no historians, no history classes, no museums and no recognition of past events, to name but a very few casualties to such a limited outlook. Everyone involved in those instances is likely to be studying things older than them, too- sometimes by thousands of years. Quite commonplace.

Besides, 'growing up' in the barren automotive wasteland that was the '80s, as a gearhead one was pretty much forced to appreciate vintage iron. WTH is one supposed to do with a -say- '85 Celebrity ??

Hope I don't look 55-65 yet :

balth1.jpg

wait a minit that's not you in your avatar?:smilewide:

wait a minit that's not you in your avatar?:smilewide:

Yeah, in his avatar, he definitely looks at least 60.. :)

Besides, 'growing up' in the barren automotive wasteland that was the '80s, as a gearhead one was pretty much forced to appreciate vintage iron. WTH is one supposed to do with a -say- '85 Celebrity ??

I get this completely, my contemporary gearhead friends all Hated new cars back then. It was all about finding the cleanest musclecar you could afford.

Edited by Camino LS6

I don't think there was anything good about 1978 :mellow:

Not the easiest year for this topic, you almost have to go to trucks or exotics.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor