The Help Camino Thread

Camino LS6

Once my toys are gone I'll be needing something other than my Silverado to drive.

I'm leaning toward a wagon (dog transporter) but I'd like it to be fun in one way or another.

So, wrack your brains and post your suggestions (with a pic if possible) No, 68, that doesn't mean an entire catalog-just one pic. :AH-HA_wink: Remember, I have dial-up.

Have fun with this thread, but be serious once in a while too. Jokes allowed but real suggestions appreciated.

Now go to it C&G!

If you're not tied to GM, I think the Dodge Magnum RT might do it for you. Otherwise, I like what I've read so far about the Trailblazer SS...maybe you can get a decent deal on one.

In all seriousness, I think this blows away any of the other choices:

Posted Image

Ooh, how could I forgot the classic Camry wagon? That blows my suggestions away. It has two rear windshield wipers; the $h!boxes I posted only have one. The Toyota is clearly far superior. 8)

I just thought of this, and I don't know what your price range is, but used 2004 SRXs might be an option. There are even a few V8 models on Autotrader (I searched the whole country because I don't know what ZIP code is near you) with less than 20k miles and under $30k.

Ok were talking a language here I understand.

Dog........large.......furry.......wet noses........wagons?..........NOT ! :lol:

We've had ours in the Ciera Cruiser but its NOT clean anymore when they get out :rolleyes:

Ill tell ya right now, if I could, I would seriously pursue a good condition VW Rabbit Pickup again, that truck was perfect for me. Great for dogs and enough room for the tools and supplies I need while getting 27+ mpg. The gas engine had plenty of power, even loaded.

BUT......I know thats not for you, so this is what you need to do

That old Vega wagon

welder, plazma cutter

reinforced frame, remove roof from front doors back, fabricate cab back and bed floor.

Put Buick GN running gear

call it

Vagino

Camino... You can't possibly get rid of your Firehawk can you? I'm still shocked that are. Are you sure this still isn't some sort of sick joke? I mean... how can you possibly get rid of your Firehawk?!?!? I'd sell my soul, if I had to... You can do that, can't you? Just don't get rid of it. :P

But if you must...

Posted Image

You must suffer!!!! Muahahahahaha!!!! *grins devilishly*

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

this way you got your, offroading hearse, your hot rod hearse, your "exotic" hearse, and the classic hearse, and you will get to run red lights, and everyone will move out of your lane...those are pretty good benefits

and of course this post would be meaningless with out this picture

Posted Image

And if you happen to have a spare $86,000, you could head down to your local Powell Motors dealership and pick up one of these:

Posted Image

Personally, I think it's a steal.

Five very serious suggestions. :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

A local used car dealer has a nice light blue over dark blue 2 door Yukon.  I've been thinking of checking it out.

In the Spring these will be at their cheapest, I always have my eye out for one with low miles and barn doors in back. Whatever I get will be cheap so I can be ready for a bigger purchase when the time comes. :AH-HA_wink:

B-body wagons go pretty cheap, but finding a low mileage example without the nasty woodgrain sides is kinda tough.

A fine old Chevelle wagon would probably make me happiest.

First, stay within the GM fold and don't be a deserter.

Regarding earlier Magnum RT posts, don't EVEN think about it. I was following one on the freeway yesterday and kept thinking how it looked like something in the process of being flattened for the wrecking yard. That car will look ridiculous in 5 years.

I say: a minivan of some sort if that doesn't jar your image (don't know you, so I throw out that caveat) as they are practical (animals, camping, ya da ya da), Trailblazer/Envoy/Rainier, but check C/R for engine choices and the related "dots." Don't go the Equinox/Torrent route as they have been faulted for ungainly handling and stability.

From earlier pics you posted, I like the "Firehawk."

First, stay within the GM fold and don't be a deserter.

Regarding earlier Magnum RT posts, don't EVEN think about it.  I was following one on the freeway yesterday and kept thinking how it looked like something in the process of being flattened for the wrecking yard.  That car will look ridiculous in 5 years.

I say:  a minivan of some sort if that doesn't jar your image (don't know you, so I throw out that caveat) as they are practical (animals, camping, ya da ya da),  Trailblazer/Envoy/Rainier, but check C/R for engine choices and the related "dots."  Don't go the Equinox/Torrent route as they have been faulted for ungainly handling and stability.

From earlier pics you posted, I like the "Firehawk."

Thanks for the kind words about the Firehawk.

No minivans for me - ever.

Don't really like the TB/Envoy/Rainier

The back of the Magnum is way too small for my dogs. I actually like it, but it won't work.