Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Pontiac G6 Aluminum Dash

Bimmer325

Is it me or does the aftermarket aluminum dash installed in this G6 look suprisingly good? That one close up shot looks like it came straight from the factory! Though it could be a little more understated, I think it really dresses up the interior nicely!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pontiac-GT-...611215357QQrdZ1

You guys like this? :huh: I understand the G6 needs some brightwork but this looks excessive and horrible. I didn't like this treatment on the Cobalt or Equinox either. It looks stuck on... and it is, literally. I just don't see the appeal in this. Something like on the GTO looks sooooooooo much better.

I found it to be kinda bland before.... well laid out but too much black. The extra trimming seem to totaly complement the dash and instrument cluster.....

I love the stereo layout and the screen they put on there...has pontiac styling written all over it...

but seriously, aluminum trim: not overdone, very nice.

I didn't like this treatment on the Cobalt or Equinox either.

That could be why I like this so much. I :wub: the silver center stack on my Cobalt. In any case you have to like the level of detail that was put into the interior. I don't see any misaligned cutouts, or any seams that end up showing the color underneath. If that was your first exposure to the G6 interior, you'd swear it belonged there. :yes:

Wow, that's surprisingly decent. I wouldn't have the piece that surrounds the radio presets (or the lower center console or the driver's seat base), but the center stack trim really works. It'd be even nice if it looked more like brushed aluminum and less like spray-painted silver plastic. Even a darker "shadow" silver would be better, IMO.

BV, if it came between these two interiors...

Posted Image

Posted Image

...I know which one I'm taking. Just add the three-spoke wheel and I'd have no complaints with the first one.

Posted Image

Well, the second one, of course... In 2006 form (minus the wood). I see no need for such an excessive looking center stack. Ugh... I'd rather have all black than something that looks so out of place like it does. Again, I'd much rather have something like the GTO's center stack. But that? :lol: I might take my 95 GA's interior over that...

Posted Image

Well, the second one, of course... In 2006 form (minus the wood). I see no need for such an excessive looking center stack. Ugh... I'd rather have all black than something that looks so out of place like it does. Again, I'd much rather have something like the GTO's center stack. But that? :lol: I might take my 95 GA's interior over that...

Well that's a good picture... sadly, the GTP interior looks awful in person, IMO.

Well that's a good picture... sadly, the GTP interior looks awful in person, IMO.

Well I think it looks much better in person than any pics show, including that one. Still, I really dislike this center stack, regardless. Adding tacky silver-painted looking stick-ons makes it look worse, IMO. It just needs something like the GTO's with black piano finish inbetween applied to a design similar to the concepts. That sounds alot better than this could ever look...

It's definetly better than what you get from the factory, but it's overdone in some places. I don't like it on the seat, and I wouldn't put it all over the center console (around the gearshift is fine, though). As empowah said I wouldn't put it between the radio presets either, in fact I might just put it around all of the radio and HVAC controls and not have it between any of them, but I'd have to see how that looked.

I agree with BV that something like the GTO would be much better. I love my interior.

Well I think it looks much better in person than any pics show, including that one. Still, I really dislike this center stack, regardless. Adding tacky silver-painted looking stick-ons makes it look worse, IMO. It just needs something like the GTO's with black piano finish inbetween applied to a design similar to the concepts. That sounds alot better than this could ever look...

They claim it's metal.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/05-UP-PONTIAC-G6-FLEX-M...1QQcmdZViewItem

And why is this thread here? Isn't it supposed to be in the Pontiac forum?