ocnblu

What Would Caesar Augustus Drive?

I simply cannot believe it's August once again. This summer is going faster than a top fuel dragster. Post your hot August car spots here in this thread!

Saw a silver new Regal pulling out of the Buick store and one on the lot (also silver) this morning, and a clean light blue '73-74 Nova.

Late model, long body International Scout, painted Ford Tractor blue with no top, cruising.

Saw a strange one...a young blonde woman driving a white w/ red interior '75/76 Caddy Coupe de Ville in decent shape, but without the hood. I think I saw her driving this car a few months ago, but with a hood then...

Also saw two clean white w/ white top '81-91 Blazers..

Saw an odd one the other morning - a Lexus LS sitting along my road absolutely creamed by something big. It was hit in the rear and taillight lens schrapnel was all over the road - so it almost had to have been parked there when hit.

Not a soul around, no cops, no one checking out the damage.

I wonder if it was a hit and run. I hate the car, but that would be a grim sight to wake up to.

A tan '80 Dodge Aspen on side of the freeway this morning w/ a flat tire.

A very clean triple brown '76 Caprice 4dr sedan w/ '80s style slotted mag wheels.

This was a few weeks ago, but Camino's post triggered the memory--

a dark green w/ white stripes '70-73 Camaro w/ RS nose and L88 hood on the side of the road w/ the front tires on a two-wheel trailer. I wonder what happened to the truck or whatever that was pulling the trailer..the car was too nice to leave abandoned on the side of a busy freeway.

'91 Caprice without emblems or side moldings, with black steelies and dog dish hubcaps. Dark tinted windows. Mean sounding engine. Owned by a young guy. When he opened the doors you could see by the jambs, the car was originally light blue.

'91 Caprice without emblems or side moldings, with black steelies and dog dish hubcaps. Dark tinted windows. Mean sounding engine. Owned by a young guy. When he opened the doors you could see by the jambs, the car was originally light blue.

Reminds me of a couple of 'em here at work, one a '91-92 and another a '94-96..both white Caprices, likely ex-cop cars w/ spotlights, no door side moldings. One has steelies w/ DDs, the other '90s style directial mags (that one has aftermarket gauges on the dash and a rear wing).

R

What made you Type R there at the end of yer post?

What made you Type R there at the end of yer post?

ah...I'm used to putting my initial (R for Rob) at the end of my emails, text messages, etc. Force of habit thing, I guess..

R

Saw a 1st gen Infiniti G35 in silver w/ faded/peeling paint, one front fender primered, scuffed plastic bumpers..odd to see a car that recent so worn out looking.

Saw 3 Lucernes in traffic last evening, incl. one w/ a rooftop ski/bike rack and a driver that appeared to be no more than 30. Shocking.

OK, a late-model red MGB convertible in great shape. First CTS wagon I've seen on the road. And I drove by the dealerships and saw a red 2 and a red Sportage. I'll prolly go back tomorrow and stick my nose to the glass on those.

Bunch of pristine Buicks including GNX, Lesabre, and among others riding merrily on I-4, seemed like a Buick rally going on in C-FL.

Pearl white '11 Mazda 2, fresh off the truck to our lot. Fiesta shared platform aside, looks & feels like a smaller car. First one we got, last night.

Yesterday, driving to my mom's hometown (in the middle of nowhere), passed a white CTS-V and a silver Panamera.

On the way back, passed a Ferrari 599.

Saw a really clean bright red '70 Malibu 350 2dr yesterday, had '68-69 style Rally wheels w/ dog dish style center caps.

Today on the freeway, saw an unusual matte dark red Chrysler 300C wagon w/ blacked out chrome, large black wheels...sinister looking.

Saw a solid '69 Mustang sportsroof in dark primer gray on the freeway, looked very straight, a resto project in progress I assume.

Black Pontiac G6 GTP coupe, with the sweet looking 18" rims and blacked-out windows. Very rakish. I thought it looked hot.

Followed a silver '95/96 Roadmaster Limited home for a big chunk of the drive. Seeing less & less & less of these, rarely from the rear so the view intrigued me. Older lady, but from stops & on straightaways, she had that LT1 roaring...not the typical older driven by an older Buick everyone is used to following.

IMG_3634.jpg

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook