Our Well-Respected Members

NOS2006

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Uhhhhhh...no person who is a member of a fraternity ever calls it a "frat" as that is a derisive slang term. The point of my post was to say that the logic is that you love your country, so would you shorten "country" to "####"? No. And no I didn't make that up...that's something you will hear from Greeks and Greek alumni if you say "frat" in their presence.

so would you shorten "country" to "####"?  No.  And no I didn't make that up

OMG. Out of control! :lol:

I'll have to apply that to other irritating abbreviations that come my way!

Hmmm...not to sound like a suck-up, but I would have to say about everyone.

I think it's good to learn and have an open mind about stuff...and I have learned quite a bit here.. :)

I also tend to have quite the opinion on stuff....sometimes pro-GM, sometimes not.

I just assume people think I'm crazy or something.... :stupid::pbjtime::yes:

I respect everyone here...

I admit, I'm a type A personality so I ALWAYS love a good challenge! I harass people sometimes about their thoughts, but that doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of whether I like/respect them or not, even when it gets a little personal...

In fact, I think disagreement and conflict, especially in a community like this, is constructive and educational. It opens your mind for a different perspective on things...

Anyway, not to ramble, but we have a great group here for the most part; love us or hate us.

Agreed. :cheers:

P.S.

Ocnblu: I'm going to drive down to PA again just to shake your hand & buy you a Beer. :)

Uhhhhhh...no person who is a member of a fraternity ever calls it a "frat" as that is a derisive slang term.  The point of my post was to say that the logic is that you love your country, so would you shorten "country" to "####"?  No.  And no I didn't make that up...that's something you will hear from Greeks and Greek alumni if you say "frat" in their presence.

I get your logic. Believe it or not, "getting it" and "agreeing with it" don't have to go hand in hand. I personally think that trying to tie frat with #### is way too much of a stretch, but I get what you're saying. For another example, I'm sure that you got that I was just being a smartass, as you obviously don't refer to fraternities so casually, but instead you chose to take offense to my calling it a frat, a term I haven't ever associated with such a derogatory connotation.

I get your logic.  Believe it or not, "getting it" and "agreeing with it" don't have to go hand in hand.  I personally think that trying to tie frat with #### is way too much of a stretch, but I get what you're saying.  For another example, I'm sure that you got that I was just being a smartass, as you obviously don't refer to fraternities so casually, but instead you chose to take offense to my calling it a frat, a term I haven't ever associated with such a derogatory connotation.

Croc and Enzora:

Not taking sides in this one. I will point out what I have heard.

My h.s. friend who went to my undergrad alma mater (you know, that nameless :censored: facsimile of a Catholic country club :lol:), along with 25% of my high school class( :nono: ), joined the "bad boy" fraternity. He would refer the off-campus domicile as the "frat house" and so would others of their respective houses. Maybe it's different at Southern Cal. And you know, So Cal is abbreviation wonderland - every damn public high school on the West Side's name was truncated - Pali, Samohi, Hami, Uni, etc. so using the term "frat" wouldn't be a stretch. I never saw this as derisive until it becomes "frat rat" or something along those lines.

You'll love this one. My lack of discretion once inadvertently slammed at how extremely invested this friend was in being in this particular fraternity... we were talking and I once mused "well, you're kind of a token X-X-X." That did not go over well. Needless to say, that is one college friend I lost contact with. B.F.D.

Heh no I didn't take offense...Just pointing out that I'm a member of a fraternity and not a beer-drinking, pledge-hazing frat boy. I was really being tongue-in-cheek.

As for the "####" thing, well it's a real saying the alumni use, dunno what to tell you...I personally think it's hilarious.

Heh no I didn't take offense...Just pointing out that I'm a member of a fraternity and not a beer-drinking, pledge-hazing frat boy.  I was really being tongue-in-cheek.

Hmm, I can see how one might find that stigma a tad bit offensive, but as you've said yourself, that's a problem that's neither representative of nor limited to fraternities.

Well, if someone joking says, "Ah, a frat boy, eh?" and one retorts with "No. Fraternity member. Would you call a country a ####?"...not a good intro.

Come on, Fly, if you want to argue with Croc, you need to wait in line like everyone else. No special moderator priveleges! :P

Between this thread and the ones discussing the departure of Ah-ha, I'm so glad nobody here knows who I am.

Peter Egan? 8)

NOS: you're hurtin my feelings. I expect a full apology and a retraction! :P

How about David E. Davis Jr.? :mellow: or maybe Angus MacKenzie?

Some others i that i forgot to mention are Ocnblu, Sixty8, NOS (even tho he is not that much older.), and more recently Triniacriabob-ino more recently. Ill admit scrolling through a topic just to see what u had to say. lol

and more recently Triniacriabob-ino more recently. Ill admit scrolling through a topic just to see what u had to say. lol

That's cool, Chargerino. :thumbsup: I appreciate the thought! And "Viva Las Vegas!" (3 more days and counting....)

The point of my post was to say that the logic is that you love your country, so would you shorten "country" to "####"?

Considering country would shorten up to "count"... Silly Croc. :P

Would you call your crocodile a croc?

No, croco.

Some others i that i forgot to mention are Ocnblu, Sixty8, NOS (even tho he is not that much older.), and more recently Triniacriabob-ino more recently. Ill admit scrolling through a topic just to see what u had to say. lol

I don't think you've mentioned me yet, have you? If so... well... I'm special, I have an excuse. :D

Anyways, personally, I forgot to mention Cort. How could I have done that?

Oh yes... forgot about that, also because I'm special.

Damn, I wish I could have a failsafe excuse every time I did something dumb.

Oh wait, I'm a double major in psychology and sociology. I can rationalize responsibility away from anyone for anything.

:ohyeah:

I respect people who respect me.. wow according to this thread not alot.

But really I respect every ones opinion and thats what makes this multifan based site the best car site on the web. we have GM, Dodge, Ford, Honda, BMW fans that all give and share and fight.

Anyways, personally, I forgot to mention Cort. How could I have done that?

*chuckles*

NOS' quote for you aside, perhaps because I'm easily forgettable ... and don't post a heck of a lot ;). He he he

Thank you :). You, too, GM1!

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"I'm just out to find the better part of me" ... 5 For Fighting ... 'Superman'

I just assume people think I'm crazy or something....

LOL... Yep... Hell, they even try to give me links to Valium... (Too bad valium is used to treat anxiety instead of ANGER--which seems to be my problem)

Come on, Fly, if you want to argue with Croc, you need to wait in line like everyone else. No special moderator priveleges!

:rotflmao:

Or maybe an old car brand...

LOL... Nah, who'd come to an automotive forum and name themselves after a defunct car company???