What did you do to your ride today?

SAmadei

Few days late...

I replaced the headlight housings on the CR-V. The headlight restoration kits weren't cutting it anymore. It took years off the visual age of the car.

attachicon.gif2013-09-14 15.20.01.jpg

Drew that looks awesome, your right talk about taking years off when you have those yellowed covered headlights.

• 2 months later...

Stopped and got gas on the way to work...only 400 more miles to accumulate before the Jeep hits the big 150k milestone...went through the car wash last weekend, probably going to take it in for an oil change and service soon, go get the interior detailed. Taking the last two weeks of the year off, catch up on sleep and car/house tasks...

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Never got to the wheel hubs... ONLY after I was on the verge of pulling the old hub did the strut demonstrate that something is severely amiss in the top of the strut. *everything* gets returned to Autozone, and a big order will be placed to RockAuto... I'll probably get the parts just in time to do struts and hubs (the car lost a lug stud and the existing hubs seem to have 173K on them) in more sub-30 degree temps. Yay!

• 4 years later...
51 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

Got a LOF this morning.  Nice people at a new dealership I tried.

Sorry but LOF???? do you mean loss of frame and if so on what? This is a very cryptic post to me. :unsure:

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Sorry but LOF???? do you mean loss of frame and if so on what? This is a very cryptic post to me. :unsure:

LOF = lube, oil, and oil filter in old school parlance.  That's how they code the invoice at writing up the order.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

LOF = lube, oil, and oil filter in old school parlance.  That's how they code the invoice at writing up the order.

WOW, be used in your area as I never have seen that or heard of that in Seattle. But then here they just say Oil Change or OC. Interesting :scratchchin: LOF 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, dfelt said:

WOW, be used in your area as I never have seen that or heard of that in Seattle. But then here they just say Oil Change or OC. Interesting :scratchchin: LOF 

I actually heard of that shortcut jargon first in SoCal, though not in O.C.  In "Los An" itself.

• 5 months later...

Yesterday, the car received a new transmission fitting where the line comes in (or out) to being cooled.  There was a small leak that had been there for a while. 

No more drips.  Keeping my fingers crossed.  I like a clean concrete parking apron.

• 3 months later...
On 9/25/2013 at 12:32 PM, Robert Hall said:

Filled up with gas this morning

Put two new tires, an alignment and a full synthetic oil change into it yesterday. 

3 hours ago, ccap41 said:

Let's see a picture! 

I second this!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Left the CRV at PepBoys for the list that needs to be repaired on it. 

Methinks you need a newer better vehicle.

• Haha 1