Sign in to follow this  
Chris_Doane

29 posts in this topic

Wow that's differant. . . seems like the dakar is now reality.

I highly doubt that's authentic.

Maybe, but even so, considering the 4-door will basically be an extended version of the new Wrangler with a couple extra doors, the look can't be far off.

Guest YellowJacket894

Posted Image

It's alive!

Seriously, though, that looks very cool. Where did the photo come from? A brochure?

Posted Image

It's alive!

Seriously, though, that looks very cool. Where did the photo come from? A brochure?

the dakar is one of my most favorite concepts of all time.

the dakar is one of my most favorite concepts of all time.

What he said. The new 4-door Wrangler pic looks kind of strange, I guess the idea of a 4-door, soft top Wrangler is foreign to me.

I guess the idea behind the 4dr Wrangler is to make the rear seat more accessible/usable and give more rear legroom...(getting in and out of the back of a regular Wrangler can be a pain for adults)..

Once again, everything about the above image screams chop to me, regardless of whether or not the production model will look similar.

I was surprised to see the 4dr being a softtop (unlike the Dakar concept which had a fixed roof).I wonder if the doors are removable like the 2dr.

Now I want to see a Rubicon 4 door, with the top on. The tires look a bit small on "kermit".

Chopity chop chop chop! I seen the real deal last Friday on I-75 coming home from work, it was right by the Chrysler Tech Center going southbound. It looks good. I also have seen a few of the new Nitros running around. One of the Nitros I saw was broke down on the shoulder of I-75. There were a bunch of engineers standing outside of the vehicle all on their cell phones scratching their heads, it was really funny!

Very cool. I love the unconvetional & out-of-the-box factor.

The shadows look strange, and the proportions of the front and rear doors look strange.

Screams Adobe to me.

Yeah, press photos are routinely run through Photoshop, especially to change backgrounds, but also to tweak the image in other ways. The G6 GXP even had an auto interior tweaked with new trim and a manual transmission (but no clutch) all done "officially" in something like Photoshop.

The shadows look strange, and the proportions of the front and rear doors look strange.

Screams Adobe to me.

Once again, everything about the above image screams chop to me, regardless of whether or not the production model will look similar.

The new issue of World Of Wheels just came in by mail. The new 4-door wrangler is on the front cover. The article says 2007. So it's happening.

Edited by Polish_Kris