Sign in to follow this  
CreativeVision

Any upcoming changes for the Avalon?

Love the current Avalon, but can't buy until late 2007. Anyone know of any potential refreshes or complete model changes by the 2008 MY? What is the life cycle these days...4.5 years? So maybe 2009/2010 MY would be the new one.

The Avalon came out in mid(?) 2005 as an '05. Toyota's generation life span on the Avalon is sporadic. The first generation lasted six model years. The second only four. The 2008 Avalon could have the requisite mid-cycle refresh by then. I'm pretty positive a hybrid Avalon is in the works and would be available by then.

Free AARP membership and 10% off discount cards for old country buffet with purchase

and the Toyota sales person will even help you sign up for medicare plan B while they process your credit app.

lmao :pokeowned: :rotflmao:

Love the current Avalon, but can't buy until late 2007.  Anyone know of any potential refreshes or complete model changes by the 2008 MY?  What is the life cycle these days...4.5 years?  So maybe 2009/2010 MY would be the new one.

It will most likely have a 6spd by then and some slight styling changes.

Guest lance armstrong's Testicles

THIS IS A GM FANSITE

IF YOU ARE NOT THEN GET THE f@#k OUT

WE ONLY WANT GM FANS NOT THE REST OF THE f@#kING LOSERS

WE WILL INSULT YOU

THIS IS A GM FANSITE

WE WILL INSULT YOU

Shut up...it is MOSTLY a GM fansite, but there's "The Other Guys" thread here for a reason. If you don't have something productive or worthwhile to say, stay away.

As for the Avalon, my best guess would be just a few minor detail changes for '07 (maybe a new wheel design or two, and some colors). It already has the 3.5L that some other vehicles in the Toyota line are just getting, so it's the most current in that regard. They did just intro a new 6-spd auto with that engine on the Camry, so that might be a possibility.

But nothing really noticeable or major, I would assume, will change.

If you do purchase an Avalon you will not be let down. Great choice!

BTW, the ignore member function is a great feature.

THIS IS A GM FANSITE

WE WILL INSULT YOU

I'm not sure how good my translation skills are, but we're you trying to say you wanted to be banned? If so, that can be easily done, just let me know.

As for the Avalon, I guess it's okay. I don't like the little "doors" on the interior (that hide the buttons) or how the buttons remind me of the ones in old cell phones, but the materials are pretty good. I would never buy one simply because I wouldn't be able to stand the doors and buttons.

I'm not sure how good my translation skills are, but we're you trying to say you wanted to be banned? If so, that can be easily done, just let me know.

As for the Avalon, I guess it's okay. I don't like the little "doors" on the interior (that hide the buttons) or how the buttons remind me of the ones in old cell phones, but the materials are pretty good. I would never buy one simply because I wouldn't be able to stand the doors and buttons.

You know what I always found funny? Those doors thathide the controls. The Navigator has them but it gets knocked cuz "they look cheap" but on the Avalon they're praised since "they hide teh buttons and create a clean look" Go figure.

I loved the control-hiding doors on the Navigator. I think it looks classy and clean. The updated Nav got rid of them and I think the interior looks a lot worse.

I'm not a fan of the Avalon's design, inside or out, but it's easy to see why it's so appealing. It's got power, economy, room, value, and more.

Love the current Avalon, but can't buy until late 2007.  Anyone know of any potential refreshes or complete model changes by the 2008 MY?  What is the life cycle these days...4.5 years?  So maybe 2009/2010 MY would be the new one.

The Avalon's interior does sorta suck. The drawers are a pain, buttons are small and hard to press. There is tacking fake wood all over the place.

The Camry interior is world's better. Unless you seriously need the room or HID's, get the Camry instead, IMO.

Avalon has to be the most ponderous thing Toyota builds. It looks like an old American boat slapped on a too narrow chassis. I'm no fan of Toyota, but nothing else they build has such oddball proportions. It seems like one strange case of Toyota trying to build a car by American design standards and failing miserably. Much like the domestics do when they attempt to build something in a Japanese fashion. This car is another example of why domestic and import brands alike should stick to their own design language.

Its not as if the Avalon is all that roomy or spacious either. The trunk is pathetic for a car its size and design

The trunk may be small, but the interior feels HUGE.

you love it? why? I can see liking it fo it's good quality...but loving it? it's not pretty and it's not sprty at all. :lol2:

Yep, I do love it. IMO, great styling interior room, Toyota quality, and features for the money. I disagree that this car is not sporty. It may appear that way to most as this is typically holds the mindset as the equivalent of a Buick for Toyota. But if you are a customizer with any creative ability(like me) you can make the car a real attention getter without being Ricey and making it lose its class. Guess I have more vision than you in this regard and can see some great potential to take an unassuming and not-so-typical car and do something wonderful with it.

Besides my original question had nothing to do with asking your opinion of the Avalon.

Free AARP membership and 10% off discount cards for old country buffet with purchase

That might tempt most Avalon customers, but this 28 year old won't be able to take much advantage of this spectacular deal. Shucks...

and the people at the burger king drive thru automatically know to ring up the senior discount for the 55 cent coffee when they see the LAVALON in the drive thru lane! is true they put depends in the trunk at the time of delivery?

lmao  :pokeowned:  :rotflmao:

Edited by regfootball

THIS IS A GM FANSITE

WE WILL INSULT YOU

Dick...ehem...I mean 'testicles', I do believe I posted this in "The Other Guys"(subforum Asian Marques), correct? Is that not an open invitation to post such questions?

I am on this website as I find it one of the BEST sites on the net for not only GM specifics, but other industry happenings. "MOSTLY" great people, very fast responses, active forums, current data. It's a shame folks like you have to go ruin the experience. I won't hold it against the other helpful people on C&G, with such a large database of users, there's bound to be at least a few bad apples. Grow up!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook