Your Mom is car spotting!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brand new, white SportCombi parked along the street (not where it lives) with the right front corner destroyed. Next day, it was parked about 30 feet forward from where it was. I guess the owner tried to move it and couldn't. Next day, it was gone.

Red Volvo T60

previous gen Red Audi S6 with custom body work that looked REALLY good

Blue Cobalt SS Supercharged

and I saw the same blue FJ Cruiser I see all the time.

07 Camry's are becoming more and more common as the weeks go by, no surprise. Saw a red XLE today with dual exhaust. Bad as I hate to say it, the car looks pretty good, especially in darker colors.

Oh, I've seen a few Yaris's as well, a black one in mall parking lot and a green one today on the road.

What else? Oh, an older Bentley Continental and an Rolls-Royce, not sure what year, but probably older than the Bentley.

Also, over the weekend I saw 7 separate Tahoes. 3 silver, 1 white, 1 dark red, 1 dark blue and 1 black. The new Tahoe looks fantastic in the darker colors. Red is especially becoming.

Also saw an 07 Denali today, and the local GMC dealer has the XLs in now.

I know there are 11 FJs roaming my area. The Toyota dealer has already sold out their stock. They had 11 but they are getting more. The black looks really nice on it. My Mazda dealer also has an 07 silver CX7 and my Chrysler dealer has a Torred Daytona, Heritage edition 300C, and a 2006 Charger SRT8 (Black Beauty). It has been there for a little bit and I love it. The Chevy dealer also has a new Avalanche and a used Solstice. It is silver or grey.

Saw a highly modded Prowler (we didn't race but it was almost as fast as the GTO... he floored it so I followed suit behind him in the same lane, and I was pulling on him a little). I think that's the first Prowler I've seen here, though I've seen Prowlers elsewhere (Chicago and Michigan).

And in the Best Buy parking lot I parked next to a black CTS-V. The guy came out about the same time I was walking in so I talked to him for 5 minutes or so. He had a Maggie on it and was pushing 550HP.

Two things... a black SRT-8 Charger on a truck (with a bunch of 300s and Chargers) and a real rarity.. a VW Phaeton. :o

A specialty used lot, you know the used dealers that sell used imports, mainly BMWs, Mercs, Audis, Porsches, etc, has a used Phaeton on their lot now.

Interesting siting today on I-75N.

Stopped at a Shell station on the way out of Lexington. Saw my first Chrysler Aspen, Dodge Charger SRT-8, AND Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8. Kind of an odd thing to see at once yeah? Apparently they were doing some kind of testing for Chrysler, they all three had Michigan Manufacturer tags and all three had funky looking equipment in the vehicles and dashboards. Left the Shell station before they did and sure enough by the time I got to Covington, KY, they passed me all at once.

Pretty neat day for me.

Oh, forgot a couple of other more sickening sightings.

First, a deep purple Chrysler 300 with gold trim, gold rims, and a lavender cloth top. Blegh!

Then, not too much later, a champaigne Lucerne with a brown cloth top. Just...ew. Driven by Methuselah, no less. Or someone near to the same age.

Oh, forgot a couple of other more sickening sightings.

First, a deep purple Chrysler 300 with gold trim, gold rims, and a lavender cloth top.  Blegh!

Then, not too much later, a champaigne Lucerne with a brown cloth top.  Just...ew.  Driven by Methuselah, no less.  Or someone near to the same age.

Picturing....

...puking. :puke:

There was a parade for some retarded town holiday today, and there were some cool cars, a Prowler, a Hennessey Viper, some Model As and Model Ts, a slew of '50s domestics and a couple of Austin Healy Sprite, which I might add are f@#kING AWESOME.

Picturing....

...puking. :puke:

Yeah, it was bad.

Only thing that evened out the day was the SRT-8 Charger and Grand Cherokee I saw earlier in the day, that I mentioned above.

I tell ya, I don't care which is faster, but the Grand Cherokee SRT-8 is one awesome looking SUV, much better looking than the Trailblazer SS, of which I saw TWO of today, oddly enough. Low-slung, wide tires, big rims, and centered exhaust. MMmmmm...

The Charger was awesome too, but the Charger is such an aggressive looking car anyways, you can't tell a difference unless you look really close. The one I saw was all black except for the rims.

And the Chrysler Aspen is the most ridiculous rebadge ever. The Mercury Mountaineer is more differentiated.

Edited by bowtie_dude

Saw a yellow Lambo Countach yesterday afternoon. 8)

Also saw a new GTI.

Seeing a crapload of the new Camries... and a bunch of the Yarises. The first Yaris hatch I saw in person almost induced vomit.

Edited by aaaantoine

Saw a yellow Lambo Countach yesterday afternoon. 8)

Also saw a new GTI.

Seeing a crapload of the new Camries... and a bunch of the Yarises.  The first Yaris hatch I saw in person almost induced vomit.

Yeah, new Camrys are becoming more and more common here in Lexington, the number I see increases daily.

And Yarii are becoming more numerous as well. Hell, at least its better looking than the Echo. :Toyota:

This had to happen. A beige HHR with a "woody" kit, at the Elkton, MD dealership where I saw the G6 convertible.

I'd rather see a panel version, painted olive drab monochrome, with 40's style knobby tires and a red cross on the side.

Saw my first Ford GT today. First time I was pretty close to my house but out of the subdivision and it was going WOT the other way... probably about 80 MPH and it had just started not too long before at the stoplight. I could smell the burnt rubber for a long time after. Then when I was coming home from the dealership I saw it again and drove behind it for a little while. Damn what a sweet car! I love the Z06 but I have to admit the GT is something above and beyond the Z06.

I sat in a G6 convertible like the sedan better, I saw 7 Avalanches, but they were in dealers soo (all different dealers), I saw a Fit, I swear its rolling on go kart tires, uhh oh the Hyundai Entourage, sharp van gotta say, Escalades everywhere (this gen.) and alot of Yaris', not many classics uhh oh the best thing was a whole group of exotci cars following each other lambo Gallarado Spyder, Ferrai F340 spyder, and a DB9. Oh and an early 90's Viper that I saw this mourning ^_^

Awsome! Looks like it's seen better days. Shortly after I

bought my Maxima I drove through Chelmsford behind

one of these MG/Triumph wannabees with Washington

State plates... it was MINT. They're cute little cars, I just

can't see myself in one becasue it's made for like 4' 11"

tall 105lbs. Japanese guys. :P

Good post Burhan! :D

Seen a few Solstices and some butt-ugly 07 Camry's, but EVERYDAY I see atleast 4-5 vettes. Guess us Texans love our Corvettes. :P

EDIT: Theres an 07 Black Tahoe that I see around here often. It's wearing blacked out bowties and black 24's and maybe lowered? I'll try to get a pic sometime, but it looks very nice.

Edited by deftonesfan867