Random Thoughts Thread

5 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I prefer it when you rant about cars to ranting about technology.

I like to defend the human brain and the human body. 

I LOVE technology.

I LOVE the human brain and the human body even more.

The thing is...I proved my points with gifs, videos, dialogue AND with websites...

All morning and afternoon long, I argued with one, two people regarding this. I had other posters upvote falsehoods on the other poster's points...yet nobody was able to disprove MY thoughts, theories, gifs, videos, websites...

The Bo Jackson video on top again just proves how the human brain and eyes process information and translates that to decision making and actions and reactions and movements in a split of a second. If we see Bo jackson as a computer/robot, we see how Bo Jackson's motors (muscles) and wheels (legs and arms) act fast to those actions taken by the processing computer (his brain)...overpowering everything in his sights...like a fictional robotic Terminator form the year 2025 when the machines take over...

It was very very frustrating repeating the same thing over and over again...

Yes...safety nannies are there as a safety net to be aware for us 100% of the time to help us  when we are not....yet these nannies STILL need OUR physical inputs to steer clear of danger...how phoquing ironic!!! 

And this is why I ranted, to show you folk that our human brains do actually react faster than the computer does. EVEN if a computer could solve complex mathematical equations faster than we do...our brain does other stuff faster...like in actual decision making...and directs our muscles and our eyes and our awareness to our environment in a split second and corrects for a 2nd and 3rd event that happens in the seconds after the 1st event...

And our brain does that...an will always do that...through 20 000 years of evolution and we keep on evolving and inventing...

And all I needed was just a SINCERE...you are right OLDS...

Not this bullshyte thing of trying to disprove me with falsehoods...

Edited by oldshurst442

:roflmao: This has got to be the Quote of the Day from a news story about the Vortex:

But in Kentucky, Gov. Matt Bevin complained that people just aren't tough enough. In an interview with WHAS radio of Louisville, Bevin said he wasn't happy that dozens of districts were canceling classes Wednesday.

"Now we cancel school for cold," Bevin told Terry Meiners, the host. "I mean, there's no ice going with it or any snow. What happens to America? We're getting soft, Terry. We're getting soft."

Bevin said that he was being "only slightly facetious" and that he had a real concern — "that in America, on this and any number of other fronts, we're sending messages to our young people that if life is hard, you can curl up in the fetal position somewhere in a warm place and just wait 'til it stops being hard. And that just isn't reality."

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dfelt said:

@oldshurst442 I love the Human Brain and Body too, Just rather it be Female over male football players. :P 

Love me Japan Hooters!

See the source image

Course Hooters and Cars is always AWESOME!

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

I like that too, but now we are bordering the x-rated...and we cant have that...

Seeing that Im a married man and all.  And well, you know...carnal thoughts are a sin...

But seriously...

What the human mind and body can accomplish is extraordinary.

Instead of wasting our human brain activity and energy  on electronic safety nannies and in the process making most of the unconscious human population believing that computers are faster than the human brain, maybe we could focus on actually training those unconscious human populations in being more attentive in DRIVING the actual phoquing car!!!

Instead of flooding the phoquing car with attention sapping doodads, maybe we can get back to being safe phoquing drivers...

And never-you-mind this bullshyte of computers are better for us and smarter than us and faster than us and believing that we need computers to do the most menial of tasks of everyday life and FORGETTING that it is US that created computers in the first phoquing place...

Computers are supposed to make life easier for us. THAT IS IT! 

But somewhere along the line...we forgot that.  And when someone points that out...he shouldnt be shunned, laughed at or ignored and tried to be corrected...

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, dfelt said:

:roflmao: This has got to be the Quote of the Day from a news story about the Vortex:

But in Kentucky, Gov. Matt Bevin complained that people just aren't tough enough. In an interview with WHAS radio of Louisville, Bevin said he wasn't happy that dozens of districts were canceling classes Wednesday.

"Now we cancel school for cold," Bevin told Terry Meiners, the host. "I mean, there's no ice going with it or any snow. What happens to America? We're getting soft, Terry. We're getting soft."

Bevin said that he was being "only slightly facetious" and that he had a real concern — "that in America, on this and any number of other fronts, we're sending messages to our young people that if life is hard, you can curl up in the fetal position somewhere in a warm place and just wait 'til it stops being hard. And that just isn't reality."

I don't disagree with him... 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

I don't disagree with him... 

Agree. it is just too funny that a little cold weather freaks schools out and they close. :nono:

6 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

I like that too, but now we are bordering the x-rated...and we cant have that...

Seeing that Im a married man and all.  And well, you know...carnal thoughts are a sin...

But seriously...

What the human mind and body can accomplish is extraordinary.

Instead of wasting our human brain activity and energy  on electronic safety nannies and in the process making most of the unconscious human population believing that computers are faster than the human brain, maybe we could focus on actually training those unconscious human populations in being more attentive in DRIVING the actual phoquing car!!!

Instead of flooding the phoquing car with attention sapping doodads, maybe we can get back to being safe phoquing drivers...

And never-you-mind this bullshyte of computers are better for us and smarter than us and faster than us and believing that we need computers to do the most menial of tasks of everyday life and FORGETTING that it is US that created computers in the first phoquing place...

Computers are supposed to make life easier for us. THAT IS IT! 

But somewhere along the line...we forgot that.  And when someone points that out...he shouldn't be shunned, laughed at or ignored and tried to be corrected...

Agree Big time that computers are supposed to HELP us, Not replace us and in that regards I would love a modern auto WITHOUT the Nanny devices and require people who want to learn to drive to have to go to an indepth school where they teach more than they do today. 

I think it is very important as I took my kids up onto the pass in an empty parking lot to have them experience driving and sliding and how to turn into the slide and regain control. I really think the cost of drivers education is piss poor cheap here compared to other countries and we need more attentive drivers not slackers relying on self driving.

I do have to question just how far is going with computers good for humanity?

I love the Frank Herbert Dune Universe and do wonder if it would not be better to have our basic education system youth skills earlier so they can be focused on being optimized. The Movie Hidden Figures that deals with Nasa being the first to the moon shows that humans are the ultimate computer and yet we still need computers to handle a larger amount of calculations and yet down to the final details, the human mind is still best.

Human Thinking Computers, What is wrong with that!

See the source image

• Agree 2

I wonder how many Jeep fans will be pissed that they crushed a vintage Gladiator in the Gladiator advert.

4 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Happy to have you back.

Agreed.

On 1/29/2019 at 8:38 AM, A Horse With No Name said:

Wow.  My old car ... all pumped up.  This model ran from 1988 to 1996, but the grille tells me it's an earlier model year

While it wasn't my favorite car I've owned, it was the most reliable.  Unbelievably reliable.

My last car ... different color, though

16 hours ago, balthazar said:

Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 1.22.49 AM.png

THE inimitable model year of Impala, bar none ...

Edited by trinacriabob

7 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Ah yes, Canadians and their reputation.  They generally think Americans are obnoxious, which is fine with me.  Actually, I don't think that a Quebecois would have been as calm as this Anglophone Canadian was.  And especially if the Quebecois hailed from a more remote redneck lumber area such as Chicoutimi or Jonquiere.  

There's something to this.  The bears may have been here and seen him before.  The mother bear isn't exactly huge.  Or, this guy could have been a tank, and animals who hunt and have some power can size up the situation (i.e. mountain lions).

I believe the pecking order in terms of how dangerous bears are is:  polar ... grizzly ... brown ... black.  Polar bears are relentless.  Not a theory I'd want to test.  Just based on what I('ve) read.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Hooters Girl, smart cookie!

51030668_10215925531682464_3822406046014504960_n.jpg

I googled her. She aint as dumb as we think she is. She settled out of court and I think got enough money to buy herself a Toyota...

Unless the links of her information is an April Fool's joke just like what her manager did as a stunt for that contest...she beat the system...

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

Was -3F this morning when I got up.. Now up to 1F and sunny..heat wave coming, supposed to be 50 Sunday..which will melt all the snow and make a mess...

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

51 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

I think it was 3F here this morning and by Sunday it is supposed to be 62F. Whatever this is, I'm okay with 62 in early February. 

Since I have to work in my garage all weekend...heat wave getting here right on time.

51 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

I think it was 3F here this morning and by Sunday it is supposed to be 62F. Whatever this is, I'm okay with 62 in early February. 

Not me, it is supposed to be winter, cold, snowy, heat is for the birds and the south. :P 

Watching an episode of Phantom Works, they are building a hot rod '31 Chevy Landau Phaeton--a 2dr convertible. I had never heard of that car, didn't realize there were 2dr Phaetons (I knew that Ford used the name on 4dr convertibles).   Googling turned up that Ford had a 2dr Phaeton also.  Learn something new everyday...

(On the 2dr variety, having a back seat and longer interior and top seems to be the main differences from a roadster).

This is a pic of the finished car..neat little rod. I'm so used to seeing pics of Model A and 32 Fords that it's neat to see a Chevy of that era (which looks very similar to a Ford IMO).

1920.jpeg

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Agree 3

18 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

Watching an episode of Phantom Works, they are building a hot rod '31 Chevy Landau Phaeton--a 2dr convertible. I had never heard of that car, didn't realize there were 2dr Phaetons (I knew that Ford used the name on 4dr convertibles).   Googling turned up that Ford had a 2dr Phaeton also.  Learn something new everyday...

(On the 2dr variety, having a back seat and longer interior and top seems to be the main differences from a roadster).

This is a pic of the finished car..neat little rod. I'm so used to seeing pics of Model A and 32 Fords that it's neat to see a Chevy of that era (which looks very similar to a Ford IMO).

1920.jpeg

I can't take my eyes off of the Mustang in the background....holy cats is that beautiful also!

Perfect for a cold snowy day.

45 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 1.23.07 AM.png

I have a weakness for old 4 door American iron...this is just about perfect....

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

This is almost hot enough to make me take back every negative comment I have made about Ford...this is utterly amazing.

Would be very cool to have as a extra car for those occasional weekends, but not a daily driver or trip car. Cool tuned exhaust, but the drone would wear after awhile.

I will be happy with my EV Escalade. 😁

4 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Would be very cool to have as a extra car for those occasional weekends, but not a daily driver or trip car. Cool tuned exhaust, but the drone would wear after awhile.

I will be happy with my EV Escalade. 😁

That exhaust note would never age. I could drive that car for light years at 55 MPH behind a W body impala....and leave the Galaxy before I tired of it.

31 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

That exhaust note would never age. I could drive that car for light years at 55 MPH behind a W body impala....and leave the Galaxy before I tired of it.

Sounds like some one has it bad for Ford! :P

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Sounds like some one has it bad for Ford! :P

I will die a happy man knowing that I have listened to the sound of angels feet and the soundtrack of the gods. This thing is Thor's hammer, polished.

• Agree 1