Random Thoughts Thread

45 minutes ago, David said:

Amazing that some people can abuse an auto. Why have such a nice auto if you could not care less about taking care of it. Crazy.

A beautifully detailed late model Escalde rolls up to ones of the Lowes I frequent sometimes when i am there....ladder racks and guy sues it to haul concrete. Go figure. and it's like a two year old Escalate, not like a twelve year old one.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I cant figure out what car is burning at the 37  second mark....any ideas?

Poor Car, not fair, but then ICE does Burn well. :P 

image.png

18 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

50578011d022477ce69e9e034322245f.jpg

Good eye, amazing that someone would burn a car, but then like now crazy times for sure.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, balthazar said:

That's not the Valiant pictured, on fire. Hood edge of burned car is dead straight, and the lower air intakes are much wider on the Valiant.

Wow, I do not see those details. So then what do you suspect it is?

4 hours ago, ocnblu said:

One of these almost became my 2nd car.  A year after I started college a neighbor a few doors down from us getting a new Buick Century (97), and offered me a super deal to buy it. It only had 13k on it at the time. A week before I was to buy, someone stole the car and took the PA on a police chase...and crashed it. Still have a soft spot for these.....

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, balthazar said:

ah-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Lookit the immense pig nostrils!!!

Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 3.21.19 PM.png

That is so Hideous! What the hell are the stylist thinking? Puff Puff Pass way too much if you ask me.

On 9/25/2020 at 5:24 PM, A Horse With No Name said:

I cant figure out what car is burning at the 37  second mark....any ideas?

I saw the cover for this YouTube.  I learned a few strange things in "one thing leads to another" fashion a few days ago.

I randomly looked up Lakeview Terrace.  It is a far flung and low density neighborhood within the city of Los Angeles and in which the San Gabriel Mts. jut up behind it.  As a kid, I always liked the name and, with ~460 sq. mi worth. of city, I had never been there.  It sounded "terraced."  It's not high end at all, but some horse owners make it home, with the foothills behind it.  It is close to Pacoima, a largely Hispanic area with its share of problems, and Sylmar, another suburb that became known as the epicenter of the 1971 L.A. earthquake, upon which the 1974 film "Earthquake" was based

Lakeview Terrace is actually racially mixed.  Everyone lives there.  As I read the article, that's where the Rodney King beating took place.  It took 28 years for me to learn that fact.  I always though it occurred in South Central or other inner city area.

Then, there's an actual movie named "Lakeview Terrace."  I didn't know that.  It's about some unusual dynamics among some Lakeview Terrace neighbors who are having a row.  I plan to get the DVD and watch it.

Random association on the Random Thoughts thread gone awry.

• Agree 1

Seems a mega recall is here for GM. Stop sale on all C8 Corvettes plus more.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/36751/gm-orders-stop-sale-on-c8-corvette-over-brake-by-wire-sensor-issue-report

The recall will also apply to the Chevy Trailblazer, Buick Encore, as well as Cadillac's CT4, CT5 and XT4.

Ford Raptor Bronco with 37" tires caught off-road testing.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/36752/the-wild-ford-bronco-raptor-prototype-is-testing-with-37-inch-tires

• Agree 1

Just like the "cybertruck" (is it tangible or not?), I was thinking the early BMW images of the giant nostrils was a farce.
But no. See below; remember when folk would sit in the sun with those folding reflective tanning boards?

Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 10.33.15 PM.png

The rest of it looks straight out of 2005.

- - - - -
Gonna leave this here...

Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 10.59.05 PM.png

Edited by balthazar
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, balthazar said:

Just like the "cybertruck" (is it tangible or not?), I was thinking the early BMW images of the giant nostrils was a farce.
But no. See below; remember when folk would sit in the sun with those folding reflective tanning boards?

Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 10.33.15 PM.png

The rest of it looks straight out of 2005.

- - - - -
Gonna leave this here...

Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 10.59.05 PM.png

Yeah, not a fan of that G6...look so strange!

17 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

Moltie's sarcasm sensor has been on the fritz for years.  Of course it's a Skylark but it's pointed at the moon, hence my "Apollo" comment.  SMH sigh

I figured that was what you meant, just chose not to address it and play it literal... I'm not sure the significance of Balthy's non sequitur comment, though.

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/25/2020 at 8:32 PM, ocnblu said:

These were damn fine cars. I had a good friend, a fellow woodworker, who owned one for years. Ran over a quarter of a million miles pretty much trouble free.

Chrysler does what Toyota can't, build genuinely appealing vehicles. Even the Minivan in this detailing video has a lot more charm than most modern Toyota products.

7 hours ago, daves87rs said:

Bye Bye warm weather.....

My cats are inside much more.,

12 hours ago, ocnblu said:

I want the regular Bronco, but this will be a good little 'ute!

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

This video just continues to prove how much of a pig humans can be and how lazy they are to clean up after themselves. There is NO REASON to be this lazy and not teach your kids how to be respectful of the auto as well as clean up after themselves.

I will hand it to the guy as he has some amazing talent for cleaning up as the end result is shocking on how clean and new like this auto has become.

Thanks for posting as I always learn new little tricks for keeping my own auto's top notch.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, ykX said:

Not a fan of the car but the girl is definitely not average :)

She has a girl next door charm.  Let's just define her as girl next door and someone I would like to get to know better....

Good ole Ford Truck....

• Agree 1