Random Thoughts Thread

45 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Right, but this is an RST; there's still an LTZ and a High Country above this one.

Before discounts LTZ with I-6 Dmax is $58k, HC with Dmax $60k-$62k and fully loaded HC with 6.2L and everything are pushing $67K. Remember the I-6 Dmax is a $2,500 option.

I know it's crazy!

• Sad 1

^ 6.6L Duramax is a $10,200 option!!

I'm seeing different prices for the 3.0L. Looking at a '20 Sierra and the sticker says the 3.0L is $3890, but the same dealer is offering a "diesel special" of $1500 off- bringing it down to $2390.

I thought I just read this month that GM was dropping the 3.0L's cost by $1500... but now I can't find that online.

Edited by balthazar

41 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

2020-09-18 (2).png2020-09-18.png

It's a decent enough blue.  Weird that, with those blues, of which there are quite a few these days, they do not allow a tan interior.  That combo looks good.

I was going to say the dashboard and cabin look good.  A lot going on in that pod over at the left with the air vent.  But, overall, nice.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I will have to admit that I always watch those "bear in someone's back yard" videos ... more than once.  It's probably the only dangerous animal for which people minimize how dangerous it is.  We idealistically think it will go on eating its berries from the berry patch and leave us humans alone.

This was in a Boston suburb.  Bears seem to like pools and hot tubs, too.  This was a younger bear.  That's why it scampered off the way it did.

(note:  look toward the end, the bear seems to come back for a while)

Edited by trinacriabob
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, trinacriabob said:

It's a decent enough blue.  Weird that, with those blues, of which there are quite a few these days, they do not allow a tan interior.  That combo looks good.

I was going to say the dashboard and cabin look good.  A lot going on in that pod over at the left with the air vent.  But, overall, nice.

Yeah, tan interior options would be nice..I don't like the 50 shades of gray or black interiors..The current dash design is very similar to that of the '14-18 generation. 

f3be5049293f4148ab1b3f511c531330.jpg

• Agree 1

Whoo - that IS a bad influence!

Understood, but I can't help reminding readers I last bought a truck 61 years ago tomorrow.

14 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

The current dash design is very similar to that of the '14-18 generation. 

Same model line, so that's logical.

Edited by balthazar
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, balthazar said:

Did you miss the part where the price begins with a '5'? Ugh.

Guess what the 72-monthly is WITH my trade in? That also begins with a '5'. Ugh, again.

Get one of those Pandemic business loans that they will forgive and use it to get you a new truck to keep working. :) 

4 hours ago, balthazar said:

I'm seeing different prices for the 3.0L. Looking at a '20 Sierra and the sticker says the 3.0L is $3890, but the same dealer is offering a "diesel special" of $1500 off- bringing it down to $2390.

I thought I just read this month that GM was dropping the 3.0L's cost by $1500... but now I can't find that online.

Here is what I found about the price cuts for diesel.

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/09/08/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-diesel-price-cut/

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

2020-09-18 (2).png2020-09-18.png

Crewcab standard bed RST with the 6.2 liter and 10-speed - $52,310

I like the Trail Boss package, but wish it has the monochromatic look of the RST.

My biggest pet peeve is the drab interiors of Chevrolet. Jet Black or this blah multi grey interior just sucks IMHO.

Why not a tan or a lovely mocha brown interior. Options GM, Need BETTER OPTIONS for interior colors.

2 hours ago, trinacriabob said:

I will have to admit that I always watch those "bear in someone's back yard" videos ... more than once.  It's probably the only dangerous animal for which people minimize how dangerous it is.  We idealistically think it will go on eating its berries from the berry patch and leave us humans alone.

This was in a Boston suburb.  Bears seem to like pools and hot tubs, too.  This was a younger bear.  That's why it scampered off the way it did.

(note:  look toward the end, the bear seems to come back for a while)

Saw this video, truly a young bear, looking for food and water. This happens yearly here in the greater Seattle suburbs. Gates are required, but seems even a 6 foot gate does not keep the bears out. Very scary for sure for the humans who under estimate the bears.

2 hours ago, balthazar said:

YOU JUST BOUGHT A (basically) BRAND NEW TRUCK LIKE 38 MINUTES AGO!
- - - - -
I think that Northsky Blue is my favorite. I love black, but I think I'd pass on it.
The Red Tintcoat is very nice, but I'm not a bright vehicle color guy.
- - - - -
'20 Sierra Elevation in Carbon Black, Crew Cab / Standard Bed, 3.0L TD :

Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 10.34.55 AM.png

That is a sharp looking truck, way nicer looking IMHO than the Chevy.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

16 hours ago, ocnblu said:

This thing is a monkey, and I like monkeys.

I prefer a car fit for humans....this is fit for a Money, Kia Soul fit for a hamster. Please bring me a car for humans...

Amazing the difference between a crappy SUV and a real off road vehicle. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

I KNOW! THAT'S WHY I SAID YOU'RE A BAD INFLUENCE! 

I love my truck, but I can't help looking. 

I honestly think your truck looks way better than the current Chevrolet design. Go GMC is how I would direct people right now, way better looking truck.

Over all, Love your Avalanche! :lovey:

• Agree 1

On 9/16/2020 at 8:00 PM, ocnblu said:

❤️

119720393_10106115476862507_8780189517638565914_o.jpg

I like her better than the car.....!

I KNOW! THAT'S WHY I SAID YOU'RE A BAD INFLUENCE! 

I love my truck, but I can't help looking. 

Don't feel bad, I am looking at Wranglers and wodnering about the upcoming Bronco. 

2 hours ago, balthazar said:

YOU JUST BOUGHT A (basically) BRAND NEW TRUCK LIKE 38 MINUTES AGO!
- - - - -
I think that Northsky Blue is my favorite. I love black, but I think I'd pass on it.
The Red Tintcoat is very nice, but I'm not a bright vehicle color guy.
- - - - -
'20 Sierra Elevation in Carbon Black, Crew Cab / Standard Bed, 3.0L TD :

Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 10.34.55 AM.png

I really like the looks of the new GMC. Alot. 

13 hours ago, balthazar said:

Right, but this is an RST; there's still an LTZ and a High Country above this one.

I just bought a new truck, as did Drew...cmon...join the club!

• Agree 3

40 minutes ago, David said:

I honestly think your truck looks way better than the current Chevrolet design. Go GMC is how I would direct people right now, way better looking truck.

Over all, Love your Avalanche! :lovey:

I like the Chevys as long as they're not overloaded with chrome.  So the RST and the High Country work for me.

The opposite is true at GMC.... Denali all the way baby, although the Elevations and AT4s are great looking too. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Drew Dowdell said:

I like the Chevys as long as they're not overloaded with chrome.  So the RST and the High Country work for me.

The opposite is true at GMC.... Denali all the way baby, although the Elevations and AT4s are great looking too. 

Agree on Denali. 

6 hours ago, balthazar said:

Yeah, the 6.6L Dmax package includes the Allison trans. as well though.

I'm seeing different pricing on the I-6 Dmax here as well. On the sticker an LTZ and HC with the Dmax is $995 option, but an RST Dmax is $2,390 option...THEN an LT RWD Dmax is $3,890. Looks like there's def. some padding in the higher trims. But, THEN you look at the RST, LTZ, HC even LT TB with 6.2L option and it's $2,495 across the board. WTH?!

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Very true. The Silverado LTZ they chrome the bumper and lower trim as well as the grille...WAY too much chrome. I agree, GMC does it right with the Denali, the in your face chrome grille works because they have the bumper the body color. Body color bumpers or all black like the TB are the way to go. Sierra AT4 for me, body color bumpers and black chrome grille, looks sick.

• Agree 1

As I drive around, I think it is obnoxious for dealerships to have placed a decal or emblem on the trunk lid or rear door of a vehicle you may have bought from them.  I don't want their decal or emblem on my vehicle - on the paint surface - doing free advertising for them. 

They can give me their dealership license plate frames. I can then decide what to do with them.  I typically decide not to put them on the car at all.  Less is more.

• Agree 4

The old metal dealer badges from the '60s-70s are kind of neat..it's always interesting too when the badge is quite far from where it's spotted...my Jeep has a Bill Luke Phoenix badge on the back (where I bought it from).   I've thought about getting an Orange Coast Jeep Costa Mesa license plate frame as that is where it was originally sold new. 

s-l300.jpg

My local CJRD dealer here in Cleveland is Spitzer, they now have plastic badges, but they used to have metal ones, with this neat font (which they still use today):

s-l300-2.jpg

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Agree 1

I like the AT4 look but the 2” lift is a deal breaker for me. Also like that there is a LTZ for those that want it; i like chrome just fine.

I’ve looked occasionally for a license frame from either my ‘59 or ‘64. ‘59 came from a small PA dealer (Pollino Buick-Pontiac) already gone by 1990, ‘64 came from a huge Chicago dealer (Grossinger Pontiac), now a conglomerate dealer, but neither the lil guy or the giant seems to have hardly advertised at all back in the day. Never seen a plate frame ever.

• Agree 2

On 9/16/2020 at 1:16 PM, ykX said:

This doesn't feel like auto enthusiast forum, more like Consumer Reports forum ... :) 

People don't get on automotive forums to be happy....they go on them to be miserable. Want to find a group of guys who really don't like Mustangs...go to the Mustang forums...lots of guys bitching there.  People really don't want to be happy, and often they alck the emotional security to be happy regardless of what life brings them. 

I love all three trucks, the Rubicon, the super duty, and the Chevy. they Chevy looks damn near perfect just like THAT IMHO.  Also, the super duty with the bigger tires and lift is just the bomb. 

50 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

As I drive around, I think it is obnoxious for dealerships to have placed a decal or emblem on the trunk lid or rear door of a vehicle you may have bought from them.  I don't want their decal or emblem on my vehicle - on the paint surface - doing free advertising for them. 

They can give me their dealership license plate frames. I can then decide what to do with them.  I typically decide not to put them on the car at all.  Less is more.

Agree on less is more.  While I had flags on the roof of my MINI Cooper S, I decided not to put stripes on my 70 Chevelle or 71 Chevelle, or either of my Miatas.  I like a really clean look with any vehicle. More and more I just like all black, including the rims. 

35 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

The old metal dealer badges from the '60s-70s are kind of neat..it's always interesting too when the badge is quite far from where it's spotted...my Jeep has a Bill Luke Phoenix badge on the back (where I bought it from).   I've thought about getting an Orange Coast Jeep Costa Mesa license plate frame as that is where it was originally sold new. 

s-l300.jpg

My local CJRD dealer here in Cleveland is Spitzer, they now have plastic badges, but they used to have metal ones, with this neat font (which they still use today):

s-l300-2.jpg

I love that retro font. Design in many ways was so much better in the 1950's. 

1 hour ago, USA-1 said:

Yeah, the 6.6L Dmax package includes the Allison trans. as well though.

I'm seeing different pricing on the I-6 Dmax here as well. On the sticker an LTZ and HC with the Dmax is $995 option, but an RST Dmax is $2,390 option...THEN an LT RWD Dmax is $3,890. Looks like there's def. some padding in the higher trims. But, THEN you look at the RST, LTZ, HC even LT TB with 6.2L option and it's $2,495 across the board. WTH?!

Allison trans would push me towards GM were I to buy a diesel truck. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

5 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

The current dash design is very similar to that of the '14-18 generation. 

f3be5049293f4148ab1b3f511c531330.jpg

It really isn't, if you sat in both back to back you'd see the obvious differences. The dash layout is different, the center stack is more spread out in the '19 - current T1XX and it's slightly taller with a longer, flatter front. It also has new buttons, dials and switches and totally new steering wheel. I prefer the center stack of my '18 K2XX right now. It'll all grow on me, but it is noticeably different.

H0Y_0ST_1SZ_2LT_2ST_3ST_4AA_4ST_5FC_5ST_6K5_6TJ_7TJ_8AZ_9AZ_A2X_A48_A50_A7E_AAK_AED_AEQ_AKO_AL0_ASV_AU3_AVJ_AXG_AXK_AY0_B30_BPH_BTM_BTV_BWN_C49_C59_C5W_CJ2_CTT_CXH_D07_D31_D75_DLF_DP6_E35_E63_EF7_ENL_F48_FE9_FJW_FWI_G80_G9K_GF4_GU5_I20_IOS_J61_JBP_JHD_JL1_K34_K47_KA1_KC4_KC5_KC9_KI3_KI4_KL9_KNP_KPA_KW7_L87_MAH_MCR_MCZ_MQB_N06_N10_N37_NP5_NQH_NTB_NZZ_PCH_PCM_PZ8_QK1_QT5_R3O_RD1_RM7_SAF_SLM_SNR_SU4_SU7_T3U_TDM_U1D_U2K_U2L_U73_UDD_UE1_UF2_UG1_UGA_UIK_UJM_UK3_UMN_UQA_URC_USS_UTJ_UVB_V8D_VB5_VBJ_VRF_VRG_VRH_VRK_VRL_VRM_VRN_VRR_VSX_VT5_VT7_VTI_VV4_WML_WPC_X88_XCQ_YM8_Z7X_Z82_ZL6gmds10.jpg&v=deg01&std=true&country=US

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

On 9/17/2020 at 8:15 AM, David said:

Jumanji!!!

One of the guys I used to autocross with had a huge collection of restored vingage bicycles. Was really cool. Haven't seen that dude for years. 

2 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

People don't get on automotive forums to be happy....they go on them to be miserable. Want to find a group of guys who really don't like Mustangs...go to the Mustang forums...lots of guys bitching there.  People really don't want to be happy, and often they alck the emotional security to be happy regardless of what life brings them. 

I love all three trucks, the Rubicon, the super duty, and the Chevy. they Chevy looks damn near perfect just like THAT IMHO.  Also, the super duty with the bigger tires and lift is just the bomb. 

Neat..I've been to Tincup...drove that pass with my WJ GC about 20 years ago.  The comment about people being miserable reminds me of the Gin Blossoms album New Miserable Experience.  

I'm on several FB forums for Jeep Grand Cherokees, and it seems 90% of the posts are about upgrading headlights, how to blackout the chrome trim, bigger tires, and diagnosing the check engine light...pretty dull mostly. 

3 minutes ago, USA-1 said:

It really isn't, if you sat in both back to back you'd see the obvious differences. The dash layout is different, the center stack is more spread out in the '19 - current T1XX and it's slightly taller with a longer, flatter front. It also has new buttons, dials and switches and totally new steering wheel. I prefer the center stack of my '18 K2XX right now. It'll all grow on me, but it is noticeably different.

They look way more similar than different in those two photos...even the steering wheel looks very similar. 

2 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

diagnosing the check engine light...

They look way more similar than different in those two photos...even the steering wheel looks very similar. 

That's common for Jeeps I hear LOL!!  My cousin has a Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon.

I mean like @balthazar stated it's the same model. It's hard to change too much on a layout engineers have worked on perfecting for decades.

What do you want the steering wheel in the middle of the dash?! :roflmao:

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, USA-1 said:

What do you want the steering wheel in the middle of the dash?! :roflmao:

Or the aircraft style controls seen on some '60s concept cars...or the wrist band steering..

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Mmmmmm - Wrist-Twist Merc!

Yes, that's what I was thinking of.  I have 1/25th scale model parts of that setup that came as custom parts in the AMT '65 Mercury Parklane kit.

Mercury-Wrist-Twist-314.jpg

15 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Or the aircraft style controls seen on some '60s concept cars...

Looks like the aircraft style cockpit and controls are here (C8 Vette) and others that might be finally coming after seeing the Cadillac IQ line and other manf's. BEV concepts and future interiors. Only needs a yoke style steering wheel when you're hardly going to need it.  

9 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Yes, that's what I was thinking of.  I have 1/25th scale model parts of that setup that came as custom parts in the AMT '65 Mercury Parklane kit.

Mercury-Wrist-Twist-314.jpg

Looks and sounds disastrous! Especially for 60's tech. Ha

Edited by USA-1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, balthazar said:

I like the AT4 look but the 2” lift is a deal breaker for me.

Oh, see I like the 2" lift, it's a perfect stance for the truck and you can clear 33x12.50's with no body or bumper mods on a K2, and since I'm 6'3" and have long legs it doesn't bother me getting in and out without steps or running boards :D 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, USA-1 said:

H0Y_0ST_1SZ_2LT_2ST_3ST_4AA_4ST_5FC_5ST_6K5_6TJ_7TJ_8AZ_9AZ_A2X_A48_A50_A7E_AAK_AED_AEQ_AKO_AL0_ASV_AU3_AVJ_AXG_AXK_AY0_B30_BPH_BTM_BTV_BWN_C49_C59_C5W_CJ2_CTT_CXH_D07_D31_D75_DLF_DP6_E35_E63_EF7_ENL_F48_FE9_FJW_FWI_G80_G9K_GF4_GU5_I20_IOS_J61_JBP_JHD_JL1_K34_K47_KA1_KC4_KC5_KC9_KI3_KI4_KL9_KNP_KPA_KW7_L87_MAH_MCR_MCZ_MQB_N06_N10_N37_NP5_NQH_NTB_NZZ_PCH_PCM_PZ8_QK1_QT5_R3O_RD1_RM7_SAF_SLM_SNR_SU4_SU7_T3U_TDM_U1D_U2K_U2L_U73_UDD_UE1_UF2_UG1_UGA_UIK_UJM_UK3_UMN_UQA_URC_USS_UTJ_UVB_V8D_VB5_VBJ_VRF_VRG_VRH_VRK_VRL_VRM_VRN_VRR_VSX_VT5_VT7_VTI_VV4_WML_WPC_X88_XCQ_YM8_Z7X_Z82_ZL6gmds10.jpg&v=deg01&std=true&country=US

Either way, given that I'm not a truck customer and never noticed this before, these are nice dashboards but then there's a lot of width to use as a canvas.  There's some good symmetry going on, they're logically laid out and the controls are probably easy to get used to (compared to some messy set ups), the bump up and curvature for the center stack is nice, and there are 4( ! ) gauge bezels between the tach and the speedo (don't know what they indicate, but more is better in this case).  We need to stay here, when the trend is toward idiot lights and away from gauges.  The only thing I see is that the left pod is sort of chunky.

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

Either way, given that I'm not a truck customer and never noticed this before, these are nice dashboards but then there's a lot of width to use as a canvas.  There's some good symmetry going on, they're logically laid out and the controls are probably easy to get used to (compared to some messy set ups), the bump up and curvature for the center stack is nice, and there are 4( ! ) gauge bezels between the tach and the speedo (don't know what they indicate, but more is better in this case).  We need to stay here, when the trend is toward idiot lights and away from gauges.  The only thing I see is that the left pod is sort of chunky.

Expect this to be the last Hurrah as we move to EV's and all digital screen dashes.

Cadillac 2021 dash

image.png

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Just now, David said:

Expect this to be the last Hurrah as we move to EV's and all digital screen dashes.

I know.  The closing of an era.  As long as the laptop is NOT left open, I'm ok with nicely integrated digital and touch screens.

• Like 1

Oh, yeah, back to my random thought ... backed up by a photo:

You RARELY ever see something like this ... the ultimate car for progressives (cough) with a rosary hanging off the rear view mirror. 

IMG_2019-05-05_19-34-13.thumb.jpeg.e9fb8ba1da8aa759b72f5fc9e940eec4.jpeg

Very funny ... at least to me, who sees the incongruence in it.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

there are 4( ! ) gauge bezels between the tach and the speedo (don't know what they indicate, but more is better in this case).  We need to stay here, when the trend is toward idiot lights and away from gauges. 

Yep. And the gauges are functional actual readout gauges with engine temp. 0 - 260 F, oil pressure 0 - 80 psi (big one) and actual voltage 0 - 18 volts, not idiot gauges like the competition uses with C - H and L - H, really like how GM has always used them in their trucks and SUV's and continues to. It's the detail oriented part of me that likes it I guess :D

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, David said:

Escalade is a vehicle that is unique in interior & exterior and starts near $80K. It's illogical to expect a $32K work / fleet truck to sport a multi-thousand dollar OLED digital dash. GM has moved nicely away from homogenized interface components, and prices are ALREADY TOO HIGH. Pleas don't advocate them going higher by putting Cadillac interface tech in base Chevy pickups.

4 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Escalade is a vehicle that is unique in interior & exterior and starts near $80K. It's illogical to expect a $32K work / fleet truck to sport a multi-thousand dollar OLED digital dash. GM has moved nicely away from homogenized interface components, and prices are ALREADY TOO HIGH. Pleas don't advocate them going higher by putting Cadillac interface tech in base Chevy pickups.

Not Advocating, pointing out that costs have dropped big time on various technology and I would expect unique interfaces to come out in both Chevrolet, GMC and Buick that are far more customizable and lower cost to product than a large assortment of manual gauges.

I would not expect the OLED display in the other 3 brands, but I would expect lower resolution LCD displays to become normal as it is far more customizable and easier to produce.

Tech has always changed things and I expect this in the 21st century.

But you are advocating (unless you are privy to inside future GM plans).

And regardless of the cost of an LCD display, no OEM is going to incorporate it and LOWER PRICES. The very idea is laughable. On the contrary, just because many perceive it as an upgrade (look at what price tier vehicles offer it now), the inclusion of an all-digital dash will cause a price spike. TRUCK BUYERS DON'T WANT ANY PRICE SPIKES- the average lot Silverado is closing in on $50 grand.

The tech is fine/great in a top shelf product; leave it at Cadillac.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, balthazar said:

But you are advocating (unless you are privy to inside future GM plans).

And regardless of the cost of an LCD display, no OEM is going to incorporate it and LOWER PRICES. The very idea is laughable. On the contrary, just because many perceive it as an upgrade (look at what price tier vehicles offer it now), the inclusion of an all-digital dash will cause a price spike. TRUCK BUYERS DON'T WANT ANY PRICE SPIKES- the average lot Silverado is closing in on $50 grand.

The tech is fine/great in a top shelf product; leave it at Cadillac.

Whatever happened to a cheap base pickup truck (small, medium, or large)?  Asking for a truck-loving friend.

• Sad 1

'20 base SIlverado RC/LB with the 4.3 V6 starts at $24,595 with zero options. Put 17" painted aluminum rims on for $350 and it's $24945. That's no cruise, crank windows. With destination (now $1600), minus the package discount (what package?) plus cash allowance and the bottom line price is still : $24,945.

I don't think that's bad for the year 2020.

13 minutes ago, balthazar said:

That's no cruise, crank windows.

...and Fred Flintstone's trap door in the floorboard to peddle it if you don't want the 4.3 propulsion system. :D

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, balthazar said:

'20 base SIlverado RC/LB with the 4.3 V6 starts at $24,595 with zero options. Put 17" painted aluminum rims on for $350 and it's $24945. That's no cruise, crank windows. With destination (now $1600), minus the package discount (what package?) plus cash allowance and the bottom line price is still : $24,945.

I don't think that's bad for the year 2020.

Definitely seems to be a good value, and consider the very favorable price/weight ratio and price/size ratio ...

18 minutes ago, USA-1 said:

...and Fred Flintstone's trap door in the floorboard to peddle it if you don't want the 4.3 propulsion system. :D

Meant "pedal". That was a David'ism. Ha!

• Haha 2

GM's current fullsize truck color palette is sorely lacking in imagination.  Ford and Dodge both have more vibrant color choices.  I especially appreciate Dodge's range of choices.

Chevy's "Gideon" interior color is a taupe/tan with dark brown doors and dash.  I was alive when you could order blue, red, saddle, or black interiors (anyone remember GM's "Oyster" light/medium gray?)  Even green some years.  SHAME no one does it anymore, except luxury brands.  LOVE Lincoln's color availability.

For the 2021 model year, I like the Renegade in its seventh model year more than the brand new Trailblazer.  The Trailblazer "Activ" is a cynical nod, where the Trailhawk is much more in tune and honest in message delivery.  Change my mind!

I like the previous generation RAV4 better than the new one.  New one's severe countenance is a turn-off.  And the Corolla Cross is a too-mild opposite to the C-HR's alien costume.  Which leads us to the Yaris Cross, which forces my hand, I don't use words like "adorable" to describe things often, but this thing begs for it.  I think it would sell well in the US as a replacement for the Mazda 2-based current Yaris.

The Hyundai Kona is a well-done product.  I like the updates for the 2022 model year.  I would opt for the SEL Plus trim level to avoid the DCT and turbo engine, but I am not a fan of the million-spoke wheels or the rather drab houndstooth/black interior treatment.  The Kona N seems promising.

Hyundai Venue is not actually perfect.  The dinky 15" wheels on the SE and standard SEL in 2020 do not do it justice.  Thankful that they've installed the handsome 17" alloys as standard on the Venue SEL for 2021.  They transform the car, imho.  We got a white 2021 SEL in last week.

/random car thoughts