TaurusSHO

Random Thoughts Thread

14 hours ago, ocnblu said:

How much does this sled cost?

I like all the storage, especially all the hidden areas.  He mentions "perfect for hoarders!"

Not a great vehicle if you're right handed - you sit on the wrong side to begin with and have to shift with your left hand.  You'd think this would be marketed with an automatic.  Then, when he sets off down the road, I thought, "Whoa, he's driving down the wrong side of the street."

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

How much does this sled cost?

Well, to me it is a good looking, chunky little useful conveyance.  Love the diesel with stick.  Europeans still love stick shifts.  If you want something more whimsical, choose its sister vehicle, the Citroen Berlingo...

1berlingo.jpg

Plus, ya gotta know how to switch hands, otherwise certain things get very boring!  😉

Edited by ocnblu
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Those funky Eurovans do have their charm.

The snow stopped for a while...a lot of wind blown snow in my driveway...shoveled a path from the garage to my sister's STS and around it, brushed off the snow on it.  Must be 8-10 inches or more drifted behind it down the driveway to the street...ugh.   And now it's snowing again..

IMG-0929.JPG

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

All rain here, lots of it. Tried shoveling it, didn't go so well. Will try again later.
- - - - -
Above the parts counter of a 1941 Buick dealership, still standing somewhere in Iowa ~

Screen Shot 2019-01-19 at 5.14.10 PM.png

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Much more sensational in its day than the "unnamed EV concept" Cadillac of now.  Sad to see such a tremendous loss of relevance in what was once the absolute pinnacle of aspirational automotive greatness. 

50283519_10213461297992822_3115867841169981440_n.jpg

I so feel like Batman should jump in at any time....

23 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

The snow stopped for a while...a lot of wind blown snow in my driveway...shoveled a path from the garage to my sister's STS and around it, brushed off the snow on it.  Must be 8-10 inches or more drifted behind it down the driveway to the street...ugh.   And now it's snowing again..

IMG-0929.JPG

We got 6 inches here....neighbor also buried my Equinox in snow....

But man is it cold! Worries me more now that my asthma is back.. 😞 

6 hours ago, ocnblu said:

LOL it's entirely different.  Why would you laugh (reaction to olds' post reiterating a known fact about repeated, even days later, fire flare-ups with EVs) at that post?  Really.

Really you have to ask why I find his post funny pointed at you who likes to live in the past.

:P Comical, that is for sure. Yet we still love ya too! 🤗

1 hour ago, Robert Hall said:

IMG-0929.JPG

Poor Cadillac, that baby needs a blanket.

3 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Poor Cadillac, that baby needs a blanket.

Something funny about having the AWD SUV and FWD CUV in the garage, with the RWD sedan outside..

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, balthazar said:

My one buddy has a bunch of varied cars; one is a '67 Catalina. He keeps it because he was born in '67. I really don't get that- there's no correlation. Every vintage vehicle I own is older than me- I've bought what turned me on. Olds- go get yourself a '70 442; you're allowed! ;)

Yep. Im allowed. Thanx for the encouragement.  

I just need to put the kids through school and get myself a good little nest egg for the wife and I and then I will probably get one. Im working hard on accomplishing those things. Im almost there!  

• Upvote 1

Perfect car for ocnblu right here: it's green, has utility/cargo space for his Birkenstocks, frisbee & portable cookstove, not to mention the 6.2L Escalade LS engine. It even has a clutch pedal (tho it appears to be wired up under the dash- can't have it all) ~

Screen Shot 2019-01-20 at 7.42.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-20 at 7.42.17 PM.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

WOW, that little sucker should run like a scalded cat!

• Haha 1

Obviously it gained weight over the original aluminum 4, but as a point of reference- a stock '71 Vega wagon was just over 2200 lbs.

• Upvote 2

Amazing level of pride in that building.  Optimism.  Promise.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Well, to me it is a good looking, chunky little useful conveyance.  Love the diesel with stick.  Europeans still love stick shifts.  If you want something more whimsical, choose its sister vehicle, the Citroen Berlingo...

1berlingo.jpg

Plus, ya gotta know how to switch hands, otherwise certain things get very boring!  😉

Now that I really like!

2 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Amazing level of pride in that building.  Optimism.  Promise.

I know, right...as compared to the modern dismal strip mall store of today.

Got to get a snow thrower. Shoveling sucks. 

IMG-0939.JPG

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Put a plow on the Jeep- push it all onto your neighbor's lawn.

The kids would love it I bet. :P 

What new thing did you learn today?

The internet is a big compendium of positives and negatives.  Here's a big positive - the DIY stuff.

I learned that I need to value each day uniquely....you only have so many. time flies...I am 53...will turn 54 in September. 

• Upvote 4