Random Thoughts Thread

13 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I actually kind of liked them. 

I might venture to say that I've always had a soft spot for both the Camaro and the Firebird just because they are Camaros and Firebirds.

As for the last-gen (when both coexisted), I'd have to say I liked that they had the 3800 V6 as the base engine, RWD, and a basic 4 speed automatic transmission, if I recall.  In that form, they also priced out nicely.

I probably liked the Firebird more than the Camaro.  Chalk that up to all the circular gauges and vents on the dash and those pop-up headlamps ... and liking Pontiac more than Chevrolet.

• Agree 2

14 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

I believe the term is frugal.

And there is NOTHING wrong with that.  I high five you! 

High Five GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

As do I.

8 hours ago, trinacriabob said:

I might venture to say that I've always had a soft spot for both the Camaro and the Firebird just because they are Camaros and Firebirds.

As for the last-gen (when both coexisted), I'd have to say I liked that they had the 3800 V6 as the base engine, RWD, and a basic 4 speed automatic transmission, if I recall.  In that form, they also priced out nicely.

I probably liked the Firebird more than the Camaro.  Chalk that up to all the circular gauges and vents on the dash and those pop-up headlamps ... and liking Pontiac more than Chevrolet.

I have kind of moved on in my car love though. right now. Sport compacts (WRX, Civic Type R, golf R) Would really like something small 4 door and all wheel drive. My older son's girlfriend has both a Type R and a WRX STI, so I guess that itch is satisfied by having those cars "in the family."

Other itch is pickup, vintage pickup truck, Jeep, Bronco, 4 wheel drive full size truck. Current Ranger scratches 95% of that itch at the moment, as I have a ton of other things going on in my life. 

Only occasionally do I look back into the past anymore, so I am kind of the opposite of Baltazar in that way. 

My ideal garage right now would be nothing more than my current Truck, and time to enjoy it and explore new horizons. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

13 hours ago, regfootball said:

i really dig the Fluance turntables.  Here is my RT-82.  I really want to get an RT-85

480D7711-F385-4A9D-96BF-B748860B3B1E.jpeg

image.png

image.png

Just upgrade the cartride and platter, its the same turntable. 

21 hours ago, David said:

This brings back memories as my dad and I had left just a day before the big eruption and our 16ft aluminum fishing boat was filled with ash from one of the early pre-eruptions. I was back home in Kirkland Washington on this day when it exploded.

My younger son tells me hiking permits for ST helens are restricted and go quickly, would love to hike it. 

21 hours ago, surreal1272 said:

What is with Dodge drivers lately? Not a day goes by, when I'm on the interstate, that a Charger or Challenger driver isn't acting like they are in Cannonball Run. I am over all of them and sadly it's not just the V8 drivers out there. Even the 3.6L fools do that and I don't understand it. Just offering a master class in "How to drive like a complete Jackass: Sponsored by your friends at Mopar".

Actually, around here a bunch are respectfully driven. And since or own TC Bob loves the Cahrger in White, I think of him frequently when I see a Charger or Challenger. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, surreal1272 said:

It was pretty good, for the record.

My dad was the frugal king. I am merely his humble frugal servant. 

I am married to the Frugal queen. When my (former) isnurance company refused to cover wind damage on our roof and I was concerned about dropping ten grand on the replacement, my wife was like....we'll just pull that out of accesable savings. 

I am brewing my own coffee at work to be able to spend more money on Vinyl and road trips, which is not a bad thing. 

21 hours ago, ccap41 said:

100% agree. I swear it is a daily occurrence where I see a Charger or Challenger doing something stupid. 

Human stupidity in every way ha sreached an all time low. 

13 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

That is a niiiiice model.

Ive got 74 of them. I once had over 100.  I got rid of the ones that I had a duplicate of.  Like for example I currently  have a 1969 Olds 442,  a 1971 Olds 442 and a 1970 455 Cutlass SX.  I gave away the 1970 Olds 442 pains me but I DO I have the SX.  It was between the '70 and the '71.  I decided to keep the '71 since the front end is different from a '70) and a 1968 Olds 442.  I gave away a General Lee Charger, but I kept a very nice plum crazy '70 Charger.  Although I DO prefer a '69 over the '70, the colour of the '71 is sooooo much nicer lookin'. ETC...  

Gave them away to friends or their kids for them to start their own collections. 

These are MY 1st gen F-Bodies. 

IMG_0087.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

Im only gonna add 1 more to my collection.  And its gonna be a C8 Corvette. Im waiting to see if I like the Z06. As Chevy hasnt revealed the Z06 yet, obviously a die cast is not available for it yet.   But it will be either a Z06 or the Sting Ray C8 to complete my collection. 

Love the Trans AM. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Actually, around here a bunch are respectfully driven. And since or own TC Bob loves the Cahrger in White, I think of him frequently when I see a Charger or Challenger. 

Then consider yourself lucky as I have seen this behavior in every state that carries I-40 lol.

Human stupidity in every way ha sreached an all time low.

In this, we are in total agreement. Who would have thought the movie "Idiocracy" was actually prophecy and a documentary rolled into one?

• Agree 2

Just upgrade the cartride and platter, its the same turntable. 

My younger son tells me hiking permits for ST helens are restricted and go quickly, would love to hike it. 

turns out i have the RT-81, i had mistakenly wrote RT-82.  the RT-81 has the belt under the platter.

• Agree 1

On 9/2/2021 at 10:48 AM, surreal1272 said:

What is with Dodge drivers lately? Not a day goes by, when I'm on the interstate, that a Charger or Challenger driver isn't acting like they are in Cannonball Run. I am over all of them and sadly it's not just the V8 drivers out there. Even the 3.6L fools do that and I don't understand it. Just offering a master class in "How to drive like a complete Jackass: Sponsored by your friends at Mopar".

If I am a future owner of a 3.6 base Charger, I will definitely not be in that crowd!  LOL.  Instead, I will be endeavoring to achieve 30 + mpg on the open road.  And that would have been the same when I was in my 20s and 30s.  But, yes, I know that type and see it fairly often, usually in the V8 equipped Mopars with the more "juvenile" decals and striping.  As for me, I prefer to go about life like a cheapskate so I can do things ... such as traveling like a cheapskate.

Edited by trinacriabob
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

If I am a future owner of a 3.6 base Charger, I will definitely not be in that crowd!  LOL.  Instead, I will be endeavoring to achieve 30 + mpg on the open road.  And that would have been the same when I was in my 20s and 30s.  But, yes, I know that type and see it fairly often, usually in the V8 equipped Mopars with the more "juvenile" decals and striping.  As for me, I prefer to go about like a cheapskate so I can do things ... such as traveling like a cheapskate.

I have started paying attention to these, and there are a bunch of different variations of these products....and their owners.

May be an image of text that says 'Life is about perspective. You might think you're a lion...bu to some people, you're a dick. 神汁'

This is not aimed at TC Bob, but just here because it is funny. 

Have a good Friday everyone. 

1 hour ago, regfootball said:

turns out i have the RT-81, i had mistakenly wrote RT-82.  the RT-81 has the belt under the platter.

It should still work great. keep spinning vinyl the music is what matters. 

Besides, you will need an External pre amp with the RT-85, won't need one with the 81. 

1 hour ago, surreal1272 said:

Then consider yourself lucky as I have seen this behavior in every state that carries I-40 lol.

In this, we are in total agreement. Who would have thought the movie "Idiocracy" was actually prophecy and a documentary rolled into one?

I am not saying that every Challenger around here is driven responsibly, just that a bunch are. 

1 hour ago, surreal1272 said:

I prefer Planet of the Apes, where the Apes take over. Time to give Darwin/Evolution a second shot at getting our species right. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Pontiac!

May be an image of 1 person

I love this because it's a like Pontiacs were back in the day, just cars to cruise in and have fun. Not everything needs to be a Red GTO.

Reminds me of the '69 Custom S, and the former C&G member that had one..

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Pontiac!

May be an image of 1 person

I love this because it's a like Pontiacs were back in the day, just cars to cruise in and have fun. Not everything needs to be a Red GTO.

Bingo.

I liked the front end the next year a little better, where the lights are outside the grille and in the sheet metal.  That's what my Dad had.

But, so true about your statement, because when my Dad had one, it was basic a basic coupe (Bimini Blue) with an in-line 250 c.i. 6 cylinder engine.  Nothing to go wrong.  Dependable beyond words.

And, our dog loved that car.  When we said, "You want to go for a ride?" she started to wag her behind - because she didn't have a tail - and headed right for the Pontiac.  She knew the Olds wasn't for her.  (Whether or not she figured out that that it was because the Olds had velour seating, and my parents wanted to keep it clean, is beyond me.)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Kpop band, 5 members jsut tested positive for Covid. 

Five members of the K-pop group Enhypen test positive for the coronavirus.

Enhypen, a South Korean boy band, during a performance in Seoul in January.

It's getting scary. Co workers wife was feeling sick last Thursday, healthy late thirties. She died two days alter on Saturday of Covid. Another co workers brother is probably not going to make it. 

Neat old pic of Lady Diana...

May be an image of standing, outdoors and text

Vintage pic of petty at Darlington....

May be an image of 3 people

Fantastic Mustang picture...

May be an image of car

A first Gen Camaro competes a SPA

May be a black-and-white image of one or more people, people standing and road

• Sad 2

Random thoughts for this Saturday:

1.  I am almost disgusted by how many people in my area do NOT recycle.  All those boxes for their endless Amazon Prime packages are in the trash instead of the recycle bin.

2.  I like Greek festivals, and ethnic festivals in general. I just picked up a lamb gyro along with desserts (1 baklava and 1 galatapoureko).  When you go to these festivals, the a la carte pricing can add up.  I wish they offered combo dishes. But then, there's no sales tax, tipping is optional, and it goes to support the efforts of small non-profit organizations that mean a lot to their members, so I roll with it.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, trinacriabob said:

1.  I am almost disgusted by how many people in my area do NOT recycle.  All those boxes for their endless Amazon Prime packages are in the trash instead of the recycle bin.

2.  I like Greek festivals, and ethnic festivals in general. I just picked up a lamb gyro along with desserts (1 baklava and 1 galatapoureko).  When you go to these festivals, the a la carte pricing can add up.  I wish they offered combo dishes. But then, there's no sales tax, tipping is optional, and it goes to support the efforts of small non-profit organizations that mean a lot to their members, so I roll with it.

This table is waiting for us TC Bob! 

spilia-restaurant - Healthy with NediHealthy with Nedi

Any Island, Greece!

We could feast on any Greek food we choose, whether it be lamb or grilled octopus and fried calamari. 

Zakynthos: A Stunning Greek Island Worthy of Your Bucket List -  BookCulinaryVacations.com

We take in the sun and the beach and respect our internet friendship!

Yamas!  

Οι καλύτεροι μεζέδες για ούζο

PS:

The following year, we could visit Italia

Portofino perfection: Falling in love on the Italian Riviera | Woman & Home

Any Place, Italia!!!

Salute!

Top World Restaurant's Instagram photo: “Aperol Spritz in Positano, Italy  🇮🇹 - Follow @topworldrestaurant for… | Cocteles, Bebida de jengibre,  Picada para fiestas

• Agree 4

16 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

This table is waiting for us TC Bob! 

spilia-restaurant - Healthy with NediHealthy with Nedi

Any Island, Greece!

We could feast on any Greek food we choose, whether it be lamb or grilled octopus and fried calamari. 

Zakynthos: A Stunning Greek Island Worthy of Your Bucket List -  BookCulinaryVacations.com

We take in the sun and the beach and respect our internet friendship!

Yamas!  

Οι καλύτεροι μεζέδες για ούζο

PS:

The following year, we could visit Italia

Portofino perfection: Falling in love on the Italian Riviera | Woman & Home

Any Place, Italia!!!

Salute!

Top World Restaurant's Instagram photo: “Aperol Spritz in Positano, Italy  🇮🇹 - Follow @topworldrestaurant for… | Cocteles, Bebida de jengibre,  Picada para fiestas

I am inviting myself as I always wanted to visit those places as a tourist and not on business. Looks Awesome! :) 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

May be an image of outdoors and text that says 'WEST COLESVILLE AUTOPSY CLUB MEETING SATURDAY OPEN MIKE NIGHT'

On 9/3/2021 at 6:09 PM, trinacriabob said:

A klass act, with a "k"

marge-schott-cover.jpg

Now that I have your attention ...

Anything I say about the lady will get me permanantly banned by Drew so....Fried Chicken. I had Popeyes Fried Chicken for lunch. side of mashed potatoes, side of Mac and Cheese. 5 piece Tenders, spicy. 

Although Hot Chicken Takeover is a locally owned fried chicken place with much better food. 

Drew, thanks for not banning me for my thought crimes against this woman. 

Regards,

Christopher/Horse/Stang/Proud Ranger Owner....

On 9/4/2021 at 4:38 PM, trinacriabob said:

Funny, I just ate at a new mediteranian restauraunt and thought of you. 

• Haha 2

On 9/5/2021 at 12:46 PM, David said:

I am inviting myself as I always wanted to visit those places as a tourist and not on business. Looks Awesome! :) 

I thought of you yesterday also. Saw an electric motorcycle that had been ridden a long ways to a marina my wife and I hiked to. When the rider walked up and rode off....he would make us both look small. I think the EV range anxiety thing is over with. 

In all seriousness it was cool seeing an EV bike out in the wild. 

23 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

@David

There is always room for one more.  Make it four.  The more the merrier.

Greece. 

Italy.

And now we are off to Germany.

Oktoberfest is just around the corner!!!  Literally!!!

Oktoberfest in Germany – German Culture

Traditional German Food: What to Eat in Germany

We could stay long enough after Oktoberfest to actually ski here! 

Bavarian Alps - Road Trip through Germany - frequentravlr.com

Getaway to the Alps Spring Skiing and Summer Trekking - Perfectly Provence

Greece is beautiful, I really want to go. All of the Greek (meaning from Greece, not from a fraternity) students here on campus are awesome. maybe I can be an honorary Greek for a week...

If TC Bob were a cat...

May be an image of cat and text that says 'me watching the waiter at the Italian restaurant cover my dish in Parmesan cheese'

• Haha 1

Ya gotta wonder what the eff people in the middle ages were thinking with the original art work here...

May be an image of 3 people

This is brilliant...

May be an image of text that says 'HOW TO SNEAK CANDY INTO THE MOVIES IN TEXAS.'

Creative comic...

May be a cartoon of text

Believe in yourself...

May be an image of text that says 'EVEN IF NO ONE BELIEVES IN YOU BELIEVE IN YOURSELF'

May be an image of bird, outdoors and text

• Haha 3

Had to go down to a customer's house today - they got minor water intrusion Friday. They're away, I've been emptying dehumidifiers, was vacuuming, etc, hoping the circa 1400 SF of basement carpet can stay.

They live in a huge house (6200 SF) at the end of a street, woods all around (except 1 house across the street).
Tons of boulders in the area, and within their semi-circular drive, they have some low areas and some monster boulders, nice & rounded/irregular.

I had pitched an idea last year (kinda jokingly) about creating a water feature there, with water spilling over/down the largest rock, and making a lined pond at the base, with a wooden bridge spanning it. Walking paths, planted beds, could be really cool.

So the weather is so gorgeous today, my schedule wasn't pressing, and I was walking around the front yard/boulders, sometimes waving my hands at imaginary vistas, daydreaming in the breezy silence.

Then I remembered they have a Ring doorbell, watching me spacing out.

• Haha 2
  • Agree 2

Haha.  Good one.  Much like when I was once looking at a map of Mexico and saw the city Merida.  Now, I don't know if Merida is a nice, safe place ... or it's not.  However, a quick scramble of the letters makes it "mierda."

Got it.  On those seats, with all the pleats, moving around could be challenging.  They look more suited to a parlor in a chateau in France.  But I think a French chateau would keep it classier, with a "c."  However, regular Brougham seating on my Cutlass Supreme was easy to move around on and provided the most comfort on long road trips than any car I've owned.  That horizontal bolster landing near the shoulders - right above the pillow type part of the seat - also helped.

• Agree 1

Regarding Marge Schott, mostly I found her amusing.  But then I was over 2,000 miles away from her reign when she was presiding over it.

Here's the funny thing.  This is a photo of a young Marge Schott taken when she was 28, according to the caption beneath it.

SX4BVjjLb42Wn4Rh5eBsT8-Vr2ITxh7TdYC791dS

How does one go from peaches and cream to boorish, considering how much money she had?  The 180 degrees is perplexing.  Most "debs" with coin go on to be society ladies and matriarchs.

• Thanks 1

@trinacriabob 

I wanna know how in the world did you dredge up her name and memory all of a sudden like that?

I hadnt heard a peep of her since her 1990s racist incidents.  I had long since forgotten she existed until you brought her up. LOL

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

@trinacriabob 

I wanna know how in the world did you dredge up her name and memory all of a sudden like that?

I hadnt heard a peep of her since her 1990s racist incidents.  I had long since forgotten she existed until you brought her up. LOL

I have been told that I can be fairly random.

• Haha 3

My grandfather had an '82 Olds 98 Regency Brougham sedan, Light Redwood Metallic body with Autumn Red vinyl roof, and the Redwood velour interior (looking at the sales brochure).

Couldn't get situated between the seat belts; stayed pressed up against the door, only one cheek on the seat, face against the glass.

• Haha 2
  • Agree 2

On 8/29/2021 at 10:53 PM, balthazar said:

301 & 265 are low-deck motors, strangulated by design and walled-off from sharing far better engineered factory parts that would waken them up a little. Basically nothing interchanges between the shunned 265/301 and all other PMD V8s. 350 is great, these 2... no.

I am aware you gravitate towards 'lil chuggers' - serviceable engines that exhibit good longevity & reliability. Just note you can get those characteristics in something with more than 135 HP ('77 Safari 2bbl 301 growing up).

I had bookmarked a few things after this post and looking for info on these small displacement Pontiac V8s.

First, I found this.  A very cool 1982 Pontiac Grand Prix Brougham for sale up in Canada.  Check out the full exhibit of photos.  It's a Brougham that has manual windows and no A/C.  I guess they wanted the interior but not the typical Brougham options.  It can be hot and dry on the inland Canadian prairie.  It says 4.4 V8, but we know it would be a 4.3.

https://www.adrenalinmotors.ca/vehicles/776/1982-pontiac-grand-prix-brougham

Then I pulled up an article on "the forgotten V8" - the 265.  The article and the many comments said a lot about this engine and small V8s in that era.  It's all fairly interesting ... at least to me.

https://www.curbsideclassic.com/blog/the-almost-forgotten-engine-1980-1981-pontiac-265-cid-4-3l-v8-why-did-they-bother/

The article claims to have the ONLY photo on the internet of this engine ... super clean engine bay, nice layout with the distributor in the back, and an expected smaller air cleaner assembly.

Pontiac-1981-265-V8-4.3L.jpg?resize=600,

First, the effort was part CAFE and part marketing.  The CAFE gain might have been 1 mpg, but that moves the dial in the right direction.  The marketing is that people who didn't want to give up a V8 could have a V8, save "some" gas.  Buick was going to move buyers to a V6 (the 231) and some folks didn't want that.  Note that 3 divisions of GM had a "baby V8," with Pontiac coming in last, chronologically, with this smaller engine (after Olds and Chevy).  Buick was focused on the 231 V6 and did not bother with making a smaller V8.  (I think Buick including "even firing" on the 231 at its reintroduction would have gotten them more buyers, seeing how well this engine sold later.) However, in their line up, Buick offered the 260 in some cars (Skylarks) and the 265 in others (Regal, Century, and possibly the smaller, less trimmed out full-sizes). This undertaking would not have been a Cadillac thing ... they didn't make one, either.

People say some interesting things in the comments. In one post by a guy named Larry, he said that the smaller Pontiac V8, specifically the 301, was better than Chevy's 305, and it was a political thing inside GM because the Chevy one was cheaper to build.  I'll buy both of those claims.  Most said that the small V8s were extremely durable - "smooth as butter" - if less power than what's typical in a V8 was acceptable.   But the acceleration off the line in everyday driving was fine.  It's that they petered out toward the top end. This Pontiac "baby V8" actually made a whopping 10 hp more than the one by Olds and Chevy!

We've had one of these small V8s in the family and it was the Olds 260.  Our neighbors also had an Olds 260.  "Smooth as butter" definitely applies.  And, @balthazar I do like it because it's serviceable and durable, as you say.  None of  these engines bring home the bacon when it comes to some of the steep grades a person might encounter in the West.  However, the torque output of a "baby V8" is superior to that of a GM inline 6 or V6 of that era, having been in cars with both of those climbing up the Grapevine (~ 500 ft. to 4,100 ft.)  What might have been so appealing about these engines is their quiet operation when accelerating, being revved while in park, or when idling because less cubic inches probably had a different breathing set-up than a 5.7 liter type powerplant.

People did mention that these small V8s were still too much for the plagued THM 200, and did better with a larger transmission behind them.  Also, I'm thinking the drivability would have been even better if these were outfitted with rudimentary TBI instead of a carburetor, with 10 or 20 more hp.

But, over 10 years later, one could have their cake and eat it, too.  The '94 to '96 only Chevy 4.3 V8 with TBI made 200 horses and they last and last.

Edited by trinacriabob
  • Agree 2

On 9/3/2021 at 3:09 PM, trinacriabob said:

A klass act, with a "k"

marge-schott-cover.jpg

Now that I have your attention ...

As one that pays NO attention to sports what sport is she an owner in?

On just a photo standpoint, she looks constipated and would be a #itch to have to work for. Reminds me of a manager I once had that truly was the worst manager I ever had. She was fired 18 months later for cause after so many HR complaints.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, David said:

As one that pays NO attention to sports what sport is she an owner in?

On just a phot standpoint, she looks constipated and would be a #itch to have to work for. Reminds me of a manager I once had that truly was the worst manager I ever had. She was fired 18 months later for cause after so many HR complaints.

Cincinnati Reds baseball team. And a bunch of car dealerships. 

This is when her husband passed and she inherited them.  I'm thinking baseball team and car dealerships could have made her rough around the edges real fast.

Right ... she does have that office villainess look ... sadly, these types can do a lot of damage before HR deals with them as they should have earlier.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, balthazar said:

Of course... whatever the Chevy 4.3L V8 is doing over there... has nothing to do with what the Pontiac 301 is doing over there.

Your wording has me confused.

Time changed a lot with what they could squeeze out of displacements.  The latest Chevy 4.3 put out 200 hp. 

The old carbureted 3.8 (231) put out 110 hp.  In Series I, II, and III form, the 3800s put out 170 hp, 205 hp, and 200 hp, respectively.  With time, they seemed to dial in on better fuel injection and ignition systems, and really kicked up the hp.  I'm just saying that, had they kept engines like the Pontiac 265 and 301, they could have done a lot more with them, just like they did by keeping the Olds 5.0 (307) and making small improvements from when it was introduced as a carbureted engine, albeit a damn good one.

7 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

Cincinnati Reds baseball team. And a bunch of car dealerships. 

This is when her husband passed and she inherited them.  I'm thinking baseball team and car dealerships could have made her rough around the edges real fast.

Right ... she does have that office villainess look ... sadly, these types can do a lot of damage before HR deals with them as they should have earlier.

WOW, Baseball owner I can see making her very rough dealing with all the self entitled pricks that own teams and think woman belong in the kitchen, barefoot and pregnant. I think we still have a long way to go in changing view to be a much more acceptable Multi-Cultural world where woman are very much an equal to men and have a ton to offer in making things more balanced.

Yes, you are very right on how office Villains be them male/female/non-defined can cause so much hurt before they are dealt with as we lost many talented team members due to terrible managers like mine where we had a 75% turn over. I would have left if not for some personal commitments to my wife about job changes while she was in college. As it turned out, life is good due to sticking it out.

7 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

Your wording has me confused.

I think he just meant the '90s 4.3 was of a different time and place than the late 70s-early 80s small V8s...one odd factoid is in the 70s Chevy had both a 262 and a 267.  

Ford also briefly dabbled in the small V8 game with the long forgotten 255 in the early 80s. 

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Robert Hall said:

I think he just meant the '90s 4.3 was of a different time and place than the late 70s-early 80s small V8s...one odd factoid is in the 70s Chevy had both a 262 and a 267.  

Ford also briefly dabbled in the small V8 game with the long forgotten 255 in the early 80s. 

That's what I figured.

Olds:  4.3 (260)

Chevy:  4.3 (262), 4.4 (267), and, much later, 4.3 (263, I think) ... it would be interesting to see how bore and stroke differed, telling you if/which larger displacement small block they were derived from

Pontiac: 4.3 (265)

- - - - -

I vaguely remember a Ford 255 V8.  It was only around in 1980 and 1981, upon looking it up.  It was a 4.2 L. 

It would have probably worked well with the last rehash of the retro Thunderbird.

• Agree 1