Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Random Thoughts Thread

4 hours ago, balthazar said:

nissan test mule spotted on NY public road ~ 

Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 4.12.42 PM.png

That double front wheel is to help turn corners due to the heavy battery pack! ;) 

Double Windshield to give better visibility. :P 

• Haha 1

Random thoughts on this random thoughts thread on this first day of September:

1) Rankings of places based on criteria are often ridiculous and not relevant to a lot of people.  They may about the best suburb to live in, the best place to live overseas, and blah blah.  As for suburbs, you might have Overland Park, KS, The Woodlands, TX, Cranberry Township, PA, Cary, NC, and Wilsonville, OR on the list.  But if those regions are not your personality, then you'd be S.O.L.  For foreign countries, they've got places like Ecuador, Costa Rica, Spain, Portugal, France, Mexico, Vietnam, Thailand, etc.  If you don't think you'd eventually gel with Hispanic or Asian sensibilities and pace, then a person shouldn't consider them.  Then they've got "best town in every state" ... more mind numbing reading ...

2) When I was a teen, Arby's rarely ever entered my stream of consciousness.  It's like they were invisible. 

They have really upped their game, and, now, I go in more often and find sandwiches and wraps on their menu that I like.

3) The start of autumn is a mere 3 weeks away.  

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

Hispanic or Asian sensibilities and pace

I happen to like Hispanic sensibilities and pace...

You gotta LOVE the Spanish way of celebrating a girl cheating on her boyfriend with two of his buddies AT THE SAME TIME with a song and a specific dance!!!

Los del Rio - Macarena (Original Video) [HD] animated gif

Then there is the very seductive dances themselves...

A whole lot of them!!!

Im just gonna go with this club song because it reminds me of my clubbing days...but trust me, the dances are hot. And there is nothing overly sexual about them. Just very very sexy!  They know foreplay!  

EVERYBODY SALSA!!!

And the pure sexiness of the way they speak and dance and live! 

And who doesnt like a conga line at a wedding or best yet, somewhere on a Caribbean island paradise???!!!

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, balthazar said:

Ugh; Canadian Parisienne = Chevy narrow chassis & running gear.

I get you now.  When I suggested to you a while back a couple of Canadian Pontiacs when I was just a rookie here, I didnt quite understand your disdain for them. 

I knew that some Canadian Pontiacs were Chevrolets with Pontiac badging and mild sheetmetal differences from their Chevy brothers. Some actually looked like American Pontiacs. Only a true connoisseur would know the difference. But...I didnt quite catch the reasons why you wrote them off.  

I didnt know you then. I didnt know how much of an AUTHENTIC enthusiast of THE Pontiac Motor Division (and Buick) you were.  I didnt know you truly loved a REAL Pontiac.  

Now of course, I do know you and I understand (and respect) 100% where you come from!   To the point where you got ME sighing at the sight of A Body Pontiac Beaumonts!   

As MUCH as I love that 1968-1972 GM A Body, I now dont want to see ANY Pontiac Beaumont in my sights.  LOL

Sadly though,  this last generation (and the previous gen) Pontiac is no different from those Canadian Pontiacs...

6k-Mile 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 Collector Edition 6-Speed for sale on BaT  Auctions - sold for $28,000 on April 14, 2020 (Lot #30,144) | Bring a  Trailer

You got to understand that I wasnt raised in an era where Pontiac was its true own division separate from other GM brands and vice versa for the other GM brands.   So I might not accept the Beaumont anymore, but I will ALWAYS love a Trans Am, no matter if it aint a real Trans Am as how you would define it.  

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, riviera74 said:

The last generation Trans Am cars looked so cartoonish, it was hard to take them seriously.  And that was only 2003.  And that was with few if any real differences between those and the Camaro.

While the Trans Am got more aggressively teenaged styled from 1998-2002, Ill agree. 

1994 Pontiac Trans Am 25th Anniversary | S68.1 | Las Vegas 2019

But...more cartoonish though than say:

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 6-Speed for sale on BaT Auctions - sold for  $20,000 on April 24, 2020 (Lot #30,578) | Bring a Trailer

How about this?

Tested: 1992 Toyota MR2 Turbo

Or this?

Subaru Impreza 22B STi 1994 - veoautos.cl - The best designs and art from  the internet

Now...I could see where you are coming from.

But...please see where I am coming from

1988-1994 Nissan 240SX (S13): Future Classic | Autopolis

1990-96 Nissan 300ZX | Consumer Guide Auto

Awesome Car for Sale: 1994 Toyota Celica GT-Four - gallery

1994 Toyota Supra - Non-Turbo Mk4

1994 Honda Prelude Review & Ratings | Edmunds

File:3RD-Acura-Integra.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

1995 Volkswagen Corrado VR6 Storm | Registered in Manchester… | Flickr

1994 Mitsubishi Eclipse Review & Ratings | Edmunds

1994 Eagle Talon Pictures - 4 Photos | Edmunds

1994 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra Road Test

1994 Ford Probe Review & Ratings | Edmunds

1993-97 Mazda MX-6 | Consumer Guide Auto

1994 Mazda Miata Archived – Instrumented Test – Car and Driver

1994 Mazda RX-7 Review & Ratings | Edmunds

File:1993ChevroletCamaroZ28-001.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

1991-96 Dodge Stealth | Consumer Guide Auto

1994 BMW 3 Series Review & Ratings | Edmunds

I think I have all of them.

All 1994 models.  Some are turbo 4s. Some are 6es. V8s. All are more or less in the same price zone. Give or take. Sporty coupes. All competing for the same target market. 

The Trans Am HAD to look different from all of them.  Not that anyof them looked alike. NONE of these cars look alike!!!   Even the ones that share platforms look VERY VERY different from one another. But the Trans Am HAD to be the MOST aggressive of them all.  ESPECIALLY in 1998 when SUVs were coming in hot hot hot.  

I do not disagree with you.  But I do take offense by you saying it the way you are. Its like you are saying it like its a bad thing.  Its not.

Actually, most of those sporty coupes died BEFORE the Trans Am did...   At least the Trans Am saw 2002.  Most of these did not make it past 2000. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

Yes.  I like some of it, for sure, and some of their foods.

But Hispanic and Asian are big chunks, which are better broken down by country.

As for Spain, bingo.  As for Latin America, a big thumbs up to Argentina, Uruguay, and Chile ... all beautiful and with a modern standard of living and an almost European feel.  I loved these three Latin American countries.  Would very much like to visit Cuba, too.

I don't think I could roll as easily with Ecuador or Costa Rica, which are on these lists.  I once had to change planes in Panama (City) in flying from L.A. to Buenos Aires and spent the day there.  It's really lush with all these dense crazy thickets of banana plants or whatever they were.  I thought that I would not want to be walking around there, waiting for some snake to grab me or something like that.  "No" to anywhere with jungle like vegetation and animal life.

PlazaMayoBarea_1404213325.208.jpg?itok=D

Madrid, Spain (Plaza Mayor)

Madrid%20in%20Autumn.jpg

Madrid, Spain (Parque del Retiro:  Palacio de Cristal)

argentina-buenos-aires.jpg

Buenos Aires, Argentina (Avenida 9 de Julio and Obelisco)

montevideo_grande.jpg?format=1500w

Montevideo, Uruguay

punta-del-este-uruguay.jpg

Punta del Este, Uruguay

cable-car-in-san-cristobal-hill-overlook

Santiago, Chile (inland capital)

vina-del-mar-walking-tour-18.jpg

Vina del Mar, Chile (on the coast, and twin city of port city Valparaiso)

Aerol%C3%ADneas_Argentinas_Boeing_747-40

On the first trip, I flew from Miami and made damn sure I got to fly on this!  Incredible experience.

I went to South America for the first time over 15 years ago with a good impression ... and came back with a great impression.

Edited by trinacriabob

2 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

I was curious to see what Bing would give me for searching for Hispanic Sensibilities and Pace....

First thing up was this: :roflmao:

• Haha 1

WOW, this is interesting on how dirty a diesel engine becomes when it idles more than is driven.

This is ONE BAD ASS TRUCK, Isuzu should be selling it here.

Arctic Trucks’ Isuzu D-Max AT35 Is a Turbodiesel Snow Explorer (thedrive.com)

image.png

Seems Eaton is launching a new line of differentials aimed at BEVs.

Charged EVs | Eaton launches new line of differentials for electrified vehicles - Charged EVs

image.png

The company offers a full range of differentials for electrified vehicles, including automatic limited-slip, automatic locking and electronic selectable locking differentials. 

Eaton’s Traction Control solutions include:

• Truetrac—Helical-gear limited-slip differential maximizes wheel traction and enhances driving and handling characteristics. 
  • ELocker—Allows for maximum driveline flexibility. Users can switch from a fully open to a fully locked axle at the touch of a button, or it can be integrated into the vehicle (auto-locking).
  • IntelliTrac—Smart electronically controlled, limited-slip differential is fully integrated to the vehicle to provide instant response and optimized vehicle performance at any speed or traction condition.
  • MLocker—Automatic, mechanical locking differential which provides drivers traction without the need for buttons, shift knobs or other driver intervention. Improves towing and off-road performance.
  • Posi—Limited-slip differential which automatically prevents wheel slip before it can get started.
  • Open—Compact open differential which enables managing torque between left and right wheels.

Ford has brought back a classic for the 2022 model year only. 

FORD RANGER SPLASH

• A sporty, stylish blast from the past returns as the Ford Ranger adds the Splash Package for the 2022 model year
  • Ranger Splash Package includes distinctive orange and black body-side graphics, unique matte black wheels, orange and black trim inside and out, and specially designed seats
  • Ranger will also be available with Splash Limited Editions – one-time-only colors that will drop every few months, with Splash – Snow Edition kicking off the first batch of these limited-run offerings

Ranger Splash Is Back! Classic Name Reimagined in a New Package with a Series of One-Time-Only Colors to Follow | Ford Media Center

2022 Ranger Splash Package_01.jpg

More pictures at the Link above.

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, balthazar said:

Ugh; Canadian Parisienne = Chevy narrow chassis & running gear.

I loved it, actually. 

7 hours ago, David said:

I didn't like it at first but love it in these pics. 

7 hours ago, David said:

Ford has brought back a classic for the 2022 model year only. 

FORD RANGER SPLASH

• A sporty, stylish blast from the past returns as the Ford Ranger adds the Splash Package for the 2022 model year
  • Ranger Splash Package includes distinctive orange and black body-side graphics, unique matte black wheels, orange and black trim inside and out, and specially designed seats
  • Ranger will also be available with Splash Limited Editions – one-time-only colors that will drop every few months, with Splash – Snow Edition kicking off the first batch of these limited-run offerings

Ranger Splash Is Back! Classic Name Reimagined in a New Package with a Series of One-Time-Only Colors to Follow | Ford Media Center

2022 Ranger Splash Package_01.jpg

More pictures at the Link above.

Pardon me for searing, but hot enough to fuck!

Still in an audio state of mind. I ahve a good turn table...but lust after this. 

https://reverb.com/item/41533917-vintage-thorens-td166-mkii-2-speed-belt-drive-suspended-chassis-turntable?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=ad&utm_campaign=23848944490860455&utm_content=23848944491240455&utm_term=Never Better&fbclid=IwAR3IMKYn996__3ciTTra7LXi9m0iH6DliOmLAyQngo_DVEvh1cE0evbzS_I

xozpqcmptrsa4cl18gp1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

9 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Still in an audio state of mind. I ahve a good turn table...but lust after this. 

I can support that. Looking for a nice one for my living room but I think I may go direct drive instead of belt driven. Still mulling that one over.

7 hours ago, David said:

I hate to say it, but I actually like it. It does a really nice job of paying homage to the classic ZX rides like the 240 and 260 with even a little bit of the 2nd gen 300 in there. More  "back to it's roots".

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

I can support that. Looking for a nice one for my living room but I think I may go direct drive instead of belt driven. Still mulling that one over.

I hate to say it, but I actually like it. It does a really nice job of paying homage to the classic ZX rides like the 240 and 260 with even a little bit of the 2nd gen 300 in there. More  "back to it's roots".

My belt drive RT-82 Turn table with White Vinyl....Paul McCartney spinning. 

No photo description available.

Schiit Mani Phono Amp made in Texas in teh back ground. 

CD is of a string quartet, I have actually been listening to a lot of classical lately. 

In other news, looks like it might be a great year for the cleveland Browns. 

• Agree 2

Right car, right color. Love it!

@Surreal, when you do get a turntable I can't reccomend this highly enough. Made a huge difference in my lsitening enjoyment with vinyl, and US made. At $129 plus tax/shipping, a bargain!

https://www.schiit.com/products/mani?Finish=412&AC Adapter=147&gclid=Cj0KCQjw7MGJBhD-ARIsAMZ0eeuu2PN5_itvJenEXtllw9n1p48Dw8dAP6O2-KT26moLGTmH0MfpYdwaAp0ZEALw_wcB

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

21 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

CD is of a string quartet, I have actually been listening to a lot of classical lately. 

Those are really good turntables for the price. If I go with a belt driven model, it'll be something along that nature, as far design goes. Love the modern look to it. All of my "throwback" media is in my workshop (CDs, Albums, and Minidisc, yes minidisc). My current setup in my workshop. The four components here (below) cost me a grand total of $45, courtesy of of Goodwill in Peoria, AZ and the pawnshop where I work part time. I am a cheap deal fiend lol. Add in the two pairs of USA made Sony floor speakers, and I spent less than $100 for everything. 

IMG_0471.thumb.jpeg.2ad027530fdbd305239f419fbc2874f2.jpeg

Edited by surreal1272
  • Agree 4

49 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

@Surreal, when you do get a turntable I can't reccomend this highly enough. Made a huge difference in my lsitening enjoyment with vinyl, and US made. At $129 plus tax/shipping, a bargain!

Does it really make that big of a difference? Both of my receivers are pre-amped for a turntable already so I am wondering if it is truly worth adding to an existing system. Looks like some good Schiit (yes, I was itching to say that).

Edited by surreal1272
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

Does it really make that big of a difference? Both of my receivers are pre-amped for a turntable already so I am wondering if it is truly worth adding to an existing system. Looks like some good Schiit (yes, I was itching to say that).

I thought it did. Your mileage may vary. 

56 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

Those are really good turntables for the price. If I go with a belt driven model, it'll be something along that nature, as far design goes. Love the modern look to it. All of my "throwback" media is in my workshop (CDs, Albums, and Minidisc, yes minidisc). My current setup in my workshop. The four components here (below) cost me a grand total of $45, courtesy of of Goodwill in Peoria, AZ and the pawnshop where I work part time. I am a cheap deal fiend lol. Add in the two pairs of USA made Sony floor speakers, and I spent less than $100 for everything. 

IMG_0471.thumb.jpeg.2ad027530fdbd305239f419fbc2874f2.jpeg

I really really love the retro 80's and 90's vibe of this. Cheap audio is a thing. kind of cool actually. Glad you like spending time in your work shop, I love spending time in mine. Would love to bring Beer, Lemonaide or beverage of you choice and have a long listening session. 

May be art of bird

Art for Thursday. 

• Like 1

My system

@surreal1272

No description available.

Onkyo reciever will go upstairs to a dedicated home theater room (was free, helped a friend move a sofa and he gave it to me). I think I am going to pair a tube amp with the vintage Yamaha Tuner and switch between amps depending on the type of music I will listen to. Thinking of an EL 34 Tube push pull design. 

Turn table is an RT 82 Fluance. 

Pre amp is an Emotiva. 

Schiit Vidar amp. 

Sony CD player. Want ot put my Schiit Modi 3 as a DAC for the Sony. Trying to avoid dumping big bucks into a dedicated CD player/transport. 

Paradigm Refrence 9 series speakers. 

Vidar and turn table were purchased new....ONKYO and Yamaha were free fromf riends....not shown is the HSU subwoofer. Subwoofer, pre amp, Sony cheap off of FB Marketplace/Craigslist. 

Thinking of a nice OPPO CD player at some point. 

I want to replace the rocker with a comfortable chair for headphone listening. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, riviera74 said:

The last generation Trans Am cars looked so cartoonish, it was hard to take them seriously.  And that was only 2003.  And that was with few if any real differences between those and the Camaro.

I actually kind of liked them. 

6 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

My system

@surreal1272

Onkyo reciever will go upstairs to a dedicated home theater room (was free, helped a friend move a sofa and he gave it to me). I think I am going to pair a tube amp with the vintage Yamaha Tuner and switch between amps depending on the type of music I will listen to. Thinking of an EL 34 Tube push pull design. 

Turn table is an RT 82 Fluance. 

Pre amp is an Emotiva. 

Schiit Vidar amp. 

Sony CD player. Want ot put my Schiit Modi 3 as a DAC for the Sony. Trying to avoid dumping big bucks into a dedicated CD player/transport. 

Paradigm Refrence 9 series speakers. 

Vidar and turn table were purchased new....ONKYO and Yamaha were free fromf riends....not shown is the HSU subwoofer. Subwoofer, pre amp, Sony cheap off of FB Marketplace/Craigslist. 

Thinking of a nice OPPO CD player at some point. 

I want to replace the rocker with a comfortable chair for headphone listening. 

When my living room is less "disasterly" looking (been rearranging some things), I'll show you my setup. There is a 7.2 Ch Onkyo receiver in mine, Klipsch center and front surround channels and a pair of Infinity Reference (another $15 Goodwill find btw) slim profile floor speakers. Have not added a pair of back surround speakers yet but they will probably be Klipsch as well, just to keep it semi-consistent lol. A really nice turntable is in its future.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

When my living room is less "disasterly" looking (been rearranging some things), I'll show you my setup. There is a 7.2 Ch Onkyo receiver in mine, Klipsch center and front surround channels and a pair of Infinity Reference (another $15 Goodwill find btw) slim profile floor speakers. Have not added a pair of back surround speakers yet but they will probably be Klipsch as well, just to keep it semi-consistent lol. A really nice turntable is in its future.

Smart to keep it all vopiced the same. klipch stuff is nice in that it is so efficent that anything can drive it. 

I am going to do the two channel thing. Couch is a really good sweet spot for listening. 

Pic of my younger son, just happen to like the photograph. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I am excited for the Newest and final movie with Daniel Craig James Bond Movie. Seems Defender is a huge part and you can buy a 007 version.

The $115,950 Land Rover Defender V8 Bond Edition Is for 007 Cosplay (thedrive.com)

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Mustang ICE Fans should be excited by this conversation with FORD CEO about the Future of Mustang and what he wants.

QUOTE:

Farley wouldn't confirm whether or not the next Mustang will appear next year. But when asked if there are any broad Mustang goals that he would care to share at the moment, Farley responded, "For my kid to have it on his wall. Or on his phone."

Ford's CEO Wants the Next Mustang to Be a Poster Car | The Drive

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Smart to keep it all vopiced the same. klipch stuff is nice in that it is so efficent that anything can drive it. 

I am going to do the two channel thing. Couch is a really good sweet spot for listening. 

Pic of my younger son, just happen to like the photograph. 

My workshop is just a straight four channel set up with music in mind, even though the receiver is a Home Theater model. It has a bi-amp mode that allows a straight four channel mode for music, which was my goal to begin with.

Regarding my living room set up, you are correct on the speaker brand symmetry importance. I will say that the Infinitys I have to do match up pretty well and have a surprising amount of power for a slimmer profile tower. I'm more than happy with them, for sure.

14 minutes ago, David said:

I am excited for the Newest and final movie with Daniel Craig James Bond Movie. Seems Defender is a huge part and you can buy a 007 version.

The $115,950 Land Rover Defender V8 Bond Edition Is for 007 Cosplay (thedrive.com)

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

I would never own anything by Land Rover but those are very sharp looking and off road proven, for sure. Just would not want the maintenance and parts hassle.

• Agree 2

Idiots have more money than brains.

Dodge Hellcat driver flips a truck over leaving a Meet.

https://www.facebook.com/100002161939064/videos/3830636753685018/

https://www.facebook.com/100009210341876/videos/2830448417272142/

Found on You Tube.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, David said:

What is with Dodge drivers lately? Not a day goes by, when I'm on the interstate, that a Charger or Challenger driver isn't acting like they are in Cannonball Run. I am over all of them and sadly it's not just the V8 drivers out there. Even the 3.6L fools do that and I don't understand it. Just offering a master class in "How to drive like a complete Jackass: Sponsored by your friends at Mopar".

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

This brings back memories as my dad and I had left just a day before the big eruption and our 16ft aluminum fishing boat was filled with ash from one of the early pre-eruptions. I was back home in Kirkland Washington on this day when it exploded.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

What is with Dodge drivers lately? Not a day goes by, when I'm on the interstate, that a Charger or Challenger driver isn't acting like they are in Cannonball Run. I am over all of them and sadly it's not just the V8 drivers out there. Even the 3.6L fools do that and I don't understand it. Just offering a master class in "How to drive like a complete Jackass: Sponsored by your friends at Mopar".

100% agree. I swear it is a daily occurrence where I see a Charger or Challenger doing something stupid. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

18 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

11 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

100% agree. I swear it is a daily occurrence where I see a Charger or Challenger doing something stupid. 

I expect this to get even worse when Dodge releases their BEV version with the marketing message of Tear up the Road, not the planet.

• Agree 1

It’s going to be far more widespread than just Dodge, when Joe Q Marginaldriver says ‘watch how fast this thing accelerates!!’ in supermarket lots, residential streets, highway off-ramps, etc etc.

Really makes me wonder what insurance rates are going to balloon to; might be another ‘muscle car crackdown’ like in the early ‘70s. 🤔

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, David said:

Found on You Tube.

Poor truck...

The rolling stones found thier next drummer. 

May be an image of 1 person and playing a musical instrument

British rock is....British Rock. 

1 hour ago, balthazar said:

It’s going to be far more widespread than just Dodge, when Joe Q Marginaldriver says ‘watch how fast this thing accelerates!!’ in supermarket lots, residential streets, highway off-ramps, etc etc.

Really makes me wonder what insurance rates are going to balloon to; might be another ‘muscle car crackdown’ like in the early ‘70s. 🤔

Actually with a good driving record, insuring everything I have wanted to insure ahs been pretty cheap. 

• Agree 2

@surreal1272

Interesting interview with a music lover with a very cheap system. 

This pic is priceless...

May be an image of body of water and nature

I have been stupid tired from work...

May be a meme of text that says 'Me: should clean my room Me after picking up one sock:'

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

Hey! Who you calling' cheap? Oh wait. That was me. I'm cheap. 

Carry on.

It takes real creativity to make a good sounding system with inexpensive gear. it's a matter of synergy. Lots of expensive systems sound like crap. 

Video was pretty good actually, I thought. 

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, balthazar said:

Its already here this problem with a certain type of vehicle you are insinuating.

Its not with speed though...

Tesla driver caught on camera apparently asleep at the wheel

Tesla driver filmed 'sleeping at the wheel' of semi-autonomous Model X |  The Independent | The Independent

And the common perception is to blame Tesla. OK...not a bad idea to blame Tesla as Elon Musk is falsely praing autonomous driving.   But the BIGGER problem is that I dont here ANYBODY put the ONUS on the DRIVERS...

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Video was pretty good actually, I thought. 

It was pretty good, for the record.

24 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

I believe the term is frugal.

And there is NOTHING wrong with that.  I high five you! 

High Five GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

My dad was the frugal king. I am merely his humble frugal servant. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

17 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

It was pretty good, for the record.

My dad was the frugal king. I am merely his humble frugal servant. 

My lovely wife is the same way.

I may not be so frugal. But,  I have adopted a more simplistic, minimalist lifestyle the past few years complimenting her frugal ways.

• Agree 2

On 9/2/2021 at 7:31 AM, A Horse With No Name said:

i really dig the Fluance turntables.  Here is my RT-82.  I really want to get an RT-85

EDITTTT i have an RT-81

480D7711-F385-4A9D-96BF-B748860B3B1E.jpeg

image.png

image.png

Edited by regfootball
  • Agree 2

6 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

May be an image of car and text that says 'ExactDetail etail REPLICAS LICAS Model 404 2000 1:18 Scale S Edition Limited μπο PONTIAC Firebird 400 m Air, 4-Speed 201'

May be an image of toy and car

That is a niiiiice model.

Ive got 74 of them. I once had over 100.  I got rid of the ones that I had a duplicate of.  Like for example I currently  have a 1969 Olds 442,  a 1971 Olds 442 and a 1970 455 Cutlass SX.  I gave away the 1970 Olds 442 pains me but I DO I have the SX.  It was between the '70 and the '71.  I decided to keep the '71 since the front end is different from a '70) and a 1968 Olds 442.  I gave away a General Lee Charger, but I kept a very nice plum crazy '70 Charger.  Although I DO prefer a '69 over the '70, the colour of the '71 is sooooo much nicer lookin'. ETC...  

Gave them away to friends or their kids for them to start their own collections. 

These are MY 1st gen F-Bodies. 

IMG_0087.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

Im only gonna add 1 more to my collection.  And its gonna be a C8 Corvette. Im waiting to see if I like the Z06. As Chevy hasnt revealed the Z06 yet, obviously a die cast is not available for it yet.   But it will be either a Z06 or the Sting Ray C8 to complete my collection. 

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Agree 2