Random Thoughts Thread

Nice fall day...love this weather... went out for a couple hikes yesterday in one of the local metro parks and the national park.   Mulched some leaves in my yard.  Went to  my favorite custard stand on the last day open for the year.   Going out out again today...weather is too nice to stay at home and watch tv...got to hit the backroads and ramble...

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

26 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Nice fall day...love this weather... went out for a couple hikes yesterday in one of the local metro parks and the national park.   Mulched some leaves in my yard.  Went to  my favorite custard stand on the last day open for the year.   Going out out again today...weather is too nice to stay at home and watch tv...got to hit the backroads and ramble...

It's been unseasonably warm here (NC) to the last few days and will continue through tomorrow. 78 today and possibly 81 tomorrow. I'm not complaining at all though. Sat outside late last night night and didn't even have to crank up the fire pit. I did anyway lol.image.thumb.jpeg.376d2d29299e46224dd1a0b7d88c9815.jpeg

• Like 2

Cold rain here in the greater Seattle Area, passes have all got a good foot or more of snow this weekend. No real fall, just summer and then a week ago, cold rain and now winter. Hopefully my fall allergies will end soon too.

Friday night to Saturday night gave us this.

Snag_8a4963d.png

Nothing Saturday to Sunday, but Sunday night to this morning.

Snag_8a4a4f3.png

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

23 minutes ago, David said:

Cold rain here in the greater Seattle Area, passes have all got a good foot or more of snow this weekend. No real fall, just summer and then a week ago, cold rain and now winter. Hopefully my fall allergies will end soon too.

Snag_8a4963d.png

Snag_8a4a4f3.png

And you can have all of that lol.

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone!

I have a whole bunch of ideas I'm brewing for the site, both series and article ideas.... plug a whole bunch of reviews to write.

@David Imma gonna need your Dell friends and family discount on a new laptop soon! My mid-Obama Era HP just can't cut it anymore.

• Like 3

WOW, I am so NOT surprised by the You Tuber Idiots that buy expensive toys and destroy them, but even this one surprised me. 9 Miles and Totaled.

Total Douchebag 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

32 minutes ago, David said:

WOW, I am so NOT surprised by the You Tuber Idiots that buy expensive toys and destroy them, but even this one surprised me. 9 Miles and Totaled.

Total Douchebag 

And a lot of these assclowns intentionally break their toys for the clicks..

and

Happy Birthday, @Drew Dowdell!

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Agree 4

15 hours ago, David said:

Total Douchebag 

There are a ton of YouTubers that get all of their views by destroying crazy expensive vehicles. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

I am in the wrong business if they can be intentionally totaling Hummer EVs and making a profit from it.

185,000 subscribers and his videos have anywhere from 50,000-400,000 views. That must pay well enough. 

I won't be one of this subscribers nor viewers. His stuff looks like complete clickbait garbage. 

One of his videos is titled, "Thug PULLS OUT GUN and HITS ME *ON CAMERA*" and "I MADE MY FRIEND DRIVE A STOLEN LAMBORGHINI LOL"

I can't eyeroll hard enough.

• Agree 2

15 hours ago, David said:

Total Douchebag 

My "Facepalm" is a reaction to the video itself. and yes, Level 10000 Master Class Douchebag. Got exactly what he deserved for being a complete idiot. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, ccap41 said:

Guarantee he's doing better by totaling it rather than it just being perfectly fine.

Would love to see him total that Ferrari he pulls the hummer in next too.

2 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

An idiot is still an idiot, no matter how zeros are in his or hers bank account. 

Yes, I still think he is a Douchebag, but would also like to see that overrated Ferrari get trashed after he was such an idiot with the Hummer that DID NOT deserve being trashed this way.

1 minute ago, David said:

Yes, I still think he is a Douchebag, but would also like to see that overrated Ferrari get trashed after he was such an idiot with the Hummer that DID NOT deserve being trashed this way.

The Hummer doesn't deserve to be trashed but the Ferrari does? Hahaha WHAT?!

What Ferrari even is it? 

7 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

The Hummer doesn't deserve to be trashed but the Ferrari does? Hahaha WHAT?!

What Ferrari even is it? 

No Idea, but ugly it is.

Snag_e5b026d.pngSnag_e5b1e23.png

7 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

I know looks are subjective but this is way prettier than any SUV ever, IMO. Also, it appears to be an F8. 

Ferrari F8.webp

Yes, Looks/style are subjective. I know some would take it in a heartbeat, but I would take a Corvette any day over this Italian mess IMHO. C8 just has smoother flowing lines to me.

2020-Corvette-C8-1.jpg

On 11/7/2022 at 8:38 AM, David said:

Snag_8a4963d.png

Snag_8a4a4f3.png

Gets a slight dusting of snow and thinks its winter... 

The temperature is probably hovering just a tad below freezing...

Quebec election: Montreal mayor says relationship with CAQ works | CTV News

Although in Montreal, it has been very very...summery over the last week and especially over this past week-end,  Premier Legault, Mayor Plante and myself find it funny that Seattle got snow and we havent still.  

But what Seattle gets as snow in a year is laughable in itself though.   

On 11/7/2022 at 9:12 AM, David said:

Send more my way please! 😃

All you have to do is just travel a couple of States to the East of where you are and you will have as much snow as you would desire. But I guarantee it wouldnt be long before you retract that statement.

BTW, Seattle gets that nice dusty, fluffy snow. Further east of where you are, and where I am, snow aint that adorable as what you get in Seattle.  

Seattle gets a measly 6.8 inches of snow per year.  State of Washington gets 12-18.  The mountains.  How cute.  (I googled) 

Montreal gets on average 82.5.   And during the colder months, its that shytty icey snow.  One hour in a real shytty Montreal snowstorm and I guarantee you wouldnt be asking for more.  You would want to cower back to Seattle...

And that is just a Montrealer bitchin' about snow.  There are other major US and Canadian cities that get it a lot WORSE... 

About that Ferrari.

Its a SF90

Ferrari SF90 Stradale prova, scheda tecnica, opinioni e dimensioni 4.0 V8  biturbo - alVolante.it

Its a cousin to the Hummer EV as in its a hybrid. 

3 electric motors producing 217 horsepower in conjuction with a twin turbo 4.0 liter V8 producing 768 horsepower.  Total system power is 986 HP and 590 ft/lbs tourque @ 6000 RPM. 

0-60 in  2.5 seconds. As per Ferrari.  As per Car and Driver, they managed a 2 second run flat  0-60.     Quarter mile in 9.6 seconds @ 145 MPH as per Motortrend.  Range on electric power alone is laughable @ 16 miles, but this hybrid was not engineered to be saving the planet and be free of oil. Its engineered to enhance the speed performance specs.   

It holds Ferraris fastest lap times at their tracks. 

Its the fastest hybrid AND gasoline powered car not only in Ferrari's stable but THE fastest hybrid AND gasoline powered car to date.

The insane half a million dollar price tag is just...insane.

But it IS  a Ferrari.  And Ferrari owners really dont care what anybody thinks of their Ferrari. And THAT is the beauty of belonging to the Ferrari club.

If those morons destroy that Ferrari for Youtube clickbates, that will be their LAST time they get their hands on a Ferrari.  And THAT is ANOTHER guarantee I make in this post! 

Or it could be a F8 Tributo.  I am REFUSING to click on the video.  After seeing CCAPs post.

It dont matter.  

Ferrari owners really dont care about what other folk think about Ferraris. About the exclusive Ferrari ownership thing.

But I will repeat, they will crash that Ferrari on purpose for Youtube revenue, it will be their LAST Ferrari they will ever see.  And quite possibly, Ferrari might even sue them...

The Corvette engineers  were benchmarking the Ferrari 458.  And the Porsche 911 GT3.  

That says a lot about how over rated Ferrari is.  I guess. 

40 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Based solely on looks, there's no way I'm taking a C8 over an F8. 

Ferrari is finally getting off their ugly phase.  

Like @Robert Hall stated, the Corvette C8 is more of a attainable purchase on may levels.  But that is what Corvettes do.  

Both the F8 and the C8 have their respective beautiful sight lines.  They also have ugliness too.

I like Ferraris.  Especially this family of Ferraris.  The mid-engined V8 family of models. 

I like the Porsche 911. Most model years.  

The Corvette would be my favorite in this category of sports cars.   

But this category of sports cars is not what I aspire to own.   Muscle cars, midsized and full sized,  and fullsized American land yachts, luxury and convertible, is what makes me, me.  Pony cars right after.  Various Japanese sports cars of the 1980s and 1990s seem to be getting a lot of love from me lately.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

About that Ferrari.

Its a SF90

Ferrari SF90 Stradale prova, scheda tecnica, opinioni e dimensioni 4.0 V8  biturbo - alVolante.it

Not if you look at the headlight, the upward turn of the lower lip, and the little vent in front of the wheel. Snag_e5b1e23.png.5b6e3061ba6f4629578d301f59b1a3d0.png.2bbe36c84350717fc2d9a44df6934899.png1040775260_FerrariF8.thumb.webp.e90d6c32704f7c099c0c2d6e4c91d405.webp

The more I look at it, I don't think I'm right either but the only thing throwing me off is the vent in front of the wheel. It may be a different variation of F8. 

20 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

If those morons destroy that Ferrari for Youtube clickbates, that will be their LAST time they get their hands on a Ferrari.  And THAT is ANOTHER guarantee I make in this post! 

That's the catch 22 with my love-hate relationship with Ferrari. I love that they CAN do that, but I also think it's complete garbage that they DO do things like that. 

4 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

Like @Robert Hall stated, the Corvette C8 is more of a attainable purchase on may levels.  But that is what Corvettes do. 

Oh 100%. That's why I made it clear that JUST based on aesthetics, I'd be in the Ferrari over a C8. The C8 is a GREAT car but it just isn't anywhere near as beautiful, IMO. 

5 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

But this category of sports cars is not what I aspire to own.   Muscle cars, midsized and full sized,  and fullsized American land yachts, luxury and convertible, is what makes me, me.  Pony cars right after.  Various Japanese sports cars of the 1980s and 1990s seem to be getting a lot of love from me lately.  

I agree. Since I've aged, these 2-seater sports cars aren't what I dream of anymore. Yes, id I had the money, I'd be in one. I just don't dream about them nor care much about them because they're so far out of the realm of possibilities that they're just kind of "whatever" to me, at this point.

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

But what Seattle gets as snow in a year is laughable in itself though.   

All you have to do is just travel a couple of States to the East of where you are and you will have as much snow as you would desire. But I guarantee it wouldnt be long before you retract that statement.

BTW, Seattle gets that nice dusty, fluffy snow. Further east of where you are, and where I am, snow aint that adorable as what you get in Seattle.  

Seattle gets a measly 6.8 inches of snow per year.  State of Washington gets 12-18.  The mountains.  How cute.  (I googled) 

Montreal gets on average 82.5.   And during the colder months, its that shytty icey snow.  One hour in a real shytty Montreal snowstorm and I guarantee you wouldnt be asking for more.  You would want to cower back to Seattle...

And that is just a Montrealer bitchin' about snow.  There are other major US and Canadian cities that get it a lot WORSE... 

Not sure where you get your info, maybe this is a Google French thing in Canada as while yes, Seattle gets less than an Inch of snow a year in the lowlands, our Mountains get way more than you ever get.

• Mount Baker Highway gets an average of 651" of snow a year. For your metric measure, that is 16.535 meters
  • Stevens Pass, HWY 2 over the mountains gets an average of 474" of snow a year, 12.04 meters
  • Crystal Mountain, Hwy 410 to Crystal Mountain Blvd gets an average of 413" of snow a year, 10.49 meters
  • White Pass over the mountains, Hwy 12 gets an average of 380" of snow a year, 9.625 meters
  • Snoqualmie Pass over the Mountains, I90 gets an average of 387" of snow a year, 9.83 meters

This covers all the major highways, and the snow level is not a dusty fluffy snow. PNW gets a very wet, heavy snow.

In fact one of the complaints after the heavy snow fall we had this weekend on the passes is that the wet heavy snow tends to reduce greatly the LED headlights on the Rivian and I have seen the same complaints on Tesla as the headlights do not produce any heat.

Un-drivable at night in wet PNW snow | Rivian Forums - R1T & R1S Owners, News, Discussions, RIVN Stock

PNW has NEVER had champaign powder, but wet heavy snow that builds up, creates plenty of slippery roads.

Here is last years snow in Seattle and the terrible city drivers.

5 minutes ago, David said:

our Mountains get way more than you ever get.

Yeah...Mountains.  

I stopped my thoughts at the mountains by accident because I wanted say that in the mountains, there is a lot more snow.  Because mountains.  

Seattle gets NOTHING.  6.8 inches of snow.  LOL.  Then you proceed to tell me about the Rockies.  Dude, you are sooooo phoquing far from the Rockies.  I didnt mention the Laurentians.  You mention the Rockies as pride yourself like Seattle is some sort of snow haven.  GTFO Dave. LOL. 

Its cute how you wanna make it sound that the PNW is some sort of snow hell.  Dude, stop it. 

The mountains is one thing.  The overall State and Seattle is just a walk in the park.

I guarantee you, you, yeah you Dave, you wouldnt last an hour in a Montreal snowstorm...

No matter how many youtube vids you wanna post about Seattle snow falls.  

Title says heavy snowfall...

This snowfall is 5 years worth of snow for Seattle.  In just one snowfall.  And its just an heavy snowfall for us.

Snowstorms dont really happen anymore, climate change, but Dave, thanks for the laugh this morning... 

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

Seattle gets NOTHING.  6.8 inches of snow.  LOL.  Then you proceed to tell me about the Rockies.  Dude, you are sooooo phoquing far from the Rockies.  I didnt mention the Laurentians.  You mention the Rockies as pride yourself like Seattle is some sort of snow haven.  GTFO Dave. LOL. 

Its cute how you wanna make it sound that the PNW is some sort of snow hell.  Dude, stop it. 

The mountains is one thing.  The overall State and Seattle is just a walk in the park.

HAHAHA St. Louis gets more snow than Seattle! ~18"/year. Which isn't a lot. We usually just get one or two bad storms and that's about it. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

The more I look at it, I don't think I'm right either but the only thing throwing me off is the vent in front of the wheel. It may be a different variation of F8. 

Its an F8.  You are right.  Its a variant of some sort. 

I looked at it quickly from the thumbnail as I didnt want to click on the video.  I dont want to be a part of their revenue. 

35 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Oh 100%. That's why I made it clear that JUST based on aesthetics, I'd be in the Ferrari over a C8. The C8 is a GREAT car but it just isn't anywhere near as beautiful, IMO. 

The F8, or even the SF90, the 458 and 488, are all more elegantly styled than the C8.  There are some lines that are convoluted  on them, but the C8 is brutish just for brutish sake because its a Corvette.  Which makes the C8 lines a tad uglier in some angles.   There should be no denying that.  I agree with you 100% as well.  

Hey...we found common gorund???!!!

We always do inn the end. 

40 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

That's the catch 22 with my love-hate relationship with Ferrari. I love that they CAN do that, but I also think it's complete garbage that they DO do things like that. 

And a catch-22 it is.

This Ferrari special club thing does not bother me at all.  But I DO understand with someone that finds fault with it.  

And the hypocritical thing about me liking that aspect and actually accepting it is that Im sooooo against elitism in every other aspect in life. 

• Agree 1

I'm pretty sure Erie and Buffalo get more inches of snow per year than Denver or Seattle.  The Lake Effect at the NE end of Lake Erie is pretty powerful. 

Snowfall totals here in Cleveland can vary wildly because of the Lake Effect...

Speaking of the C8, I realize I'm now in the target demographic..middle aged, good income, chunky and balding w/ gray hair, got my white New Balance shoes, golf clubs, Hawaiian shirts.   But I'm not going to wear jean shorts (part of the Corvette stereotype).   

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

Yeah...Mountains.  

I stopped my thoughts at the mountains by accident because I wanted say that in the mountains, there is a lot more snow.  Because mountains.  

I guarantee you, you, yeah you Dave, you wouldnt last an hour in a Montreal snowstorm...

No matter how many youtube vids you wanna post about Seattle snow falls.  

Title says heavy snowfall...

This snowfall is 5 years worth of snow for Seattle.  In just one snowfall.  And its just an heavy snowfall for us.

Snowstorms dont really happen anymore, climate change, but Dave, thanks for the laugh this morning... 

Olds, I never mentioned the Rocky's. Maybe you are a little confused on geography. All the passes that are heavily used and ski areas are here in Washington State. 

I so could care the Phoque, your term less about the Rockies. 

The Cascade Mountains and Olympic mountains are the only interest of this Washington Born and raised resident.

Yes, I know from personal experience of having visited once during the winter that Montreal gets nasty snow. I take nothing away from it.

Many people joke about Seattle and how little snow we get and how folks freak out. Yet once they are here and realize the hills and that nothing is flat like the mid-west or that the snow is not dry, they then finally understand the craziness that happens with the Seattle area and snow. 

Two important facts;

1. The most snowfall in North America is around the PNW area of Mt. Baker.
  2. The wettest place in North America is also where a movie series was done, Twilight, town of Forks is actually not the wettest place, but Sequim.

Top 35 US Ski Resorts With The Highest Average Snowfall | Unofficial Networks

Climate and Weather - Weather in North America Washington is the winner for a state of Rain

10 Wettest Cities In The United States - WorldAtlas

So just saying we are a wet place to live and have some of the biggest snow fall totals around the Greater Seattle area.

1 minute ago, Robert Hall said:

I'm pretty sure Erie and Buffalo get more inches of snow per year than Denver or Seattle.  The Lake Effect at the NE end of Lake Erie is pretty powerful. 

Snowfall totals here in Cleveland can vary wildly because of the Lake Effect...

Exactly. 

That is why I said that as a Montrealer, I whine about snowfalls and the type we get, but the snowbelt, which includes Clevekand and Buffalo and I think Detroit and Chicago, is nothing as compared to those places. 

And here we have David, telling me about Seattle. LOL.

And then he gets confused as to why I disregard not only Seattle, but Mt. Rainier as well.  

Mt. Rainier....   Its not a city.  And he does not live on top of Mt. Rainier.  If Mt Ranier has a snowstorm, Im guaranteeing he is NOT traveling up the mountain to sight see.  But in Montreal or Cleveland or Detroit, MILLIONS of people get affected and have to deal with the aftermath.

During and after.

Notice...all videos are of different years...

5 minutes ago, David said:

Many people joke about Seattle and how little snow we get and how folks freak out.

6.8 inches of snow...

Dude...you guys freak out because snow is not a thing for you.

We get snow...take a look at the snow falls. The snownbanks. Covering the cars.  We do NOT freak out.  

We may bitch, but mostly we laugh about it... 

Remember, your words.  You used freak out because people OUTSIDE of Seattle look at YOU guys and YOU guys probably freak out. 

Nobody accuses a Canadian in general about freaking out about snowfalls...  

• Agree 1
  • Facepalm 1

@oldshurst442 Maybe you need to take a step back and reread my posts. I never mentioned Mt. Rainer. That is part of a national park here, most people never go there during the summer let alone winter.

I focused on the passes where there are also the ski resorts and 10's of thousands of people if not 100's of thousands go during the winter to play. Then these same passes have MILLIONS of trucks and autos go over them especially during the holiday season.

I90 is a major highway that supplies North America with products from all the container ships that come to port and unload. Hence those truckers have to deal with the crazy water heavy snow that falls and is on hills causing slippage. 

Yes, Seattle does not have to deal with Feet of snow that hangs around during the winter like where you live, but I joke and laugh at how we play auto pin ball when we do get snow due to nothing here being flat and you can go from sea level to 1,000 feet above sea level and snow in a matter of minutes due to all the hills here. Then if you want winter sports or need to go to pretty flat eastern Washington, you have to go over all the hills and up the cascade mountain passes.

I NO WHERE took anything away from Canada or any other place that has far more snow fall in their city and has it hang around for months. I love snow, love winter as my favorite season, but also love living here where I have my four seasons usually and cold wet rain most of the time, with a short drive to go play in the wet heavy snow we get here.

9 minutes ago, David said:

Two important facts;

1. The most snowfall in North America is around the PNW area of Mt. Baker.

Who gives a shyte about Mt Baker.

Nobody LIVES on MT Baker...

The confused lookm and the facepalm things you do should be directed towards you...

Seattle is where you live.  Not Mt Baker.   The Rockies are the mountain range more East.  So what???!!!  There is a smaller mountain range that is part of the continental crust that was formed at the same time billions of years ago....   The Rockies go all the way south to South America.  The mountains that are near Seattle are part of the Sierra Madre? Or or those part of the Rockies?  It dont matter.   Innocent mistake.  Same difference though.  

Problem is, you are trying to make it seem that Seattle is a dangerous snow place. Its not.  Its a walk in the park...

Unlike these...

A leisurley walk the title says.

Nobody freaking out.   Take a look at the snow on the ground....   The video you posted is comical...  And yes. The last video is from 2022.  A quite calm year for snowfall in Montreal.  Climate change... 

10 minutes ago, David said:

I focused on the passes where there are also the ski resorts

Ski resorts...

Dude...

You live in Seattle...cut it out. 

• Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

Who gives a shyte about Mt Baker.

Nobody LIVES on MT Baker...

The confused lookm and the facepalm things you do should be directed towards you...

Seattle is where you live.  Not Mt Baker.   The Rockies are the mountain range more East.  So what???!!!  There is a smaller mountain range that is part of the continental crust that was formed at the same time billions of years ago....   The Rockies go all the way south to South America.  The mountains that are near Seattle are part of the Sierra Madre? Or or those part of the Rockies?  It dont matter.   Innocent mistake.  Same difference though.  

Problem is, you are trying to make it seem that Seattle is a dangerous snow place. Its not.  Its a walk in the park...

Unlike these...

A leisurley walk the title says.

Nobody freaking out.   Take a look at the snow on the ground....   The video you posted is comical...  And yes. The last video is from 2022.  A quite calm year for snowfall in Montreal.  Climate change... 

Ski resorts...

Dude...

You live in Seattle...cut it out. 

Wow and look who is trolling me now.

I actually do not live in Seattle, but up north over 1hr away, much closer to Stevens Pass and I am sure the 250,000 people that live on and around Mt. Baker would care. 

I never stated Seattle was a dangerous place, those are your words. I only talked about how crazy it is here due to the wet snow and the lack of people being able to drive safely in it as seen in the video.

Enough said, since reference is what this was about and my love of snow never had nothing to do with dangerous places.

Enjoy your trolling of me, as I am done with this conversation.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, David said:

Wow and look who is trolling me now.

I actually do not live in Seattle, but up north over 1hr away, much closer to Stevens Pass and I am sure the 250,000 people that live on and around Mt. Baker would care. 

I never stated Seattle was a dangerous place, those are your words. I only talked about how crazy it is here due to the wet snow and the lack of people being able to drive safely in it as seen in the video.

Enough said, since reference is what this was about and my love of snow never had nothing to do with dangerous places.

Enjoy your trolling of me, as I am done with this conversation.

Trolling you... Yeah. I was.

But there is plenty of misrepresentation on your part.  Ill just start with this and just stay with that:   Your thingy states that you live in Seattle. 

I was needling

5 Reasons to Visit the Space Needle - Burien Toyota Blog

you because I found it funny that someone that supposedly lives in the...ahem...GREATER  Seattle area

"Cold rain here in the greater Seattle Area, passes have all got a good foot or more of snow this weekend. No real fall, just summer and then a week ago, cold rain and now winter. Hopefully my fall allergies will end soon too.

Friday night to Saturday night gave us this."

would be measuring snowfall.  

Snag_8a4a4f3.png

With nice, fluffy, powdery, snow...   

Nothing 'wet' about that snow either...

And I wanna know, if living 1 hour away from the big city, lets say 1 hour away, does that still constitue "the greater Seattle area"?   Another misrepresentation, maybe? 

And then, the wanting more of it had me in stitches...    

Because, knowing what I know about snow and ice...and Stevens Pass getting a shyte ton more of that than Montreal, you really want more of that crap?  

Im assuming that Stevens Pass gets more snow than Montreal does.    

Begging the question, you really actually DO want more?   Because, you telling me that Seattle folk cant drive in snow...and I see the problems with that every damned year...

And getting all that snow, at about Stevens Pass, and the drivers there are still shytty drivers?

Because we know why Seattle drivers cant drive in snow, they dont see all that much of it?

But as I know, sometimes its NOT the shytty drivers that are shytty, but the DRIVING conditions that are shytty and THAT is what causes the havoc?

But you knew that, right?  About  the driving conditions, but you actually want MORE of those dangerous driving conditions?   THAT is what I found comical...because that is what I equated it to.  NOT the skiing snow. But the dangerous driving conditions snow does...

2 hours ago, David said:

, but I joke and laugh at how we play auto pin ball when we do get snow due to nothing here being flat and you can go from sea level to 1,000 feet above sea level and snow in a matter of minutes due to all the hills here

and then you tell me that the PNW gets the MOST snow in ALL of North America...but then tell me that Seattle does NOT get the snow Montreal gets but then tells me that hundreds of thousands of tourists visit...

Listen David, I understand the enigma of Washington State and its geography and the rain and the snow and all that.  Believe ME I understand.  

Montreal is not all that different, dude. 

Montreal is in a valley. The Saint Lawrence Valley.   Mountains surround Montreal too.  Not towering mountains like what Seattle has.  The Rockies and the mountain range closer to Seattle. 

2 hours and some away is Quebec City and they get a lot more snow than Montreal does.  2 hour drive from Montreal up north and we hit the Laurentian Mountains. Although the total amount of snowfalls there are not that far off from Montreal's yearly totals, they do pale in comparison to Mt Baker and Mt Ranier.  But we also get thousands of tourists and skiers and the like.    

But you got to admit, its quite comical, for a guy like me, LIVING in winter hell for the better part of the year, it WAS almost 6 months before climate change happened so quickly, for a Seattle person, living 1 hours away from Seattle, telling me that he enjoys 4 seasons and winter, keeping in mind that Montreal and the Saint Lawrence Valley USED to be easily 5 months in snow,  that to measure a relative small amount of powdery is quite amusing...to me.    

Then trying to school me about it. About the whole snow thing and about drivers playing ping pong...

I posted a video about literal ping ponging...that happened in...MONTREAL.

Its NOT a penis measuring contest. No its NOT.

But...you got to admit, from MY point of view. Its quite COMICAL that I HAD to needle you. Troll you if you will about this whole thing. 

Stevens Mountain passes, Mt Rainier,  the Rockies. This whole thing. 

Love you always...but from the beach

Beach, Beach quotes, Beach time

because I TOO, love the snow. But Montreal could delay it, then I will take it! 

18 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

I think the word "trolling" gets mixed up with "disagree" or maybe "argue" these days. 

Just because two people aren't agreeing with one another, doesn't mean one person is intentionally trying to upset/piss them off. 

No...he is right. I was trolling him! 

:) 

Edited by oldshurst442

Reality is complex.  Some places get very little snow.  Some get a lot.  Some tend to get wet snow.  Some get dry snow.  Some have a lot of sun.  Some have a lot of rain.   There are many microclimates.    I've lived in enough different places across the US to know what I like and what I don't like.

5 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Reality is complex.  Some places get very little snow.  Some get a lot.  Some tend to get wet snow.  Some get dry snow.  Some have a lot of sun.  Some have a lot of rain.   There are many microclimates.    I've lived in enough different places across the US to know what I like and what I don't like.

True dat.

And we are all in a place in life to know what we like and dont like.  

What I wanna know, is how many times does @David shovel his cars out of his driveway...and of he enjoys that as much as he loves skiing? 

Because I LOVE skiing. I HATE shoveling snow off my cars!!! 

Both involve snow. 

Like you said.

Reality is complex.  There is wet snow and dry snow and icey snow.

Then there is snow on ski slopes and snow on the road. Snow and ice on your ski goggles and snow and ice on your damned windshield...

I wanna know if he enjoys the snow and ice on his windshield trying to get to work on the freeway as much as he loves snow and ice on his goggles when he is skiing?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1