Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Random Thoughts Thread

1 hour ago, oldshurst442 said:

You could be Chevy Chase because you are the tallest one and I could be Martin Short as I am the shortest one. And @surreal1272 could be Steve Martin because well...he would be the remaining 3rd Amigo. 

I have zero issue with this lol. Love Steve Martin!

1 hour ago, oldshurst442 said:

I think that @surreal1272 went through the same as well. 

Shoulder, four years ago, actually and currently staring at a hip replacement in the near future (have to deal with the nerve issues in the back first). We won't talk about knees though as my right knee may decide to join in on the pain party, thirty years after damn near tearing it during my very last game of pickup football lol. I have virtually no real cartilage left there since that incident and have been predicting rain with it since 1992.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, David said:

True, I am finally downstairs working, so I am able to keep an eye on the site. WOW, I have a high pain tolerance, but this is a new kind of pain that I have not experienced. Roll my left leg to the left and all is fine. Roll it to my right and wow, stars. On top of this, just got a call from my doctor about discomfort I have had in my right hip and waking up at night with my right calf cramping and he had me get x-rays on Friday. Results show degenerative disc in L1 to L7 and L5 pinching on my sciatic nerve. Go figure, nothing I ever do is easy or in small quantities. LOL

Yeah, I feel your pain on a personal level. I would wake up with maddening cramps in both calfs just by doing the "I just woke up" stretch. Holy hell! A s*** way to start the day. Get it taken care of, whatever it is. Mine has been that plus crazy nerve pain.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

Yeah, I feel your pain on a personal level. I would wake up with maddening cramps in both calf's just by doing the "I just woke up" stretch. Holy hell! A s*** way to start the day. Get it taken care of, whatever it is. Mine has been that plus crazy nerve pain.

I totally feel your pain mate, the right but cheek has that pins and needle affect along with the calf cramp and the occasional toe tingles. Sucks, but first I have to address my left knee, then I can address the low back, pinched nerve issues.

On a funny note, my son asked me to marry him and his fiancée. I said yes, but Washington state requires you to be a part of religion. So I followed the links from the WA state website that points to a variety of organizations that will certify you to perform weddings. 

This atheist is now an ordained minister! 🤣

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, David said:

I totally feel your pain mate, the right but cheek has that pins and needle affect along with the calf cramp

That is all from your back. Pinch and radiated nerve pain. I get shots of pain throughout but the worst happens across my right big toe. Literally feels like a hot wire charge when it hits. It is no joke and I am getting an EMG test for my nerve issues to try and narrow down the cause. Get that addressed pronto, is my advice here. 

• Agree 2

I get a kick out of reading reviews of hotels overseas on venues like Tripadvisor where people from many countries sound off on their experiences.

I seem to run into one common ESL-ism, whereby reviewers comment that "the stuff" was usually really good, or sometimes not so good.  In context, it's obvious this implies it's "the staff."  However, they're going off of how they would pronounce it phonetically.

These reviewers will often be from Eastern Europe and the Middle East, most of the time.  I love stuff like this ... in our world that is so far from being remotely monolingual. 

@oldshurst442 Thought of you today, when I had a single meeting after my doctors appointment. A new team member based in California was chatting with one of our team members based in Toronto. The California team member just could not grasp why the Toronto team member could not drive to Calgary and back in the same day to have lunch at the CN Tower.

Baby Lol GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, David said:

@oldshurst442 Thought of you today, when I had a single meeting after my doctors appointment. A new team member based in California was chatting with one of our team members based in Toronto. The California team member just could not grasp why the Toronto team member could not drive to Calgary and back in the same day to have lunch at the CN Tower.

Baby Lol GIF by MOODMAN

A California dude you said, huh?

yeah... 

Looksie what I looked and  found  on the double-u  double-u  double-u and it didnt take long...the one on the right.  (your other right for our California readers.. just in case they get confused on which right to look at) 

Funny fails and moments of internet stupidity, california, funny tweetsk social media

Really 'splains alot...  

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

Funny fails and moments of internet stupidity, california, funny tweetsk social media

I like the photo on the right and its caption.

It's both easy and difficult to explain, with the latter applying to someone not familiar with the state's educational landscape.

In addition to the good private schools like Stanford, Cal Tech, and USC, there are 2 state university systems.  There is the UC system (more prestigious and geared to research and preparation for graduate studies) and the CSU system (less prestigious, with a few exceptions, and more applied and vocational).

When I finished high school, they flat out told you that a certain GPA and SAT score would get you into the UC system, and that formula included Berkeley (the mother campus) and UCLA (sort of the co-flagship).  Move forward 2 or 3 decades and the landscape is very, very different.  Now, Berkeley and UCLA admit less than 15% of the freshman applicant pool.  Some of the other good UCs admit about 25% to 35% of their applicants.  That's less than Montreal's McGill, which I think is a better school.

Except for the 2 polytechnic universities within the CSU system (San Luis Obispo and Pomona), the others admit fairly liberally, with some as high as 85% to 90%.  SLO and Pomona are good at engineering and architecture, which may not be found at the other CSUs, so the admit rate is lower.  Now, if we're talking the Bakersfield, Fresno, San Bernardino, and Chico campuses, just show up with a pulse and, at Chico, a strong penchant for partying.  I knew this chick who looked like Rachel Ward's lost twin sister and who graduated from CSU Sacramento.  She said, "If a resume from Chico State lands on your desk, just put it in the trash can."  That's a stretch, but I laughed.  I'm sure a few capable scholars end up at CSU Chico, but not many.

Sorry for being slightly pedantic, but I keep tabs on this sort of stuff.

California is a weird but interesting place.  It has about the same population as Argentina.  Within the last few years, less people are making it a destination.  But when my parents got to this country, they bolted from the greater New York area when the opportunity to live in Southern California presented itself.

• Like 3
  • Educational 1

Let me be the first to wish one of our more unique and active members @oldshurst442 greetings on his special day, per the site's daily "news feed."

Happy birthday - Charoumena genethlia - Bon anniversaire

And many more ... enjoy your day!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Happy Birthday, @oldshurst442

Hopefully we don't make you have to go on some rant today! Hahaha

He wouldn't be the true-to-form @oldshurst442 we know if there weren't those occasional rants.

• Haha 3

The last and finale special edition model of Dodge will be revealed March 20th at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

Roadkill Nights is the focus of the commercial for this "Last Call" special edition dodge.

Dodge Last Call Powered by Roadkill Nights Vegas
The Dodge Last Call Powered by Roadkill Nights Vegas one-day performance festival will not only reveal the final Dodge “Last Call” special-edition vehicle, but also spotlight the electrified future of the brand with the Dodge Charger Daytona SRT Concept also on display in Las Vegas. Enthusiasts can purchase general admission tickets and view information for the Dodge Last Call Powered by Roadkill Nights Vegas event at www.Motortrend.com/DodgeLastCall.

A Livestream feed of the reveal will be available for viewing at DodgeGarage.com, the Dodge YouTube channel, MotorTrend YouTube channel, as well as at MT+. Event activities will include Small Tire and Big Tire drag racing on The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Dodge Thrill Rides and simulators, a car show and sponsor/vendor midway areas, a post-event concert/afterglow and more.

As with previous Roadkill Nights events, the Roadkill Nights Vegas performance fest will be packed with celebrity appearances — highlighted by a special performance by Grammy-winning superstar Diplo.

2023 Dodge Charger/Challenger “Last Call” Highlights
The seventh and final 2023 "Last Call" special-edition model commemorates the Dodge Challenger and Dodge Charger, which are coming to an end in their current HEMI-engine-powered forms at the end of 2023. Six Dodge "Last Call" models have already been introduced: the Dodge Challenger Shakedown, Dodge Charger Super Bee, Dodge Challenger and Charger Scat Pack Swinger, Dodge Charger King Daytona and Dodge Challenger Black Ghost.

In addition to the seven “Last Call” special-edition models, Dodge is also celebrating its 2023 model lineup by bringing back three beloved heritage exterior colors, B5 Blue, Plum Crazy purple and Sublime green, and one popular modern color, Destroyer Grey. 2023 Charger and Challenger R/T models will also feature new “345” fender badging, a callout to the 345-cubic-inch HEMI® engine under the hood, and all 2023 Dodge Charger and Challenger models will carry a special commemorative “Last Call” underhood plaque.

Dodge also launched a new Horsepower Locator online tool to help Brotherhood of Muscle members make the “Last Call” for the model of their choice. The Dodge Horsepower Locator tool, as well as information on the brand's 24-month Never Lift plan, is available at DodgeGarage.com.

Stellantis Media - ‘Last Call’ Countdown: Teaser Video No. 1 — ‘Runnin’ Hyde’ (stellantisnorthamerica.com)

@oldshurst442 @surreal1272 @ccap41 @riviera74 @Drew Dowdell @Robert Hall

So what do you guys think the final 7th version will be called and how much power over the 840HP Demon do you think it will have?

Could this have the rumored 1,000HP big block V8 as a final send off?

Seems Stellantis released last night the following press release:

Stellantis Media - Stellantis Announces $155 Million Investment in Three Indiana Plants to Support North American Electrification Goals (stellantisnorthamerica.com)

EDM-components-graphic_v4_klt.jpg

The basics of the press release:

• Company to localize production of new electric drive module (EDM) in Kokomo
  • EDM provides all-in-one solution for electric-vehicle powertrains, delivering improved performance at competitive cost
  • Investments to be made at Indiana Transmission, Kokomo Transmission and Kokomo Casting plants
  • More than 265 jobs retained
  • Total investments in Indiana since 2020 to support electrification goals grow to nearly $3.3 billion, including gigafactory joint venture with Samsung SDI
  • Announcement aligns with company’s long-term strategy to reach 50% U.S. battery-electric vehicle sales by 2030, starting with the first fully electric Ram vehicles from 2023 and Jeep® from 2024

Since 2020, Stellantis has invested nearly $3.3 billion in Indiana to support its transition to electrification. This includes recent announcements of $643 million to produce a new engine for conventional and PHEV applications, a next-generation eight-speed transmission and a gigafactory joint venture with Samsung SDI.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

WOW, from a meer 55GWh of battery production in 2021, the U.S. is expected to produce 1,000 GWh of battery cells by 2030 now.

Expansion Of EV Battery Manufacturing Capacity In North America Amazes (insideevs.com)

Snag_4d9cf4d1.png

@oldshurst442 @ccap41 Since ya guys were talking F1 racing. I have to say I love the look of these F1 Brembo Brakes. Jewelry for an Auto and I can clearly see these on Cadillac V editions, Corvette and Camaro's especially on the EV versions to ensure stopping.

Brembo continues to be the leader in Formula 1 braking systems | Brembo - Official Website

Snag_4dc5a497.png

• Like 2

12 hours ago, David said:

The last and finale special edition model of Dodge will be revealed March 20th at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

Roadkill Nights is the focus of the commercial for this "Last Call" special edition dodge.

The Dodge Last Call Powered by Roadkill Nights Vegas one-day performance festival will not only reveal the final Dodge “Last Call” special-edition vehicle, but also spotlight the electrified future of the brand with the Dodge Charger Daytona SRT Concept also on display in Las Vegas. Enthusiasts can purchase general admission tickets and view information for the Dodge Last Call Powered by Roadkill Nights Vegas event at www.Motortrend.com/DodgeLastCall.

A Livestream feed of the reveal will be available for viewing at DodgeGarage.com, the Dodge YouTube channel, MotorTrend YouTube channel, as well as at MT+. Event activities will include Small Tire and Big Tire drag racing on The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Dodge Thrill Rides and simulators, a car show and sponsor/vendor midway areas, a post-event concert/afterglow and more.

As with previous Roadkill Nights events, the Roadkill Nights Vegas performance fest will be packed with celebrity appearances — highlighted by a special performance by Grammy-winning superstar Diplo.

The seventh and final 2023 "Last Call" special-edition model commemorates the Dodge Challenger and Dodge Charger, which are coming to an end in their current HEMI-engine-powered forms at the end of 2023. Six Dodge "Last Call" models have already been introduced: the Dodge Challenger Shakedown, Dodge Charger Super Bee, Dodge Challenger and Charger Scat Pack Swinger, Dodge Charger King Daytona and Dodge Challenger Black Ghost.

In addition to the seven “Last Call” special-edition models, Dodge is also celebrating its 2023 model lineup by bringing back three beloved heritage exterior colors, B5 Blue, Plum Crazy purple and Sublime green, and one popular modern color, Destroyer Grey. 2023 Charger and Challenger R/T models will also feature new “345” fender badging, a callout to the 345-cubic-inch HEMI® engine under the hood, and all 2023 Dodge Charger and Challenger models will carry a special commemorative “Last Call” underhood plaque.

Dodge also launched a new Horsepower Locator online tool to help Brotherhood of Muscle members make the “Last Call” for the model of their choice. The Dodge Horsepower Locator tool, as well as information on the brand's 24-month Never Lift plan, is available at DodgeGarage.com.

Stellantis Media - ‘Last Call’ Countdown: Teaser Video No. 1 — ‘Runnin’ Hyde’ (stellantisnorthamerica.com)

So what do you guys think the final 7th version will be called and how much power over the 840HP Demon do you think it will have?

Stellantis Media - Stellantis Announces $155 Million Investment in Three Indiana Plants to Support North American Electrification Goals (stellantisnorthamerica.com)

• EDM provides all-in-one solution for electric-vehicle powertrains, delivering improved performance at competitive cost
  • Investments to be made at Indiana Transmission, Kokomo Transmission and Kokomo Casting plants
  • Total investments in Indiana since 2020 to support electrification goals grow to nearly $3.3 billion, including gigafactory joint venture with Samsung SDI
  • Announcement aligns with company’s long-term strategy to reach 50% U.S. battery-electric vehicle sales by 2030, starting with the first fully electric Ram vehicles from 2023 and Jeep® from 2024

Since 2020, Stellantis has invested nearly $3.3 billion in Indiana to support its transition to electrification. This includes recent announcements of $643 million to produce a new engine for conventional and PHEV applications, a next-generation eight-speed transmission and a gigafactory joint venture with Samsung SDI.

So the rumors going around claim that the last '23 Challenger variant will have over 1000hp and be called the Goblin, Gremlin or the Ghoul.   (dumb names, but I get it...Dodge always has a bit of whimsy in their muscle car naming...)

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, David said:

WOW, from a meer 55GWh of battery production in 2021, the U.S. is expected to produce 1,000 GWh of battery cells by 2030 now.

Expansion Of EV Battery Manufacturing Capacity In North America Amazes (insideevs.com)

Snag_4d9cf4d1.png

I don't see Rivian's Normal, IL plant as an 'assembly location'. It should be roughly in the middle of the state. 

10 hours ago, David said:

@oldshurst442 @ccap41 Since ya guys were talking F1 racing. I have to say I love the look of these F1 Brembo Brakes. Jewelry for an Auto and I can clearly see these on Cadillac V editions, Corvette and Camaro's especially on the EV versions to ensure stopping.

Brembo continues to be the leader in Formula 1 braking systems | Brembo - Official Website

Snag_4dc5a497.png

It's incredible how something so hidden, covered, and overlooked by non-enthusiasts can still be such a beautiful thing. 

That's also pretty awesome they supply a custom setup for every team, or 9 of 10 teams. This wording is confusing to me; 

"In 2023, Brembo's extensive presence on the grid is confirmed. The Brembo Group will supply its calipers to all 10 teams. In particular, nine teams will be supplied with Brembo calipers while a team will be supplied with AP Racing calipers, a company based in Coventry (UK) owned by the Bergamo-based company. "

They say they supply calipers to all ten teams  but then say one team uses AP Racing calipers...?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ccap41 said:

I don't see Rivian's Normal, IL plant as an 'assembly location'. It should be roughly in the middle of the state. 

Agree, I also did not see a few plants that have been announced, so not sure if it is just a delay since this map was originally done end of last year or what.

1 hour ago, ccap41 said:

It's incredible how something so hidden, covered, and overlooked by non-enthusiasts can still be such a beautiful thing. 

That's also pretty awesome they supply a custom setup for every team, or 9 of 10 teams. This wording is confusing to me; 

"In 2023, Brembo's extensive presence on the grid is confirmed. The Brembo Group will supply its calipers to all 10 teams. In particular, nine teams will be supplied with Brembo calipers while a team will be supplied with AP Racing calipers, a company based in Coventry (UK) owned by the Bergamo-based company. "

They say they supply calipers to all ten teams  but then say one team uses AP Racing calipers...?

I also thought that was confusing and wondered why one team would not use the top level approved calipers. Very weird for sure unless that one team feels they can use a lighter version to make their auto faster due to less weight. But I would have to think breaking power of going into curves would also increase crash risk.

28 minutes ago, David said:

Agree, I also did not see a few plants that have been announced, so not sure if it is just a delay since this map was originally done end of last year or what.

I also thought that was confusing and wondered why one team would not use the top level approved calipers. Very weird for sure unless that one team feels they can use a lighter version to make their auto faster due to less weight. But I would have to think breaking power of going into curves would also increase crash risk.

It's such a fascinating sport, especially now that they have a spending cap. They used to be able to spend as much as they wanted therefore the top teams were spending ten times what the budget teams were. Now that there's a cap, they have to weigh more benefits/costs. 

For instance, Haas has gone to a much smaller pit box/wall which is saving them 250k, supposedly mostly in delivery costs, that they can then allocate to development. I love it. It may look a little silly but if it allows them more to develop their car, I'm all for that kind of thing. 

Haas Pit Wall.jpg

RedBull Pit Wall.jpg

Edited by ccap41
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

Rattlesnake?

"It tastes like chicken."

Alligator?

"It tastes like chicken."

- - - - -

Hard pass on both.

Do we really know what Chicken tastes like? ;) 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, David said:

Do we really know what Chicken tastes like? 

All I can say is bring it on:  chicken parmigiana, chicken piccata, chicken cordon bleu, cashew chicken, chicken tetrazzini, etc., etc.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, trinacriabob said:

All I can say is bring it on:  chicken parmigiana, chicken piccata, chicken cordon bleu, cashew chicken, chicken tetrazzini, etc., etc.

Yum...and to that I will add chicken paprikash, chicken katsu,  chicken vindaloo, chicken 65, chicken do piyaza, chicken tikka masala, chicken biryani, chicken korma, chicken lo mein, kung pao chicken, sesame chicken, chicken curry (Thai, Indian, Sri Lankan, etc), southern fried chicken, Korean fried chicken, chicken and waffles...so many tasty chicken dishes from around the world...

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

On 3/2/2023 at 9:22 PM, Robert Hall said:

Yum...and to that I will add chicken paprikash, chicken katsu,  chicken vindaloo, chicken 65, chicken do piyaza, chicken tikka masala, chicken biryani, chicken korma, chicken lo mein, kung pao chicken, sesame chicken, chicken curry (Thai, Indian, Sri Lankan, etc), southern fried chicken, Korean fried chicken, chicken and waffles...so many tasty chicken dishes from around the world...

Yes to a select few of those (chicken paprikash, chicken lo mein, sesame chicken) since I will not go near anything spicy.  Ever.  My nose runs the entire time and that's not fun.

Adding chicken teriyaki, lemon chicken, chicken fricasse (Cuban), chicken enchiladas and burritos, chicken souvlaki, etc., etc.

• Like 3

On 3/1/2023 at 7:27 AM, trinacriabob said:

Let me be the first to wish one of our more unique and active members @oldshurst442 greetings on his special day, per the site's daily "news feed."

Happy birthday - Charoumena genethlia - Bon anniversaire

And many more ... enjoy your day!

Grazie! 

Love that you spoke to me in Greek...and in French! 

(with google translate help)  Molto rispetto    

• Oh Yeah! 1

On 3/1/2023 at 11:23 AM, surreal1272 said:

Happy Birthday @oldshurst442!

On 3/1/2023 at 2:22 PM, Robert Hall said:

Happy Birthday @oldshurst442

Best Thanks GIFs | Gfycat

(the idea behind this gif depicting a young Lindsey is that she is depicting a certain shy and sincere thank-you...so I wanted to show sarcasm of how I feel the EXACT opposite of this...)

KEEP CALM I WAS JUST JOKING Poster | loveyourcatselaine | Keep Calm-o-Matic

No...seriously...  Love you bruhs... 

Bump Chest GIFs | Tenor

(the idea of THIS gif is to depict...um...my sincerity.)  

No really...

Thank-you-guys GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

hey...you guys...

Incredible Dwayne - image #15

ALL YOU guys at CheersandGears

Thumbs Up Dwayne Johnson GIF - Thumbs Up Dwayne Johnson Well Done -  Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/1/2023 at 10:15 PM, David said:

Who knows what Dodge has planned for a final FINAL send off...for an ICE musckle car.

Evil lookin Leprechauns...  Next level concerning Dodge muscle car lunacy for sure....  

On 3/2/2023 at 6:49 PM, David said:

Do we really know what Chicken tastes like? ;) 

On 3/2/2023 at 9:13 PM, trinacriabob said:

On 3/2/2023 at 9:22 PM, Robert Hall said:

And Ill add...  but @trinacriabob came very close by mentioning chicken souvlaki on another post that I didnt quote.  

Greek lemon roasted chicken and potatoes in the oven...

Greek Roasted Chicken and Potatoes Recipe: How to Make It

Or same recipe but grilled on a BBQ

BEST Greek Marinade (for Greek Chicken, Pork, Lamb & more!) | PWWB

Ingredients not much different than any other Greek style meat whether lamb or porc or fish for that matter,  BBQed or baked in the oven as in lemon, garlic and oregano...  Same ole same ole Greek recipe....but... DELICIOUS just the same.  

My mom (did) and my wife cooks this on a regular basis.  In fact...Im about to eat this very thing right now!  

Love this dish... like A LOT...in Greece.     There is something about Greek food...in Greece, that anything prepared and cooked in Greece...just tastes sooooo much better than in North America.   

Southern deep fried chicken has got to be my 2nd best type of chicken.   Yeah..ahead of all the parmesian and masala and Portuguese style and Gebral Tao and all those other great chicken dishes. 

My favorite fast food chicken is this:

Buffalo Wild Wings Honey Barbeque Wings Recipe - TheFoodXP

with blue cheese dip

And...

KFC offering buy-one-get-one FREE chicken buckets this weekend | Dished

• Like 3

For gear heards that love all things ICE, enjoy.

An interesting video for sure.

Man I would love to see some of these here being driven.

• Thanks 1

A good laugh for the day!

Idiot

Crazy the number of idiots over the years that have hit this low railroad crossing. I would think the city would realize they need to make a change more than a sign and radar saying your over height.

On 3/4/2023 at 5:39 PM, oldshurst442 said:

hey...you guys...

Incredible Dwayne - image #15

ALL YOU guys at CheersandGears

Thumbs Up Dwayne Johnson GIF - Thumbs Up Dwayne Johnson Well Done -  Discover & Share GIFs

Funny!

On 3/4/2023 at 6:11 PM, oldshurst442 said:

Greek lemon roasted chicken and potatoes in the oven...

Greek Roasted Chicken and Potatoes Recipe: How to Make It

Or same recipe but grilled on a BBQ

BEST Greek Marinade (for Greek Chicken, Pork, Lamb & more!) | PWWB

Ingredients not much different than any other Greek style meat whether lamb or porc or fish for that matter,  BBQed or baked in the oven as in lemon, garlic and oregano...  Same ole same ole Greek recipe....but... DELICIOUS just the same.  

My mom (did) and my wife cooks this on a regular basis.  In fact...Im about to eat this very thing right now!  

Love this dish... like A LOT...in Greece.     There is something about Greek food...in Greece, that anything prepared and cooked in Greece...just tastes sooooo much better than in North America.   

Southern deep fried chicken has got to be my 2nd best type of chicken.   Yeah..ahead of all the parmesian and masala and Portuguese style and Gebral Tao and all those other great chicken dishes. 

Yes to all that Greek grilling. 

Portuguese food is simple and delicious, but I don't like the chicken piri piri you might be referring to and which seems to have become trendy in short order.  I don't think it's authentically Portuguese, but might have come into their cuisine by way of Brazil, Angola, and/or Cape Verde.  If you like chicken piri piri, it will be easy to find on the Plateau Mont-Royal, a neighborhood I struggle with (cough) ... haha.

3 hours ago, David said:

An interesting video for sure.

Yes, interesting.  Thanks.

The Lincoln Versailles piggy-backed onto the Ford Granada while the Cadillac Seville was designed from scratch and had a much better standard engine upon being released.

Then:

- 38 minute video - typical - that's longer than an episode of "The Brady Bunch" or "Bewitched"

- the initial sequence where he pans around it at night when it's illuminated is sort of cool ... sort of ... and, best of all, he's NOT talking

- he admits that he had his "covid whiskey" ... why am I not surprised?

- it takes 22 minutes to learn that it has a FoMoCo 302 c.i. V8 under the hood, though it was probably a coin flip between a 302 and a 351 ... but we did learn that the trans was a 3 speed automatic and one that probably lacked the lock-up feature

- the dashboard and instrumentation are hideous

- he definitely seems to be biased toward GM, given that he gushes over the colonnades and such ... which is fine with me.  That said, he doesn't seem to like this car very much.

- whose house is that that he's always doing these YouTube vids from?

• Haha 1

VW did their world release of the updated ID3 compact EV. While the U.S. will not get this auto, they listened to customers who complained about certain things in regard to the ID3 such as material quality and attention to detail.

Enhanced quality, likeable, digital: world premiere of the new ID.3 | Volkswagen Newsroom (volkswagen-newsroom.com)

DB2023AU00149_large.jpgDB2023AU00096_large.jpg

Video of ID3